MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2010, 08:12 AM   #1
switch
two fifty

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bill of sale and out state title?

ok i've searched my little heart out, but came back with nothing.

a while back someone had posted a pretty good bill of sale document for buying a bike, did anyone happen to save it to their comp. or a link to it? if you do, please post it up here or pm me it.

next

out of state title transfer. its a Louisiana title, how do i get it to be texas title, i.e whats the proper form and wtf do i have to do?

thanks amigos.
CMRA #250
"Me? I stand for uncertainty, insecurity, bad taste, fun, and things that go boom in the night."
switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Out of State Title JGrein05 General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 10-18-2012 08:27 AM
Out of state title to Texas flip326 General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 06-09-2012 07:44 PM
bill of sale vs title snoopy281 How To's and Q & A's 40 12-02-2009 05:37 PM
The state is going to bill you for being a dumbass. Pyrofallout Off Topic 28 04-26-2009 05:01 PM
out of state title? RACER X Off Topic 12 11-15-2006 10:58 AM
Advertisement
Old 03-15-2010, 10:03 AM   #2
switch
two fifty

bueller...bueller
CMRA #250
"Me? I stand for uncertainty, insecurity, bad taste, fun, and things that go boom in the night."
Old 03-15-2010, 10:10 AM   #3
AJFLo

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

You have to get a Texas Inspection before you can transfer to a Texas Title. All which cost money. If its for your track bike. It aint worth it IMO
I知 really happy for you and I知 going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
AJFLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:17 AM   #4
AJFLo

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

When you apply for a Texas Title you would have to register it in your name and pay Texas Taxes on it.
I知 really happy for you and I知 going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
Old 03-15-2010, 11:23 AM   #5
switch
two fifty

well its definitely not gonna get inspected since its a track bike, no street trim. so there is no way to get the bike in my name?
CMRA #250
Old 03-15-2010, 11:30 AM   #6
AJFLo

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by switch View Post
well its definitely not gonna get inspected since its a track bike, no street trim. so there is no way to get the bike in my name?
Anything you put in your name requires you to pay taxes
Old 03-16-2010, 09:53 AM   #7
xl_cheese

If you decide to put it in your name make sure you get a "green sheet" with your inspection. You have to ask for this before they inspect it. You need to bring this to the tax office to have it registered and transferred.
xl_cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:12 AM   #8
craigntx
team ftp

Feedback Rating: (21)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
all sold, wrecked, or stolen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJFLo View Post
Anything you put in your name requires you to pay taxes
i had a truck i sold to a "dealer" friend of mine, who promptly resold it.
i find out the buyer didn't have a valid dl, and also let his gf use it. after repeated attempts to get the thing out of my name, i went to the court house (this was in galvez) i was able to give the name of the new purchaser to the courthouse and the title was put in his name. cost me $40.
(the chick working there told me i'm supposed to turn in all tags, but who's to say they weren't stolen [this is what she told me, exactly]
so the truck is in the guys name, and he didn't have to pay the rest of the note

edit: this may not work on a new vehicle, idk

Last edited by craigntx; 03-16-2010 at 10:16 AM.
craigntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:12 PM   #9
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

I ran across your thread while searching for info on out of state titles, hope this thread helps you with your case though:

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=107725

If not, PM me your questions.
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they don稚 have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:53 PM   #10
albertinhouston

Feedback Rating: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJFLo View Post
You have to get a Texas Inspection before you can transfer to a Texas Title. All which cost money. If its for your track bike. It aint worth it IMO
I believe you have go to DPS to have it inspected. They will run all the numbers...
albertinhouston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:09 PM   #11
eugene

going thru this right now. just bought a truck with LA tags.

went to the county tax office trying to switch the title into my name. they told me i have to pay to get it inspected and pay $1 extra for the green slip. and get the seller to sign the title and sign the application for texas transfer title (forgot the exact title of the form, but it is the form used to switch from out of state to tx). and pay taxes and a few fees. tax is 6.25% of the book value of the vehicle or the price you bought it for (which ever is higher). you can look up the book value and just say you paid book value for it, if you paid more than book value for it.

and that is pretty much it.
eugene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:36 PM   #12
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertinhouston View Post
I believe you have go to DPS to have it inspected. They will run all the numbers...
nope
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they don稚 have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:16 PM   #13
JP171

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
00' GSXR 750
05 636

and there is an exception if your not going to be using it on the road, you don't need a registration, nor do you need an inspection certificate however if you do not get it registered you better not get caught on the street. And you may be able to have DPS do the green sheet just for title transfer, check the new DMV website

For those looking to give back to Texas and serve those in times of need, Join the Texas State Guard.
Locate a Recruiter http://www.gotxsg.com/join.php
JP171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:25 PM   #14
JP171

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
00' GSXR 750
05 636

use this application

http://www.dot.state.tx.us/txdotefor...vletConfig.xml

For those looking to give back to Texas and serve those in times of need, Join the Texas State Guard.
Locate a Recruiter http://www.gotxsg.com/join.php
JP171 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement