MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track > Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2010, 09:52 AM   #1
Gateman

Feedback Rating: (0)

Local Flattrack racing (Finally)

There is a date set for you flattrackers. Found this on HMX.

http://www.houstonmotocross.com/thef...ewthread=38535

Later. TJ.
Gateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Flattrack racing Liverpool speedway 10/19 GOBIGORGOHOME General Discussion (Moto Related) 27 10-21-2013 02:11 PM
FlatTrack racing info wanted jetcycles Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 3 07-06-2011 12:33 PM
FLATTRACK RACING @ HIGHLANDS Sun. Dec 12. jp42 Taking it to the Track 17 12-10-2010 04:55 PM
FLATTRACK RACING at Highlands,TX Nov. 14th jp42 Taking it to the Track 54 11-23-2010 04:24 PM
FLATTRACK RACING TONITE!!! wd40oz Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 4 10-23-2007 09:31 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-22-2010, 10:03 AM   #2
Gateman

Well the URL will not post up on this site.

Here's the date, location, and contact.

Race date: March 28th

Local: Highlands MX Park

TJ.
Gateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:46 AM   #3
wd40oz
FlattrackManiac

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'08 Buell XB12xt 'Uly'
CRF450 Flattracker
'10 HD Super Glide (FXD)
'74 Ironhead bobber

Thanks to Tim for posting that up for us. Yes, it's been over 2 years since Huffman was sold and it's taken this long to find a new home for local Flattrack.

Our first race is this coming Sunday the 28th at high noon! The track is located at Highlands MX park.

We're trying something different and are going to run it similar to Speedway where each rider will get 3 heat races where he will accumulate points. We shuffle the lineups for each round of heats so guys will never have to face the same riders twice. At the end of the heats we add up the points and take the top 12 to the main events. 9-12 go to the C main, 5-8 to the B main and 1-4 to the A.

If you win the C you get to transfer to the B. The winner of the B goes to the A where we will have somewhere close to a $500 purse up for grabs. This should be a wild and totally action packed time.

If you're in the neighborhood, come check it out.

Thanks,
Aaron
wd40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 02:40 PM   #4
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

PUMPED!!! Is "shrimp" still running with you guys? Kid was on a rocket to the top last time I saw him ride. I'll come out and show some flattrack love. I like the heat races as described above, been following FIM Speedway Grand Prix for a while now.

For those who've never seen a flattrack race, it's worth watching!!! Backing it in is mandatory, and rubbing is racing!!!
Old 03-23-2010, 01:13 AM   #5
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
I saw "Shrimp" race in Huffman. Flippin' amazing... .no fear!
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 06:48 PM   #6
wd40oz
FlattrackManiac

Bike(s):
'08 Buell XB12xt 'Uly'
CRF450 Flattracker
'10 HD Super Glide (FXD)
'74 Ironhead bobber

thanks for the love guys! I'm also a huge Speedway fan and we're completely pumped about this format. We shaped the new Highlands track like a paperclip so it requires you to back it in if you want to go fast.

I'm not sure if Cory (Shrimp) is going to make it out but even if he doesn't we have a slew of Heavy-Hitters and local fast guys already confirmed.

The gate fee is only $10 (kids under 12 FREE) and 100% of that goes to the track owners. The more they make the better our chances of keeping this new home. Hope it doesn't discourage anyone from coming out and seeing some badass sideways action!
Old 03-28-2010, 05:54 PM   #7
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Went out there to watch today. It was a good time.

Seemed like the track was a little dusty but the wind kept it away from the spectators. Lots of good racing action and the organizers kept things moving along.
Nobody got hurt (but I'll bet there will be some sore muscles tomorrow).

Hope there will be more of this in the future. Information was a little scarce so keep us posted on upcoming events.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 06:45 PM   #8
cedestech

Feedback Rating: (12)

Trackdays: 10+

Just saw this...

When is the next race? I'd LOVE to go watch some...
cedestech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:26 AM   #9
wd40oz
FlattrackManiac

Bike(s):
'08 Buell XB12xt 'Uly'
CRF450 Flattracker
'10 HD Super Glide (FXD)
'74 Ironhead bobber

Thanks for coming out Bumble! We definitely had a dust control issue but fortunately the wind was blowing it away from the stands. We'll actually be working on that tonight triying some different techniques. Our hope is to get some lighting installed shortly and move this to a Saturday Night event.

For the most part, this was just a test to see if our new format would work for both riders and fans and we think it did and then some. It was non-stop action, one heat after another and you didn't have to worry about what 'class' this was or any of that garbage. It was old-school full-lock sideways action. There were 20 riders vying for those 5 coveted spots in the A-main.

Local fast guy Johnny Johnson took 1st place followed by Road-Racer/2-time Pike's Peak champion Joe Prussiano on a Motard with rain tires!!! 3rd went to Dallas area young gun Jeremy Hamilton. 4th and 5th were Casey Walsh and Rusty Gourley.

I will definitely keep everyone informed well ahead of time for the next one.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:01 AM   #10
TomballD

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80

I'm in next time,flat track is where its at! Now i dont have to wait for the once a year event in Baytown
Old 03-29-2010, 11:09 AM   #11
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

some of the fastest pavement racers of all time started out racing flattrack. . .definately worth checking out!!!

Advertisement