Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2010, 10:17 AM   #21
Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

1981 XR80

!! that solves the mystery
TomballD is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bang with Friends Senator Off Topic 32 05-09-2013 11:23 AM
American capitalism gone with a whimper Intermission Off Topic 3 06-13-2009 02:43 AM
Bang Bus BoostJunkie Off Topic 61 07-11-2006 12:46 PM
BANG BANG BANG! dotcom Off Topic 9 11-11-2005 09:29 AM
Old 04-05-2010, 10:31 AM   #22
Racer, Rider, Shooter
Location: 500 yards away...and watching you in the crosshairs...
Feedback Rating: (6)

BMW Boxer Cup
Some Yamaha TTR 125Ls
Lackierwarenfabrik Mg42
Valmet M76

Originally Posted by Timme' View Post
Wow you are so lucky that that piston held and the rod didn't start slapping the piston walls! Been there, done that and it sucks to replace the block!!!

You are also super lucky that the valve didn't fall completely down, that is usually a very scary couple of seconds before the motor locks up: Kaboomoffuzkohshatfuzkohshatmypants

Lucky lucky lucky!

Was watching WSBK this weekend and missing you fools out on the track :-( Glad to see the fun never ends!
I was due a break. I've trashed many motors before, so I was pleased to see this one hold on.

It's easy to see that this piston had been broken for a while. Again, props to bad- Austrian/German engineering. While I have nothing against Pro-X or Wiseco for the most part, I've fished broken pistons from those guys out of my engine on more than one occasion. That said, it's a race bike, and all bets are off.
Racer997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:52 AM   #23
Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 10+ years

1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quick thinking and quality parts looks like it saved you from total destruction!!! That could have ended up far worse!!! As far as the comment about KTM=Keep Three Mechanics. . .there are a few of us out there that don't mind turning wrenches in exchange for awesome horsepower and performance!!!
I understand the consequences of my actions prior to engaging in those actions. . .there are certain situations in life where the risk is totally worth the reward.
jetcycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:32 AM   #24
Feedback Rating: (0)

08 Triumph Daytona 675

Originally Posted by Racer997 View Post
That said, it's a race bike, and all bets are off.
Exactly! The stress put on these bikes is crazy, it is amazing they last more than 1 or 2 races without needing to be completely rebuilt! To that point the big boys do that anyway....

Glad it all worked out and your not buying a motor :-)
I am so busy doing nothing... that the idea of doing anything - which as you know, always leads to something - cuts into the nothing and then forces me to have to drop everything.
Timme' is offline   Reply With Quote