MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2010, 11:22 PM   #21
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd600 View Post
even when you ride the safest, there is always that one car/person that don't see you, no matter if you are no speeding or been safe.
sometimes having a loud exhaust help for people hear you coming and pay better attention to you.
i ride city most of the time and i been in so many closed calls before my bike had a exhaust, now that it sounds louder they see me coming and better yet, they hear me coming. yeah... i been riding for 2 years and been in two accidents, one where the driver that hit me fail to yield to incoming traffic on a corner and i was going home from work like at 630 at night, and the other one i lost control of my friends bike.
SO ILL SAY DO WHAT THIS GUYS SAID...^^^SAFE RIDING TIPS. AND GET YOUR SELF SOMETHING THAT WOULD LET OTHERS KNOW THAT YOU ARE COMING.....
i;ve been riding nearly 10, and had 1 accident, so who should somebody listen to? one thats crashed for every yr of riding or 1 thats crashed 1x in 10 yrs. and 80?k (pretty much all commuting) mi.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
making stock exhaust louder ekfraz How To's and Q & A's 4 06-15-2009 11:01 PM
Arrow Exhaust vs D&D Exhaust DJSuperVillain Performance and Modifications 16 07-24-2008 09:11 PM
need stock to be louder kninjak General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 03-18-2008 05:12 PM
Need someones help installing my exhaust (need tools I dont have, and exhaust hanger) scrapp Off Topic 7 11-21-2006 10:59 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-04-2010, 11:24 PM   #22
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_Lee View Post
floyd600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 11:28 PM   #23
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
i;ve been riding nearly 10, and had 1 accident, so who should somebody listen to? one thats crashed for every yr of riding or 1 thats crashed 1x in 10 yrs. and 80?k (pretty much all commuting) mi.
YOU ARE AWESOME... WHAT YOU WANT A MEDAL FOR RIDER OF THE 10 YEARS??? YOU ARE SUCH A BAD RIDER.. THE GUY IS ASKING FOR HELP ON HIS BIKE, NOT FOR YOU TO TALK ABOUT HOW GOOD OF A RIDER YOU ARE... OR HOW MUCH OF EXPERIENCE YOU HAVE, IF YOU CANT ANSWER THE QUESTION THEN DONT SAY NOTHING MASTER....
Old 04-04-2010, 11:31 PM   #24
viper3ez
Hello, My Name Is Nuvie

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to viper3ez Send a message via MSN to viper3ez Send a message via Yahoo to viper3ez Send a message via Skype™ to viper3ez
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile337 View Post
you don't like when people your thread out, do you?

I'm not the stupid chick that ran in your lane, I watch out for bikers when I'm cagin' it. I genuinely care for bikers, that's why I encourage gear. it's obvious you don't care about anything but people hearing you.
haha, yeah, i dont. you got me on that one. gear is important cos it could be the thin line between life and death when(not if) a biker falls. at the same time, if some rider is feeling like raising his or her likelihood being a darwinian(you get the point) statistic(ie me riding in shorts), its their right as an American to do just that. also, i do want people hearing me, but in this one isolated case, i want ideas on how to get my exhaust louder. i think thats still legal and i hope thats ok with the lords

Quote:
i did say i already have a full exhaust which i'll prefer to make louder before considering other options but thatnks anyways. googling could be one of a task sometimes

Quote:
its that time of the yr, weathers good, people got refund checks and have free time on the i-net so instantly they are experinced riders and spout out BS from their vast experiences of 1-2 mos of riding. and then crash. and blame everybody and everything, but don't learn from it.

happens early fall too.
well well, what do we have here? Sir know-it-all has it all figured out.

weather is good alright,being a jobless student, my refund check cannot even buy tires, you seem to have just as much freetime on the i-net, you are the only one hear who has boasted about experience. i took the mSF for licensing like 2 years ago but i dont see the need for a measuring contest (that is need to update my "special riding experience" cos i'll always be learning something new).

you sure have it all figured out.

dude, if you cant contribute to the topic and it bothers you, dont read it. too easy.

take your millenium of riding experience and go get a new job with it or something. does nothing to improve my riding skill or increase my willingness to wear full gear.

i do admire your persistence though. bravo!
viper3ez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 11:34 PM   #25
ormand
Deelish!

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r
Total Mileage: 42,000

So much anger tonight!
Old 04-04-2010, 11:35 PM   #26
DANtheMan.
Chicks dig scars!

