Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2010, 09:48 PM   #1
GrayJ
Do a barrel roll!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2004 SV650
1998 Shadow 1100
2005 CRF450R tard
2007 CRF50
Yamaha PW 50

Insurance repairs

So to start it all off with why insurance is involved, here's some copy+paste off of another board

3-6-10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayJ View Post
So someone came into our store a little bit ago and says "Who's driving that brown truck outside?" Someone across the store says "That's mine." Then the first guy asked, "Who rides the blue bike??" At this point I'm just waiting for the inevitable. Sure enough the guy says that the truck started rolling in the parking lot, came back and completely hit the bike and is still over it right now. FML...

:icon_bs:

The guy then proceeded to tell me that he was a mechanic, which his friend was quick to back up, and offered to repair the bike at no charge or he could give me his insurance info and go from there.. So naturally I got his insurance info and guess I'll get to talk to insurance people. It is just cosmetic, the side of the exhaust can got some decent concrete rash, one mirror clean broken off, one ruined turn signal and a little bit of general rash. I'll look more closely in the daylight, but either way I see a yoshimura and flush mounts on the horizon ..

3-17-10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayJ View Post
So they can't get ahold of him with the number on file or with the cell phone number that he gave me, go figure lol. It has now been forwarded to an "investigative adjuster", we'll see I guess

:001_9898:
By this time it's been over a week and geico keeps telling me that they can't reach the policy holder, and can't move forward with the claim until they do. Right about now I'm thinking I'm screwed and thinking about going back and finding the people there for written statements or to scratch it up to a loss and pay for the repairs myself..

They end up getting in touch with him last Friday and I was assigned an adjuster pretty quick. Only thing is the adjuster wouldn't be there until either Tuesday or Thursday. So I drop it off Tuesday morning, and don't here anything all week. So I called the shop yesterday and they told me the adjuster had been there and done his estimate. They also said that the adjuster was really close to totalling it

So I get home and check my emails last night and sure enough geico had issued me a check, sweeeet. So I'm thinking $1,000ish, maaaybe, to my surprise they had sent me $2000! I had this thing listed for $3000 before it got hit lol. So I started shopping as soon as I saw the $$ last night. Then this morning at about 9:30 I'm at the shop with my list of goodies that I want haha.

So here is what all is on the way ..

Pazzo Shorty levers
Galfer Stainless steel lines
EBC HH pads
R6 throttle tube, to do the 1/4 turn mod on the SV
New chain (backordered) ~5 day wait
New sprocket (backordered) ~5 day wait

and my favorites

A full Yoshimura system w/ carbon can and high exit
A power commander to do some tuning

I also just got on Ebay and ordered some mirrors with integrated signals, like the gsxr's come with. Now I'm getting the stuff for the relay for the led's on them

I can't wait to see all the goodies come rolling in! The only thing the shop will probably end up putting on is the SS lines and pads just cause I'm lazy and don't feel like bleeding the lines and making sure to keep air out, I'll let them take care of it. Everything else will be done at the house

GrayJ is offline   Reply With Quote