MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2010, 01:02 PM   #1
gsxrjai
Sink or swim

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'03 GSXR 600 Sold
??? Not Sure ???

SBK *spoiler*

Quote:
Tommy Hayden snagged the first victory of his Superbike career during the concluding race of Sunday’s program at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana. The Yoshimura Suzuki rider shared the podium with Graves Yamaha’s Josh Hayes and Yosh teammate, Blake Young.
“It feels really good and a huge weight off my shoulders to get that out of my way (first win),” said Hayden. “I am feeling really good, especially after yesterday. I had a really disappointing day, and was pretty discouraged last night. The team made some changes, and I made some changes myself. I came out today and felt a lot better. The bike was working really good.”
Aaron Yates, a third-place podium finisher on Saturday, did not participate in the second Superbike affair. The Jordan Suzuki rider was out of commission, having broken his right leg during a nasty get-off in the morning warm-up.
Race 2 opened with Race 1’s victor, Larry Pegram, grabbing the lead ahead of Yamaha’s Hayes. M4 Monster Energy’s John Hopkins battled for third with Hayden, one second back on the leaders. In turn, Young and Daytona doubleheader winner Jake Zemke dueled over fifth 1.5 seconds back.
“Sunday’s race was a different story for me: I didn’t get the jump at the start like I did on Saturday and that made it tough starting from the second row. I just wasn’t able to hook up with the front group, so I had to settle in for fourth. My crew did an awesome job once again and we learned a lot from this weekend so we’ll come back even stronger for Road Atlanta. It’s a bummer Aaron broke his leg - it was a bizarre, unfortunate incident. I hope to see him back out here as soon as possible," said Zemke.
Hayes soon got around the Ducati, with Hayden also challenging Pegram. Young, Hopkins, Holden and Zemke formed a pack two to three seconds off the leader.
Pegram got back to the front, however, and held firm until crashing out on Lap 9. Hayes inherited the lead, with the Yoshimura Suzuki tandem pressed forward to challenge.
Hayes held up front for much of the middle portion of the race, with Hayden and Young in tow. Two thirds into the race, the front three all lapped within a second of each other. Zemke, meanwhile, was all along in fourth, holding a sizable gap over the fifth-place Hopkins.
Hayden jumped into the lead on Lap 18 and held on to the flag, beating Hayes at the line by 0.485. Young taking third with Zemke and Hopkins rounded out the top five, with Pat Clark Motorsports/ Ben Bostrom sixth followed by Canadian Superbike star and current Celtic Racing competitor Brett McCormick. Zemke maintains the points lead at 106, Hayden creeping up to within 11 points thanks to his win. Hayes, Pegram and Young are log-jammed with 67 points, well behind Hayden’s 95.
Yoshimura Suzukis Tommy Hay
Tommy Hayden claimed his first victory of the American SuperBike season, taking the checkers in Fontana's Race 2.
Hayes Hayden Young Fontana
Josh Hayes leads Tommy Hayden and Blake Young in American SuperBike Race 2 at Fontana.
gsxrjai is offline   Reply With Quote