MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2010, 11:23 AM   #61
FJRmgm

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Yamaha FJR 1300
Honda CBR 954RR
Yamaha WR250R

there is no law against someone sitting on your bike.

They should not do it - but there is no law.

Those of you who advocate hitting someone unprovocated because they are sitting on your bike are most likely to get a stunning lesson in something called "simple assault".

And, when the cops are putting the cuffs on you and you complain "but he was sitting on my bike I started and then left unattended" you will get another lesson when the cops ROFLMAO for leaving a started vehicle unattended.

That said, I would walk up to the person and ask them if they are in the habit of sitting in a strangers car when it is running - if they said NO, they I would tell them this is the same thing, now please get off my bike and don't get on it again, started or not.

If they worked for the same company as me I would find out who their supervisor is and complain to them, or at least HR.
FJRmgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-19-2010, 11:44 AM   #62
+Travis+
Our past stops right now

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'95 Speed Triple
'05 ZX-6R

Also, I was going to mention that I have come across a vast number of individuals who both want to do the right thing and don't always think everything through. This guy may have just seen that one of his coworkers walked away from his bike with the key in it (running!), and decided to hang out until you got back to ensure it wasn't going to be stolen. Sitting on the seat to give your heart a little jump was an added bonus to say (to quote Fred G. Sanford) "hey ya big dummy!"
+Travis+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:31 AM   #63
Valkorin

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 F4i
Stolen Big Wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJRmgm View Post

Those of you who advocate hitting someone unprovocated because they are sitting on your bike are most likely to get a stunning lesson in something called "simple assault".
Just a couple of ideas here, simple assault is a class c misdemeanor, so no handcuffs unless you give the nice officer warrant to instanter arrest for the *ticket*

For laws pending, this would require a little more effort than a tuesday morning calls for, but off the top of my head Criminal Trespass may fit with a agreeable district attorney if push came to shove, and unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, or theft were not taken.

All that being said, I'm all for diplomacy. Sweet talk 'em till you can get in a tacticly superior position, or they try to take off. Yeah, I'd be too, but one must consider your top priority keeping your bike. Also keeping it from damage that would be likely, should you try to pearl harbor someone off it.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:01 AM   #64
Jay
Deleted

Experience: 5 years

id say please get off my bike casually, then follow it with , we are gonna throw down if you ever do that again, so whats it gonna be
Old 03-30-2010, 09:54 AM   #65
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Preface - I would never sit one someone else's bike without permission.

There are too many variables here to give one definitive answer.

If I came out and some lonely dude who pbviously respected the bike (example - guy who you could tell really liked the bike, was in no way damaging it, maybe had always wanted one but just couldn't afford it) was sitting on the bike, I'd very politely make it known that he probably shouldn't sit on other people's bikes. politely. then maybe strike up a conversation about bikes. I'm a bike-guy after all.

If I came out and some douche had it up off of the kickstand pretending to rev it, goofing off for his buddies, he's getting some choice words at the very least.

If a dude's actually damaging your bike he better be ready to take some damage himself.

The people comparing their bikes to their wives/girlfriends.....I feel sorry for their girls. A bike's a machine (albeit an expensive one) not your lover (at least I hope)

Oh, and simple assault is not the charge you'd get for punching someone. If you clock someone in the face get ready for cuffs.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:27 AM   #66
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

Ive had this happen to me. When I lived on campus at A&M the bike lived in the motorcycle parking next to the dorms. I KNOW people who sit on it and play around on it, but I almost never caught them in the act. The one time I did, it was just some schmuck guy. He saw me walking up, got off and walked away before I could get there. I didnt let myself get , because like I said, it surely happened all the time.

I did, however, get woken up by an RA one morning telling me that someone had kicked my bike over. I walk out the to parking paddock and see my bike laying on its side and a UPD cop standing over it. My bike was already rashed up, so once I saw it didnt sustain any new damage, I just figured I had to accept it and not get too . The part was that when whoever knocked it over did so, they knocked it into my buddies brand spanking new GSXR1000 and knocked his over, too.

HE was .

Khaki shirt.
less_than_coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 02:57 PM   #67
goose
Goose

Bike(s):
2007 Yamaha R1
2005 yamaha r6 (sold)
2001 Gsxr 750 (gone)

well first of all i think its stupid as to leave your keys in the ignition...period. All these people write about kickin and beatin people up..total BS. Talk is cheap and anyone can fight behind a keyboard. Sure i would be upset but not to the point to become an a-hole like the person on my bike. I would take it as if he liked and admired my ride instead and tell him not to do it again...thats all. If the idiot gets mad...then act like an adult ....if still he insists on acting retarded..then by all means...handle your business...
goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 02:59 PM   #68
goose
Goose

Bike(s):
2007 Yamaha R1
2005 yamaha r6 (sold)
2001 Gsxr 750 (gone)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ormand View Post
This sounds terrible but I often fantasize about kicking a small baby at the airport. It's one of those, "I wonder what the parents will do to me" things. jailbait2
beat your thats what...
goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:13 PM   #69
Reedy07R6

Bike(s):
Red 07R6
honda XR80-sold
Grey / green 07R6 - sold

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudBug View Post
I'd just be happy someone, other than me, thought my bike was cool.

assess the situation... make sure the mf'er never even thinks about getting on it again, and then if he ever sees someone else trying to get on it he'll tell them to gtfo for you...

if he's a about it flare up and act like you're gonna beat his until he appologizes and buys you lunch for a week..

if he back talks and flares up to me i'd find a really big object to hit him with and make sure i knock him out then leave the scene
Reedy07R6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:40 PM   #70
Pyrogenic
Annuit Coeptis Celeritas

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2001 FZ1

Member Garage

I love this board! LOL

"first, be tough, make it a physical altercation, mountain out of a mole hill, potential firing, possible arrest, etc...." that's what REAL MEN do... LOL! I didn't know we had Sons of Anarchy in our own midst!

I'd probably want to know if he thought it was exciting sitting on my motorcycle, and that I was really glad it didn't fall over, or something, since it's really special to me.

After all, it is a thing, and he was probably admiring it, dreaming of how cool it would be to be YOU!

Pyrogenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:23 PM   #71
JP171

Bike(s):
00' GSXR 750
05 636

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJRmgm View Post

And, when the cops are putting the cuffs on you and you complain "but he was sitting on my bike I started and then left unattended" you will get another lesson when the cops ROFLMAO for leaving a started vehicle unattended.

That said, I would walk up to the person and ask them if they are in the habit of sitting in a strangers car when it is running - if they said NO, they I would tell them this is the same thing, now please get off my bike and don't get on it again, started or not.

If they worked for the same company as me I would find out who their supervisor is and complain to them, or at least HR.
actually there is a law that does infact cover someone sitting on your bike same as if they were sitting in your car/truck its called attempted/unauthorized use of a motor vehicle

second read my eariler post the police were called, they asked my why I slapped the out of the guy, I told them, they told him he was lucky I didn't break his up, then told hime that if he was sitting on my bike when they showed up he was going to jail for attempted theft of a motor vehicle

For those looking to give back to Texas and serve those in times of need, Join the Texas State Guard.
Locate a Recruiter http://www.gotxsg.com/join.php
JP171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:08 PM   #72
Davekg
Honda Rider

Bike(s):
08 CBR

I don't know what I would do..... never been there... I know I would never start or leave the key in my bike when I'm not with it though....

Davekg is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement