Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2010, 07:02 AM   #61
Racer X 05

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 R1

Oh yeah let me point out my mistake I used hear instead of here before 10 plus and 8 track and Spelling B Champ points it out.....
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
making stock exhaust louder ekfraz How To's and Q & A's 4 06-15-2009 11:01 PM
Arrow Exhaust vs D&D Exhaust DJSuperVillain Performance and Modifications 16 07-24-2008 09:11 PM
need stock to be louder kninjak General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 03-18-2008 05:12 PM
Need someones help installing my exhaust (need tools I dont have, and exhaust hanger) scrapp Off Topic 7 11-21-2006 10:59 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-05-2010, 07:45 AM   #62
bueller
future lotto winner

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 buell xb12s (gone)
spankin new buell 1125r

I thought this would have got locked, but I got some advice for you. You could sell that sweet bike and get a v-twin or put a playing card on the front fork
Old 04-05-2010, 08:40 AM   #63
ormand
Deelish!

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r
Total Mileage: 42,000

J
Quote:
Originally Posted by hibreed View Post
check out this word -dou((che) bag!- Shot d ell op about riding for 10 years. and if it hurts ur feelings that someone wants a loud exhaust go start a thread for quiet exhausts. and dude word of advice, its not cool 2 stalk ppl and stalkn a dude? NOW DATZ JUST GAYE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinyman View Post
Oh your cool with your 2 posts, and just joining, yeah!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hibreed View Post
its 4am and im bored outta my mind @ work. dats my excuse. y dont u grab a towel wipe d cream of ur dik and go to bed. jerkass

DATZ POST 3 BY D WAY
Old 04-05-2010, 09:51 AM   #64
viper3ez
Hello, My Name Is Nuvie

Experience: 1-3 months

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to viper3ez Send a message via MSN to viper3ez Send a message via Yahoo to viper3ez Send a message via Skype™ to viper3ez
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinyman View Post
Oh your cool with your 2 posts, and just joining, yeah!
what? people with 2 posts or 2 days experience of riding cannot post on MH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post
Racer X. He's a pro.
i see. i did not know this was a professional biking site to boast about excellent riding records. i thought it was a place where i could ask a question on how to do something and get the right answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
Noice. This thread was very entertaining.

I have nothing to add but, OP that's a sweet bike you got there. I think there is some truth to the fact that a louder exhaust will make you more noticeable. I've been on the road and heard cruisers from way back before they're even near me.
But that being your only reason for upgrading then being dependent on that, is kinda reverse train of thought.

Oh yeah, and Franco be a cool dude too.

Even though he did try to kill me on RR yesterday.
well, if we all like the same things the world would be boring wouldn't it? i'm not going to ditch a full exhaust system for str8 pipes. that was kind of a joke as someone suggested that. my primary goal of this thread was to get an idea what i could do to the exhaust i have to get some more decibels. i dont have a 10yr 1 collision riding record so i have no idea what my options are. those that do are too worried about putting their achievements out there to be of any help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davekg View Post
Only time I've been hit by a cage on a bike was at a freak'n stop light some idiot ran into the back of me.... loud exhaust didn't help me there.
that makes sense but does that mean a loud exhaust would not save anyone else life? i'm scared of being at a stop light even more after that phoenix event. i leave my bike in gear ready to roll but if siht goes downhill and someeone is coming at you but there's a car in front of you, you pretty much screwed.

same applies to a loud exhaust, quiet or loud, people are going to switch lanes into you, i drive a big tank and people still drift into me. i just want to raise my chances of being heard even if its by 0.001%, it might be what save my life. i think i have every right to do that wether or not our experienced riders think it works or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer X 05 View Post
Viper, he (racer X) can't help it he our resident ,know it all! Nice to know that he has 10 plus yrs exp. and all that jazz he's quick to pull is respect my authority badge!
Oh and in case resident reads this quit bragging about your 10 plus and 8 track days! Some of us got you beat on that! Want impress me win a moto gp then flash that! Until then try to help the people out on hear without your sarcasm! Remember your suppose to be older and wiser.........
thank you sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bueller View Post
I thought this would have got locked, but I got some advice for you. You could sell that sweet bike and get a v-twin or put a playing card on the front fork
welol, i have the bike i want right now so thats a negative on the v-twin except you paying for it and i'm guessing you trying to be a smart- with your playing cards in fork statement but since this noob has no idea what that means? i'll just let it be.
viper3ez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:03 AM   #65
viper3ez
Hello, My Name Is Nuvie

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to viper3ez Send a message via MSN to viper3ez Send a message via Yahoo to viper3ez Send a message via Skype™ to viper3ez
quick question

is the CAN part of the full system same thing as a slip-on? as in can i get another yoshimura slip on and replace my can?

it seems i have the TRC system and they have a carbon fiber slip-on that i'll prefer over my stainless one as the bike is black for the most part
Old 04-05-2010, 10:04 AM   #66
bueller
future lotto winner

Bike(s):
04 buell xb12s (gone)
spankin new buell 1125r

Dude you never had a playing card on your bicycle as a kid hitting your wires in the wheel , dude I had two playing cards just so I could have duel exhaust
Old 04-05-2010, 10:05 AM   #67
bueller
future lotto winner

Bike(s):
04 buell xb12s (gone)
spankin new buell 1125r

And yes to your question, just order the carbon fiber slip on
Old 04-05-2010, 10:06 AM   #68
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

^^^^good job defending your self. Lol. Some. People for been so experience they don't give you the answer to the question, instead they give you their opinion. I hate when that happens.
With all your respect to the olders here.
floyd600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:08 AM   #69
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

^^^^good job defending your self. Lol. Some. People for been so experience they don't give you the answer to the question, instead they give you their opinion. I hate when that happens.
With all your respect to the olders here.

VIPER!!!

Last edited by floyd600; 04-05-2010 at 10:12 AM.
floyd600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:13 AM   #70
viper3ez
Hello, My Name Is Nuvie

Member Garage

Quote:
Dude you never had a playing card on your bicycle as a kid hitting your wires in the wheel , dude I had two playing cards just so I could have duel exhaust
no sir, i never did.

we were so broke, i'll wait till the other kids broke their bicycle and then i'll roll the wheels around.

you might think i'm joking but remember i did not get the joke
Old 04-05-2010, 10:17 AM   #71
viper3ez
Hello, My Name Is Nuvie

Member Garage

Quote:
And yes to your question, just order the carbon fiber slip on

thanks.

their website say that model exhaust has a low volume insert thats removable. i wonder if its still in mine.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:17 AM   #72
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Back on topic...

If the OP's intent is to make his presence more known to the drivers around him, why not install blinking lights and alarm sirens?
If it isn't done in a way to simulate police lights and sirens, there should be no problem. Then drivers all around can see AND hear you better.
Maybe one of those tall whip masts with an orange flag too.

Those are resonable responses to your expressed desire for increasing safety, if not directly addressing making the exhaust louder.

Or is it possible that you just think having a really loud bike will make you cooler?
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:29 AM   #73
brandontx

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

I didn't read the entire thread so forgive me if I'm repeating something but you can remove the baffles I believe. That would usually make it louder. And I'm sorry but loud bikes do keep you safer. So does riding ability blah blah blah. I stay out of blind spots but if you are passing someone and they swerve over at you there is no amount of riding skill that can prevent that. You can use your skills to escape the situation but not entirely prevent it. Loud bikes prevent that. I have Akras on my Aprilia and rarely does anyone come into my lane. When I ride my father's Triumph that has the stock exhaust and sounds like a sewing machine people come into my lane and do not know I'm there ALL THE TIME. Loud bike=rarely Quiet bike=frequently. I know this is not just a coincidence because it happens consistently since he got that bike two years ago.
brandontx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:33 AM   #74
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

lol, I always thought ol' RacerEd was some old school ridin' , since his experience just says "10+ years" when it turns out he hasnt been riding quite that long yet.
Now I find out Ive been riding about as long as him.

Oh, and he might be an ...but he does speak the truth to a certain degree.
Me, I dont like RacerEd, but at the end of the day he gets some respect out of me. Dude blows the safety horn with dogged determination, and catches TONS of flack for it. Most people would have given up a long time ago.

Khaki shirt.
less_than_coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:37 AM   #75
viper3ez
Hello, My Name Is Nuvie

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
Back on topic...

If the OP's intent is to make his presence more known to the drivers around him, why not install blinking lights and alarm sirens?
If it isn't done in a way to simulate police lights and sirens, there should be no problem. Then drivers all around can see AND hear you better.
Maybe one of those tall whip masts with an orange flag too.

Those are resonable responses to your expressed desire for increasing safety, if not directly addressing making the exhaust louder.

Or is it possible that you just think having a really loud bike will make you cooler?
you sir are a FAIL.

i already established that i'm not looking for more visual presence but rather more audible presence. if someone driving beside you at noon with the sun out does not see you, no way they'll see your lights and sirens when its bright out, these lights you suggest do not project themselves onto the surrounding environment but rather can only be seen by someone who sees the bikle on which these lights are mounted.

i have HID bulbss in my headlights which are always on as long as the bike is running. now those project onto everything in front of me. if someone does not see that while i'm coming from behind them and sways in to my lane when i'm beside them, then obviously, my visual presence has not kkept me totally safe.

my logic behind getting louder is if i'm heard, there's a minute chance the sound of my bike may compell them to look even if for a fraction of a second for me before they switch lanes.

