MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2010, 09:03 PM   #41
Badzx14r
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: lagrange tx
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,746


Bike(s):
2many2list









User is banned

.
Badzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
rider down - 45 South Deadfred General Discussion (Moto Related) 72 01-15-2014 06:20 AM
Fallen Rider on 45 South Deadfred General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 03-30-2011 06:52 PM
Rider in need of a tow!!! (610 and 45 south) Solracer General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 07-26-2010 12:22 AM
Rider down 45 south of sawdust on the feeder HoustonRepsol General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 04-11-2010 10:04 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-05-2010, 09:11 PM   #42
02gixxer750
Senior Member
 
02gixxer750's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spring, Texas
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 279

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
GSXR 750 *sold
Honda cbr 1000rr





you do realize America is like salad bowl not a melting pot? America was created with diversity and the fact is that americans are not just "white" anymore. people can be american and still hold on to there heritage. Yes we do live in America, and i do consider myself american, but i am not going to forget my roots. if you wanna get specific i'm mexican american. im not just american and im not just mexican. this country is a diverse country. so how do you expect everyone to drop their heritage? it makes no sense, when that is what America thrives and feeds off of? America=multiculturalism. i would never want to live in mexico, i love it here, but i continue to hold on to my mexican roots. sorry if that is not okay with you.

Last edited by 02gixxer750; 04-05-2010 at 09:12 PM. Reason: idk
02gixxer750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:13 PM   #43
02gixxer750
Senior Member
 
02gixxer750's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spring, Texas
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 279

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
GSXR 750 *sold
Honda cbr 1000rr





oh and you are absolutely right your .02 cents wasn't much.
02gixxer750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:33 PM   #44
DrAwkwArD
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,231

Trackdays: 9











User is banned

.
DrAwkwArD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:34 PM   #45
Jredford
Rotsevnieht
 
Jredford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,037

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
FZ1
R1200RT
CRF450X Tard
R6 Friggin Rocket Ship
CRMA Lic #622






What a riduluous, stupid thread...that's my .02
__________________


"Racing is life... everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in 'Le Mans'
Jredford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:38 PM   #46
02gixxer750
Senior Member
 
02gixxer750's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spring, Texas
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 279

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
GSXR 750 *sold
Honda cbr 1000rr





Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAwkwArD View Post
Were you born in Mexico? If not, you're NOT Mexican-American. You're American, with a Mexican heritage. Unless you have dual-citizenship, you are NOT Mexican-American. Sorry.
sadly you are mistaken my friend. i'm Mexican American, bc that is part of my heritage. i don't have to be born in mexico to call myself Mexican American. Mexican American literally means American with a Mexican heritage.

Last edited by 02gixxer750; 04-05-2010 at 09:41 PM.
02gixxer750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:39 PM   #47
02gixxer750
Senior Member
 
02gixxer750's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spring, Texas
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 279

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
GSXR 750 *sold
Honda cbr 1000rr





Quote:
Originally Posted by Jredford View Post
What a riduluous, stupid thread...that's my .02
GTFO then. why even bother posting in it if it's so "riduluous" (im guessing you're attempting to spell ridiculous) haha
02gixxer750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:40 PM   #48
Badzx14r
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: lagrange tx
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,746


Bike(s):
2many2list









User is banned

.
Badzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:43 PM   #49
jop001
Member
 
jop001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 68


Bike(s):
08 Ninja 250R




Member Garage





lmao... Hey 02gixxer what part of town u from???
jop001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:45 PM   #50
02gixxer750
Senior Member
 
02gixxer750's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spring, Texas
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 279

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
GSXR 750 *sold
Honda cbr 1000rr





i'm from the northside. Spring to be exact. What about you?
02gixxer750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:50 PM   #51
jop001
Member
 
jop001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 68


Bike(s):
08 Ninja 250R




Member Garage





I'm from SE by 45 and da beltway but I stay in Huntsville right now cause I go to school here... When I get another bike I'll swing by spring and maybe you can show me some good back roads... Lol
jop001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:56 PM   #52
jop001
Member
 
jop001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 68


Bike(s):
08 Ninja 250R




Member Garage





Sorry bout the threadjack... But yeah traffic in the south is pretty bad pertaining to bikes... They don't really care even though there is alot of bikes around....
jop001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:58 PM   #53
02gixxer750
Senior Member
 
02gixxer750's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spring, Texas
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 279

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
GSXR 750 *sold
Honda cbr 1000rr





oh okay i have a bunch of friends up in huntsville. yeah dude for sure let me know when your heading this way!
02gixxer750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:59 PM   #54
Squoddybody
This is me.
 
Squoddybody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hillbilly
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 22,185

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650






Don't for any reason assume that I'm racist or prejudiced against any race, religion, or sexuality, because you don't know me.

Now- saying that it was probably an illegal immigrant is not racist; it's statistical.

Just last month a 13-yr-old boy who was my daughter's friend was struck by a truck while he walked home from a sleepover. The driver of the truck just happened to be here illegally and was drunk and went home after he struck the boy (luckily, somebody followed him), and there was major damage to his truck. He had a 'reason' for not wanting to get caught. The boy died.

I'll never say it was probably an illegal 'Mexican' who hit the OP, but it was somebody driving who had a reason they didn't want to get caught.

