MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2010, 03:12 PM   #21
Snow
Can I kick it?

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Sick 7-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynxRyder View Post
I was charged with passing in a no-passing zone. I'm all legit with M-class, insurance, registration, and all that mess.
Still wanna know how he caught you if traffic was bad enough to be splitting?

I am not trying to call you out or anything. Like I said, I split just this past weekend on 1960 and the cop did nothing, but I really doubt he could have because traffic was just grid locked.
Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how do you say cool in the summer whilst riding? 650ninja General Discussion (Moto Related) 33 04-29-2014 10:29 AM
Summer Riding Gear Idea MIGHTYDUCKY22 General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 05-13-2013 10:00 AM
Summer Riding Gear - Suggestions (specifically Coat) CDN_bacon Gear Talk 14 03-12-2009 08:00 AM
Advertisement
Old 03-18-2010, 03:20 PM   #22
LynxRyder
n00b

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki ZX-6R (Lynx)
2000 Fiddy (Mini Lynx)

It was at a long light and he was on the other side. He went through the intersection right when I got to the front and busted a U-turn and lit me up.

I've split before in traffic with no issues, but after this little incident I'm just not going to risk it.
LynxRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 03:32 PM   #23
TeleRomeo
Wide Freaking Open!

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 ZX-6R Track
Cr125 Braaap

Dont forget the rear ac unit!!

Houston summer riding
Old 03-18-2010, 04:12 PM   #24
DrAwkwArD
Banned

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 9

User is banned

DrAwkwArD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 07:00 PM   #25
Snow
Can I kick it?

Bike(s):
Sick 7-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAwkwArD View Post
You get those sources for me yet???

It sure is taking a while for him to get back to you... bout 5 years?
Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 11:42 AM   #26
DrAwkwArD
Banned

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 9

User is banned

DrAwkwArD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 11:54 PM   #27
loosenoose
veteran novice

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
07 sv650!

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAwkwArD View Post
Wait a second...

You went to jail for a "Passing in a no passing zone"??? Are you serious? How big of an *sshole was the cop??

Racer X. Agreed about the insurance. Not about the license. You get those sources for me yet???

/threadjack...stay cool man...Houston sucks in the summertime.
from what i have seen, being an to the cop that is just doing his job can turn a simple speeding ticket for example into something like evading arrest/detention and you get tossed into jail.

the moral: you dont have to kiss the cop's , but things will go a lot better for you if you arent a punk.
loosenoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 10:27 AM   #28
alien_sporez

Experience: 10+ years

Quote:
Originally Posted by loosenoose View Post
from what i have seen, being an to the cop that is just doing his job can turn a simple speeding ticket for example into something like evading arrest/detention and you get tossed into jail.

the moral: you dont have to kiss the cop's , but things will go a lot better for you if you arent a punk.
I agree with loosenoose. Even a cop who's being a d**k; be polite, say "yes, sir." and "no, sir." The one absolute in the universe is that you're NEVER going to win an argument with a cop or convince him to change his mind if he's decided on anything, no matter what you do. Cops believe to their core that if they change their decision it means they're weak, and they never want to appear weak. So, as a result, they will never change their mind. The only thing you can do is be polite and compliant in the hope that the cop hasn't made up his mind yet and he will choose to let the infraction (real or imagined) slide.

I speak from experience. I had a situation where I had my dogs in the back of my truck (it has a cap), and I realized about a block from my house on the way to the dog park that I forgot to open the windows (it was July). I pulled over, opened the back window to reach in and slide open the side windows and all my dogs bolted (can't blame them, it must have been 100 inside there with the windows closed). They ran off into the field where I stopped and dove into a pond... and that's when the cop pulled up. He wrote me up for not having my dogs on a leash. I knew, technically, he was right, but in reality... that was a BS ticket. But, I kept my mouth shut, probably said only 2 or 3 words, and that's it. Took the ticket. But then I went down to the court, explained to the DA what happened, and he dismissed the ticket.

The point being; be polite, be compliant, and THEN fight the ticket. On the side of the road the cards are stacked significantly in the cop's favor (he can arrest you if he wants), you'll never win. But, once you get it into court, the field is tilted in your favor (innocent until proven guilty, remember?). You can subpoena his reports, his records, copies of the radar gun calibrations, and even request a copy of the dash cam video. Bide your time...
alien_sporez is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement