Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2010, 09:44 PM   #1
They call me V or Franco
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 1

2009 GSX-R 750 (Blk/Matte Blk)

Member Garage

What it feels like when both tires are sliding...

FREAKING AWESOME!!! Scary as , but awesome.

And no, I wasn't doing some crazy sliding like Casey Stoner or something on a track. It was just some gravel but it was intense.

I just got done playing around Racer's Road. It was my first time there and I got a little lost. Anyway I'm on the feeder of I10 and the road is nothing but fine gravel. I had no idea how thick it was until I was in the middle of it. I got a little nervous. Then I just kinda moved the bike left and right to see what kind of traction I had. It was shaky at best but I figured it was good enough to go straight. I'm going about 65 and I see a turn coming up. Nothing terribly sharp, just a normal curve you would see on a feeder road. I wanted to hit the turn at about 35 considering the gravel. The gravel had a different idea. I start turning and the whole bike feels like it's on a conveyer belt going to the outside of the corner. It was a really cool feeling but scary as because I have never laid down my bike and didn't want to. I didn't make any sudden movements, kept the throttle pretty steady as I let off. The turn was to the right and I was countersteering left which kept the bike at just the right angle to keep sliding to a stop. It was fun.

Here's the location

Cliff notes
Hit a load of gravel
Remembered not to panic
Bike still doesn't have a scratch on it
Versatile337 is offline   Reply With Quote