MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's.....
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2010, 09:58 PM   #1
Tontito
MSRH made me it's ..

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 600RR (Sold)
'00 Honda CR250R
'05 Honda CRF150F
'05 Suzuki JR50
'01 Yamaha Warrior Quad

MX Park Gear Requirements?

Me and my brother wanted to take my new toys out tomorrow, but we don't have full gear yet. Do the parks in the area require full gear? (i.e. Boots, pants, chest protector?) We both have helmets, but that's about it really. We are still new and don't plan on going crazy...just looking for a place to learn the bikes really.

Does anybody know if SWMX or Ultimate MX require full gear? I saw a picture in the gallery of Ultimate MX where it said "Helmet must be worn at all times on the track", but just thought maybe somebody on here would know for sure.
Tontito is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gear requirements for the track Adamrides Taking it to the Track 33 10-06-2015 10:47 AM
Needville MX park Sunday 3/28 Ek Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 0 03-28-2015 04:45 PM
Lamarque MX park Jackson33 Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 11 04-10-2014 03:18 PM
Southwest MX park needvile? triumphant675r Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 15 10-14-2011 02:28 PM
Houston Raceway Park requirements??? R1warrior General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 07-09-2008 07:05 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2010, 01:34 PM   #2
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
I don't know about those places in particular, BUT I have been to a few and most just require helmets. I highly suggest investing in some boots and cheap knee guards and also a chest protector. With that said, I think you can ride in jeans and a tshirt at some places, but folks might make fun of ya. lol
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:45 PM   #3
jhendrix

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
'02 Shadow 750

Most I've been to required helmet+boots+pants. I think some require goggles too.

I would never ride an MX track without boots.
jhendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:15 PM   #4
ileono918
On hiatus

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

What size are you? I have two sets of Fox180. Pants are 36 waist and one Jersey (Red) is L; the other (Black) is XL. I have gloves too size 8 or 9, not sure. I can give you a good deal on those.
I also have a used orange rooster.

PM me if interested.
ileono918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:38 PM   #5
Tontito
MSRH made me it's ..

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 600RR (Sold)
'00 Honda CR250R
'05 Honda CRF150F
'05 Suzuki JR50
'01 Yamaha Warrior Quad

Thanks fella's! We ended up just going to a spot over by the freeway that my dad used to take us as kids. It's got a good amount of room to ride and not technical in any way, so it was nice trying the bikes out.

I bought a pair of boots, but they won't be in till next week. I also have a helmet, goggles, gloves and a jersey. I really just need pants and a chest protector and I'll be all set. My brother was the one I was worried about, since he has no gear at all. I had an extra helmet and gloves he could use, but that's about it.

Irak - thanks for the offer, but I tried on a friends pair of Fox pants, size 36, and they were too small. I'm guessing I need a 38 or 40 pants, and probably an XL or XXL chest protector (I'm a little on the hefty side).
Tontito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 06:59 PM   #6
jrob
cheers

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
KTM 450 XC-F
DRZ 400 Kick/Motard Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhendrix View Post

I would never ride an MX track without boots.
+1

Once you put them on and ride youll see. I cant ride without them.

Advertisement