now to the issue of looking cool, what, to you is looking cool?

if you think my yearn for a louder exhaust is an attempt at being "cool", that tells me you see loud exhausts as a "cool" thing and you are assuming i share that idea with you.

i have been out of high school for a really long time and at this point in nmy life the "self-images" i try to put forward are those of "reliable", "knowledgeable", "hardworking", etc... i hope you get the picture.

why? because these are the images that'll get me paid so i can buy the loudest exhaust in the market for my bike and subsequently look "COOL" to you.

now on a more serious note, grown men dont use the term "look cool" to describe or justify their actions.

and let me tell you this, a well composed paragraph does not make you seem knowledgeable just makes you look like a well read jack-.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:44 AM   #76
viper3ez
Hello, My Name Is Nuvie

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
One more thing... maybe a bike with more grunt in it. Them high pitched 600s don't do it for me. Buying a 600 for their loud sound is like somebody trying to bring their tricked out Honda CRX out to a big boy.

600s are too whiny. Louder pipes ain't gunna help you much. Whine's still there.

true, while out for a ride saturday night with a freind of mine with a hayabusa, we switched bikes.

i can tell you the 2 bike were worlds apart. the 'busa was way more comfortable and the motor just growled through the RPMs. it was beautiful.

i would get a bigger bike eventually but for right now, all i can work with is the R6
Old 04-05-2010, 10:48 AM   #77
viper3ez
Hello, My Name Is Nuvie

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by less_than_coop View Post
lol, I always thought ol' RacerEd was some old school ridin' , since his experience just says "10+ years" when it turns out he hasnt been riding quite that long yet.
Now I find out Ive been riding about as long as him.

Oh, and he might be an ...but he does speak the truth to a certain degree.
Me, I dont like RacerEd, but at the end of the day he gets some respect out of me. Dude blows the safety horn with dogged determination, and catches TONS of flack for it. Most people would have given up a long time ago.
i would respect someone who persistently preaches the importance of gear when that is the discussion at hand but if the discussion is about making "MY" exhaust louder and you make the thread about you, your century long riding experience and your spotless safty record o0n a bike, then you are just showing signs of TOOLERY(i know). and being a tool is not the way to get your message across
Old 04-05-2010, 10:56 AM   #78
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper3ez View Post
i would respect someone who persistently preaches the importance of gear when that is the discussion at hand but if the discussion is about making "MY" exhaust louder and you make the thread about you, your century long riding experience and your spotless safty record o0n a bike, then you are just showing signs of TOOLERY(i know). and being a tool is not the way to get your message across
Trust me on this, many member before you have gone over this again and again with RacerX, he used to be a mod here.
He doesnt always employ the best methodology to get his message across, and that just is what it is.
What I give him credit for is his persistance.
One thing to take into consideration is that you made a thread asking for input on a louder exhaust. You had someone with quite a bit more riding experience give you their two cents about loud pipes. Even on this last page Bumblebee chimed in with his two cents and you talked about him. That dude has been riding a long time, and as someone with lots of milage under their belt, his opinion (and probably real world experience) should be something you listen to. Whether or not you heed their advice is up to you, but you should at least listen.

As to the back and forth you and X had, well, it was childish on BOTH parts.
Just as you told him that he didnt have a need to keep posting in the thread, you didnt have a need to respond and egg him on.
When you see RacerX's safety posts, look to see if anyone responds. When they dont respond, neither does he(usually).

It takes two people to argue.

As for your pipes...do what you want. Some people will agree, some people wont. Who cares, right?

Khaki shirt.
less_than_coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:15 AM   #79
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by less_than_coop View Post
Trust me on this, many member before you have gone over this again and again with RacerX, he used to be a mod here.
He doesnt always employ the best methodology to get his message across, and that just is what it is.
What I give him credit for is his persistance.
One thing to take into consideration is that you made a thread asking for input on a louder exhaust. You had someone with quite a bit more riding experience give you their two cents about loud pipes. Even on this last page Bumblebee chimed in with his two cents and you talked about him. That dude has been riding a long time, and as someone with lots of milage under their belt, his opinion (and probably real world experience) should be something you listen to. Whether or not you heed their advice is up to you, but you should at least listen.

As to the back and forth you and X had, well, it was childish on BOTH parts.
Just as you told him that he didnt have a need to keep posting in the thread, you didnt have a need to respond and egg him on.
When you see RacerX's safety posts, look to see if anyone responds. When they dont respond, neither does he(usually).

It takes two people to argue.

As for your pipes...do what you want. Some people will agree, some people wont. Who cares, right?
+1
Old 04-05-2010, 11:19 AM   #80
TomballD

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80

1) D & D pipes are loud and raspy
2) Dont remove baffles, they are there for a reason
3) How can you afford to mod your car like that if you dont have a Job? Just wondering