I'm really sorry this happened, and it sucks bad that there are people out there who would run. Whoever it was has something to hide- even more so now.
__________________
THIS is me on my motorcycle. Any Questions?

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:08 PM   #55
gsxr_firerider
you lite em, we fight em
 
gsxr_firerider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: conroe
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 412


Bike(s):
07 gsxr 600- sold









I'd just like to apologize for saying the word mexican. I in no way meant to offend anyone, and I am not racist at all. I will edit what i said and say it was probably an uninsured illegal immigrant if it makes you feel better. As the poster stated above about watching a little boy die, I too have seen a man get mowed down right in front of me by an illegal who kept driving. I have been hit twice and ran on twice by two uninsured illegals. Absolutely nothing was done to the two seperate drivers and I was left to pay the damage. Im sorry for being bitter towards a system who leaves hard workers who earn their way in the gutter and does nothing towards those who dont contribute anything. Like I said Im sorry for using a derogatory term.
gsxr_firerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:12 PM   #56
02gixxer750
Senior Member
 
02gixxer750's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spring, Texas
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 279

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
GSXR 750 *sold
Honda cbr 1000rr





Quote:
Originally Posted by Squoddybody View Post
Now- saying that it was probably an illegal immigrant is not racist; it's statistical.



I'll never say it was probably an illegal 'Mexican' who hit the OP, but it was somebody driving who had a reason they didn't want to get caught.

eh it actually is racist, he specifically singled out mexican illegal immigrants, so that does make it racist. if he would have possibly just said illegal immigrants. (period) then you're right no it wouldnt have been.

second, there is always gonna be people involved in hit and runs. some bc they are scared to get caught just for that simple reason, others bc they have something to hide. (being illegal, drunk, on drugs, or all three etc) if you wanna tell stories about specific instances, then go ahead. i know plenty
of instances where American Citizens were involved. so whats your point? bc one did it that means that all of them will do it? i dont understand what point you're trying to ask. Rather than assume things, i will ask you.
02gixxer750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:16 PM   #57
02gixxer750
Senior Member
 
02gixxer750's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spring, Texas
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 279

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
GSXR 750 *sold
Honda cbr 1000rr





Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr_firerider View Post
I'd just like to apologize for saying the word mexican. I in no way meant to offend anyone, and I am not racist at all. I will edit what i said and say it was probably an uninsured illegal immigrant if it makes you feel better. As the poster stated above about watching a little boy die, I too have seen a man get mowed down right in front of me by an illegal who kept driving. I have been hit twice and ran on twice by two uninsured illegals. Absolutely nothing was done to the two seperate drivers and I was left to pay the damage. Im sorry for being bitter towards a system who leaves hard workers who earn their way in the gutter and does nothing towards those who dont contribute anything. Like I said Im sorry for using a derogatory term.
apology accepted, BUT do your research and learn about the facts before you assume things based on bad luck, and feel remorse against a certain mass of people for the actions of a few. ignorance is not bliss
02gixxer750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:17 PM   #58
Squoddybody
This is me.
 
Squoddybody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hillbilly
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 22,185

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650






Quote:
Originally Posted by 02gixxer750 View Post
eh it actually is racist, he specifically singled out mexican illegal immigrants, so that does make it racist. if he would have possibly just said illegal immigrants. (period) then you're right no it wouldnt have been.

second, there is always gonna be people involved in hit and runs. some bc they are scared to get caught just for that simple reason, others bc they have something to hide. (being illegal, drunk, on drugs, or all three etc) if you wanna tell stories about specific instances, then go ahead. i know plenty
of instances where American Citizens were involved. so whats your point? bc one did it that means that all of them will do it? i dont understand what point you're trying to ask. Rather than assume things, i will ask you.
So that guy was racist. Mexican isn't derogatory- it's a heritage/country/ethnicity. SOME ppl make it that way. I know what he said - I can read. He probably is a bit prejudiced against hispanics. I know a white man (American) who would run just as sure as he breathes because he's a crack head.

My point was that that sometimes, even illegal immigrants from Mexico run. Sometimes caucasians from America run. Sometimes for being drunk, high, ridin' dirty... whatever- criminal knows no race.
__________________
THIS is me on my motorcycle. Any Questions?

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:22 PM   #59
02gixxer750
Senior Member
 
02gixxer750's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spring, Texas
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 279

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
GSXR 750 *sold
Honda cbr 1000rr





Quote:
Originally Posted by Squoddybody View Post

My point was that that sometimes, even illegal immigrants from Mexico run. Sometimes caucasians from America run. Sometimes for being drunk, high, ridin' dirty... whatever- criminal knows no race.
yes thats true. i agree with you. where he went wrong was assuming that the criminal had to be an illegal mexican immigrant. simple as that.
02gixxer750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:27 PM   #60
zombiejesus
braaaaiiiiinssss
 
zombiejesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: sw
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,721

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐









What would help to avoid this in the future would be to make a hit and run a felony, regardless if there is a serious injury or not, make driving without insurance a mandatory 6 months license suspension plus mandatory jail time, make driving without a license a hefty fine and mandatory jail time. Any people here on a Visa would be automatically deported if caught without insurance. If you come to this country and can't follow our laws, then GTFO you sorry piece of . There's nothing I hate more than thieves, people who drive without insurance, and illegal *****s.
__________________
zombiejesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:44 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy