MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2006, 09:51 PM   #1
tschreck
It is what it is..

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
GSXR-750
C1400
YZ-80

Send a message via Yahoo to tschreck
Closed

Closed.

Last edited by tschreck; 06-07-2006 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Out of respect for the racer.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Video: DiSalvo vs Elena Myers maxgs Taking it to the Track 8 03-15-2014 08:04 PM
Larry Myers girl cuzzin Elena Myers?? 0oAndyo0 Taking it to the Track 44 09-23-2008 08:15 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-07-2006, 10:21 PM   #2
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

Feedback Rating: (2)

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Buck Beasley
What ever happened to guilty until proven innocent in this country? Those of you who know Larry, know he is a great guy who would give you the shirt off his back. There is lots more to the story, so let's leave it alone and let him have his day in court. Yes Larry Meyers is my friend, and I know he didn't do what he's accused of. Small minds talk about people, simple minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas...............
Old 06-07-2006, 10:24 PM   #3
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Azooom, has spent the night at my house......lol
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
Old 06-07-2006, 10:26 PM   #4
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Beasley
What ever happened to guilty until proven innocent in this country? Those of you who know Larry, know he is a great guy who would give you the shirt off his back. There is lots more to the story, so let's leave it alone and let him have his day in court. Yes Larry Meyers is my friend, and I know he didn't do what he's accused of. Small minds talk about people, simple minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas...............

+1 I was shocked when I saw his post on the CMRA board. I didn't want to post anything here. He's a very nice guy. Hopefully it all works out.
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
Old 06-07-2006, 10:30 PM   #5
TWISTED METAL
Banned

Bike(s):
CBR 1000 AND GSXR 750 TRACK BIKE

User is banned

Old 06-08-2006, 06:16 AM   #6
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

because some know him, its all gotta be false and trumped up charges.
sure seems like the po-pos have plenty of proof and have done their homework. Like said previously, he will get his day in court and maybe some will see their "hero" is really a thief on the inside of the circle. mebbe not

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
Old 06-08-2006, 06:26 AM   #7
TWISTED METAL
Banned

Bike(s):
CBR 1000 AND GSXR 750 TRACK BIKE

User is banned

Old 06-08-2006, 06:31 AM   #8
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

why'd you delete it? it's not like it's not all over the i-net. the one on CF is still up and w/ more local people then us......
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
Old 06-08-2006, 07:45 AM   #9
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturoC
+1 I was shocked when I saw his post on the CMRA board. I didn't want to post anything here. He's a very nice guy. Hopefully it all works out.
+1, I know Larry, he's helped me out on the track and he's also just sat around and b/s'd with me and my girl, i think the guys really nice. I wouldn't pass judgement on him like that. they guy doesn't seem like the type to do some of these things, but then again, stranger things have happened. I'll support him all the way. I'll welcome him as my freind anytime.
Old 06-08-2006, 09:06 AM   #10
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWISTED METAL
HERO??? SCOOTER STFU U DOUCHE....SOMETIMES U SAY FUNNY STUFF BUT...ONCE IN A WHILE U COME OFF LIKE A F'N TARD...
get all upset with me cause he is a friend of some, that doesnt instantly make him innocent. wouldnt it trip you out if it is found to be a wolf in the sheeps pen so to speak?

and be mad at me all ya want, I aint out there heisting and choppin bikes.
hopefully for him and all his admirers, it will prove to be false

edit, cause I wanted to insert that I'm laughin' at your response.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]

Last edited by ScooterTrash; 06-08-2006 at 09:13 AM.
Old 06-08-2006, 09:19 AM   #11
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

I'll post something positive for ya:

My name is Larry Myers, I am a first year expert racer with the CMRA.

Friday June 2nd 2006 I was arrested at my workplace by Austin Police Department. This has come to me as a complete shock and as my life settles down after spending the weekend in the Travis County Jail, I have realized that there are many people who want to hear from me and want to know what happened.

Some of you know me and some of you don't, but I would like to take the time to talk to each and every one of you.. As I have raced with you guys I have come to know many of you personally and many of you professionally, I wish that my introduction could be more agreeable. It's simply not possible at this point for that to be the case.

At the risk of incriminating myself, I feel far more anger towards the news report about the incident and the implication that they laid towards the CMRA than I do my own legal problems. Though the legal situation I find myself in will be rectified and I will be exonerated, the likelihood of ever being able to completely seperate the incident from the club that I have come to care about so much- is very slim. For this, I want to offer my most heartfelt apology. The shame that this situation brings to the club is significant. I cant afford to fight against the news report and the implications of the report, I can assure you- each and every one of you- that I will do everything within my power to uphold the character of the CMRA. I am truly, deeply sorry.

As a personal statement, I ask that before you judge me you remember that I am an American Citizen accused of very serious crimes. I will not get up on a pedestal and scream my innocence, nor will I ask any specific favors or any more of your time than what you have already given to me, to read this far. I will only ask that you please refrain from laying judgment based on the accusation of the crimes. Time, and a jury of my peers will be my judge. I am innocent of these crimes.
I dont wish to have this discussed on the message board so call me if you have serious questions or concerns. 512.297.5212 And I will try and answer your questions the best I can. See ya at Cresson!
A big thanks to everyone behind me.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]
Old 06-08-2006, 02:39 PM   #12
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

uh-oh
http://www.kvue.com/sharedcontent/Vi...hp?vidId=69334

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]
Old 06-08-2006, 02:41 PM   #13
TxVrod

Caught with a stolen motor in his truck? I don't wanna pass judgement but how the is he gonna 'splain that?
Old 06-08-2006, 03:31 PM   #14
speedismo
OCD for speed

I dont even know this guy, but this is the link to his post on the CMRA boards.

http://www.frenzy.com/UBB/cgi-bin/ul...c;f=1;t=006884

Now you can see for yourself the response he has got from CMRA folks, most of whom I am sure would be well respected people. I dont know him, but if people who know him have this to say about him, then the least I would do is refrain from passing judgement. Innocent till proven guilty. Its a personal choice though, and if somebody wants to pass a judgement, ur wish!

Travelomy:Simplify your travel.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:36 PM   #15
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedismo
I dont even know this guy, but this is the link to his post on the CMRA boards.

http://www.frenzy.com/UBB/cgi-bin/ul...c;f=1;t=006884

Now you can see for yourself the response he has got from CMRA folks, most of whom I am sure would be well respected people. I dont know him, but if people who know him have this to say about him, then the least I would do is refrain from passing judgement. Innocent till proven guilty. Its a personal choice though, and if somebody wants to pass a judgement, ur wish!
well said.
He has been caught with his hand in the proverbial cookie jar. I wish him luck and hope he can explain to appease those who care

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]
Old 06-08-2006, 04:03 PM   #16
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Larry was my instructor at the track so that is about as much as I know about him. He taught me alot and I appreciate his effort and he was nice to me and my family when we were there.

Personally, I think he is a cool dude.

I also want to say that some cops aren't brightest people in the world heck that is probably why they are cops in the first place. I mean some cops one time accused my wife of starting my garage on fire to burn my bikes up. This is at 1:30 in the morning when we were asleep with my kids in the house. I looked at the cop and said I can't believe my tax dollars are being used to keep a moron like you alive.

Cops just want to find someone guilty. They aren't interested in who really did or if they did it all what they just want is the case closed. So let the jury decide and hopefully they aren't as dumb as some of the cops that work for the city.

Good luck to ya Larry my prayers of support go out to ya.

Last edited by gixxerbill; 06-08-2006 at 04:21 PM.
Old 06-08-2006, 04:05 PM   #17
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill
Larry was my instructor at the track so that is about as much as I know about him. He taught me alot and I appreciate his effort and he was nice to me andy my family when we were there.

Personally, I think he is a cool dude.

I also want to say that some cops aren't brightest people in the world heck that is probably why they are cops in the first place. I mean some cops one time accused my wife of starting my garage on fire to burn my bikes up. This is at 1:30 in the morning when we were asleep with my kids in the house. I looked at the cops and said I can't believe my tax dollars are being used to keep a moron like you alive.

Cops just want to find someone guilty they aren't interested in who really did what they just want the case closed. So let the jury decide and hopefully they aren't as dumb as some of the cops that work for the state.

Good luck to ya Larry my prayers of support go out to ya.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]
Old 06-08-2006, 04:16 PM   #18
MadseasoN

I met Larry at a track day. Cool guy - Good Luck to you.
Old 06-08-2006, 04:33 PM   #19
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

From Yuliya

"May I suggest that we limit the discussion of this topic in public forums until BOD had a chance to form an official position.

From legal and common sense perspective, careless statements in a public forum can cause the organization as much harm as a news publication. Let me just encourage restraint for now, not to cause any regrets down the road for anyone."

Yuliya
Old 06-08-2006, 04:39 PM   #20
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

its a public forum. dont like what you read, turn off the computer and pick up a book.

i met larry at the private track day, seemed like a cool guy so i hope everything gets resolved soon.