Experience: 2 years

06 crf250

Send a message via AIM to DANtheMan.
Loud pipes save lives... People arguge stay out of their blind spots or don't ride next to them. But what if you have to pass them your gonna have to ride next to them.. What if they forget to look before switching lanes? Boom they run into You because they weren't paying attention they didn't see/hear you..

Get a D&D problem solved.. I have one and love it!
DANtheMan. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 11:37 PM   #27
mr_Lee
the power of dreams.

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
08' 600rr

Send a message via AIM to mr_Lee
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper3ez View Post
i did say i already have a full exhaust which i'll prefer to make louder before considering other options but thatnks anyways. googling could be one of a task sometimes
Oh ok my bad, then this is what you need:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+make+my+...exhaust+louder

mr_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 11:37 PM   #28
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
haha, yeah, i dont. you got me on that one. gear is important cos it could be the thin line between life and death when(not if) a biker falls. at the same time, if some rider is feeling like raising his or her likelihood being a darwinian(you get the point) statistic(ie me riding in shorts), its their right as an American to do just that. also, i do want people hearing me, but in this one isolated case, i want ideas on how to get my exhaust louder. i think thats still legal and i hope thats ok with the lords

well well, what do we have here? Sir know-it-all has it all figured out.

weather is good alright,being a jobless student, my refund check cannot even buy tires, you seem to have just as much freetime on the i-net, you are the only one hear who has boasted about experience. i took the mSF for licensing like 2 years ago but i dont see the need for a measuring contest (that is need to update my "special riding experience" cos i'll always be learning something new).

you sure have it all figured out.

dude, if you cant contribute to the topic and it bothers you, dont read it. too easy.

take your millenium of riding experience and go get a new job with it or something. does nothing to improve my riding skill or increase my willingness to wear full gear.

i do admire your persistence though. bravo!
!!!
I JUST LOVE WHEN YOU ASK A QUESTION AND HERE YOU HAVE A SMART COMES OUT AND DONT HELP IN ANYTHING YOU ARE ASKING ABOUT. STAY ON THE TOPIC
Old 04-04-2010, 11:39 PM   #29
DANtheMan.
Chicks dig scars!

Experience: 2 years

06 crf250

Send a message via AIM to DANtheMan.
Talking

Quote:
If I see you on the road I'll make sure to clip your tail that will make accident #2 for you lol jk
DANtheMan. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 11:40 PM   #30
viper3ez
Hello, My Name Is Nuvie

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to viper3ez Send a message via MSN to viper3ez Send a message via Yahoo to viper3ez Send a message via Skype™ to viper3ez
Quote:
driving a tank like yours in the blind spot is nothing like riding a bike in the blind spot, thank you and come again!

care about you.....nothing could be further from the truth i could care less what happens, like i said, you'll come and go just liek thousands before. but what i care about is the stupid info you're giving as if you had a clue, which you don't.
yet you are back again. aren't you something?

dude, i am not a decade long experienced rider, i know its coming. when it happens i want it to be due to my stupidity not because someoone was not looking. so i'm going to do everything i can to be seen heard on the road.

now you on the other hand, we commemorate your saftey record with your long riding experince. you very well might be the safest most experienced rider out there from what you say. se i worship you but please GTFO here so i can get the help i am asking for.

when i want to improve my riding skill, i'll take more riding classes. for now, my priority is being heard while riding so please get out of the way of that happening.

and stop being an Click image for larger version

Name:	ethug.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	33476
Old 04-04-2010, 11:42 PM   #31
viper3ez
Hello, My Name Is Nuvie

Member Garage

Quote:
Oh ok my bad, then this is what you need:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+make+my+...exhaust+louder

you are awesome
Old 04-04-2010, 11:45 PM   #32
viper3ez
Hello, My Name Is Nuvie

Member Garage

Quote:
i think somebody would listen to one that reads and answers the question. not one that deviates and decides to tell us about his topic unrelated riding experience instead
Old 04-04-2010, 11:45 PM   #33
Tri

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2009 R6
2005 R6 - Sold :*[

try one thats just a pipe
jardine gp1, racefit megaphone, hotbodies megaphone, taylormade, etc

or one that has a larger opening
racefit growler, termignoni, LOR, etc

BUT, seeing as how u already have a full system, not sure how well other exhausts will fit the headers.

also, from the pics, that bike seems fully tracked with no lights, so you shouldnt even be in the streets with it. aside from worrying about people hearing you, its only fair to say u should get some brake lights n signals to inform other people on the road what ur intent is.

Tri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 11:46 PM   #34
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:

i did add a comment, loud pipes save nothing, you didn't like that response so you went off.......

i-net forum hint, if you don't like ALL the advice you're given on a topic , don't post up cuz you're gonna read things you don't like. if you do either move on or don't read it, cuz not everybodys gonna have your mindset.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Old 04-04-2010, 11:47 PM   #35
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
i think somebody would listen to one that reads and answers the question. not one that deviates and decides to tell us about his topic unrelated riding experience instead
people always read my post, topic related or not. i'm a barrel of monkeys!

night night kiddy's.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Old 04-04-2010, 11:50 PM   #36
NitroHonda
Deaf

Bike(s):
2006 GSX-R 1000k6
2003 Kawasaki ZX6R -- trackbike
2009 ZX14 -- STOLEN -- never recovered
2008 Hayabusa -- STOLEN -- frame recovered

I once owned a CB900 with Kerker pipes. I loved removing the pipes. I would strap them to the rear seat and go down the Washburn tunnel. I remember passing a cop in the tunnel and seeing his brake lights flash as well as kinda swerve a little. Lol. I took off like a bat in and slipped them back on.

Here's the thing... I'm also pro-loud on pipes. I'm Deaf so it's important to me to have my bike eff out some heavy duty sound...

No Harley references please. I don't ride junk no matter how loud it is.

... there has to be a limit. I can't tell you how many times I've been nearly run over by an angry driver. Once, I pulled up to a stop light after hauling on 225. A truck pulled up next to me and fired his gun at my bike before peeling out. After recognizing a pattern with upset drivers, I then realized it was the fact that I removed my pipes in addition to a steady dose of triple digit speeds.

Point being... you're gonna people off no matter what you do. THAT is the life of an extreme biker. Xracer gave you some really good advice there. Louder pipes aren't going to save you from poor drivers on the road. That job is yours and yours alone.

Don't remove the baffle. You'll have carburation/fuel injection problems down the road somewhere. You need the backflow of the fuel mixture to fire cleanly. At least I think it's important. I'm no mechanic though I do almost all repairs myself. I find cleaner plugs with the baffle installed.
NitroHonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 11:51 PM   #37
viper3ez
Hello, My Name Is Nuvie

Member Garage

Quote:
i did add a comment, loud pipes save nothing, you didn't like that response so you went off.......

i-net forum hint, if you don't like ALL the advice you're given on a topic , don't post up cuz you're gonna read things you don't like. if you do either move on or don't read it, cuz not everybodys gonna have your mindset.

well genius, you did not give any advice. loudpipe dont save lives is your opinion. i did not ask for "YOUR OPINION ON LOUD PIPES", i asked for "HOW TO MAKE EXHAUST LOUDER"

you really cant read can you?

you sound like you tow the short bus with your bike.

i can take reading things i dont like.

what i dont ignore is when a douche-nozzle sways off the topic and hold on to a topic unrelated point.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:53 PM   #38
viper3ez
Hello, My Name Is Nuvie

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilai View Post
try one thats just a pipe
jardine gp1, racefit megaphone, hotbodies megaphone, taylormade, etc

or one that has a larger opening
racefit growler, termignoni, LOR, etc

BUT, seeing as how u already have a full system, not sure how well other exhausts will fit the headers.

also, from the pics, that bike seems fully tracked with no lights, so you shouldnt even be in the streets with it. aside from worrying about people hearing you, its only fair to say u should get some brake lights n signals to inform other people on the road what ur intent is.
the race plastics are not on the bike. its in full street form now. thats the only picture i have showing the exhaust.
thanks for your input
Old 04-04-2010, 11:56 PM   #39
ormand
Deelish!

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r
Total Mileage: 42,000

Quote:
well genius, you did not give any advice. loudpipe dont save lives is your opinion. i did not ask for "YOUR OPINION ON LOUD PIPES", i asked for "HOW TO MAKE EXHAUST LOUDER"

you really cant read can you?

you sound like you tow the short bus with your bike.

i can take reading things i dont like.

what i dont ignore is when a douche-nozzle sways off the topic and hold on to a topic unrelated point.
oh fk
Old 04-04-2010, 11:59 PM   #40
The Trav
slowpoke

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 1

im still rofling at this thread. keep it up guys
I will not allow myself the weakness to lay aside responsibility of my actions to a higher power and write that weakness off as destiny. Vigilance, intelligence and discipline keep us alive out there.
-kib
Rest In Peace Chris Owens aka faster321, you will be missed...
The Trav is offline   Reply With Quote