Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2010, 10:17 PM   #1
The Trav
slowpoke

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 1

Chris' funeral

We are having a benefit for Chris (faster321) and his family tomorrow (sunday) out at soggy bottoms off road park in bryan, tx starting at 11:30am. its BYOBarbeque, and it should be a blast. its what he would want us to do.

The viewing for Chris will be Tuesday from 5-8pm at hillier funeral home in bryan, tx.

The funeral will be held at the church of nazarine on wednesday at 2pm. (off william j bryan)

Dress code for anyone attending is pretty much whatever, but you absolutely have to have some lime green on you.

Anyone and everyone that can come would be greatly appreciated.
I will not allow myself the weakness to lay aside responsibility of my actions to a higher power and write that weakness off as destiny. Vigilance, intelligence and discipline keep us alive out there.
-kib
Rest In Peace Chris Owens aka faster321, you will be missed...
The Trav is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone planning on riding to Chris Kyle's funeral in Austin today? clayp Events, Meets and Rides 0 02-12-2013 10:53 AM
GANGSTA Funeral.... dbuck Off Topic 34 01-22-2009 09:53 AM
Advertisement
Old 03-13-2010, 10:53 PM   #2
1FC
380 Racing & Paint

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
GSXR
GSXR
GSXR
GSXR

Is there any type of paypal account for people that cant make it ?
1FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:04 PM   #3
The Trav
slowpoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FC View Post
Is there any type of paypal account for people that cant make it ?
umm there is not one yet, but i can talk to his parents and set one up. all proceeds go directly to his family
I will not allow myself the weakness to lay aside responsibility of my actions to a higher power and write that weakness off as destiny. Vigilance, intelligence and discipline keep us alive out there.
-kib
Old 03-14-2010, 11:04 AM   #4
The Trav
slowpoke

Alright guys, if anyone can donate anything at all, 100% of donations will go straight to his family. i set up a paypal account in his name to try and make it easier for people to donate, if they can. All donations will remain anonymous. all i ask is that your minimum donation be $1.00

thank all of you for the support for his family, and his friends. Just keep us all in your prayers.

To donate using paypal, christopherowensbenefit@yahoo.com
-kib
Old 03-14-2010, 11:12 AM   #5
The Trav
slowpoke

wow guys, we already have a donation! keep them coming
-kib
Old 03-16-2010, 12:20 PM   #6
The Trav
slowpoke

well, we had two people donate... ( a whopping 2 dollars) not sure what exactly that says, considering we raised almost 2000 from a bunch of college kids out at soggy this weekend...
-kib
Old 03-16-2010, 01:11 PM   #7
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Trav View Post
well, we had two people donate... ( a whopping 2 dollars) not sure what exactly that says, considering we raised almost 2000 from a bunch of college kids out at soggy this weekend...
Hate to be the here, but are you calling MH out for NOT donating more? That's an excellent way to show appreciation for those who donated!
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:12 PM   #8
SecretAgent
The one and only

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob

Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
Quote:
its not how much raised that matters, its that people donate at all. its one of those classic "its the thought that counts" moments.
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:14 PM   #9
ddgtomahawk
Write my name! \/

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2016 R1
2001 Honda CBR929 RE
2005 Honda CBR600RR
2007 R6S

I did not even notice this thread until now, let me know if you do a raffle or anything I can put some free oil changes or tune up coupons in it.

Come here you little cake eating sieg heil .
ddgtomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:11 PM   #10
The Trav
slowpoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrofallout View Post
Hate to be the here, but are you calling MH out for NOT donating more? That's an excellent way to show appreciation for those who donated!
no, i appreciate those who donated. but my point was that a bunch of poor college kids pulled together and raised quite a bit. the ENTIRE MH community raised $2.00
-kib
Old 03-16-2010, 07:12 PM   #11
The Trav
slowpoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddgtomahawk View Post
I did not even notice this thread until now, let me know if you do a raffle or anything I can put some free oil changes or tune up coupons in it.
and thanks man we are planning on having a fundraiser/auction coming up in the future. ill keep you posted.
-kib
Old 03-16-2010, 09:00 PM   #12
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years

Member Garage

Quote:
no, i appreciate those who donated. but my point was that a bunch of poor college kids pulled together and raised quite a bit. the ENTIRE MH community raised $2.00
i wont take this any further, because im sure your friends passing is a touchy subject to you and others, but your going about this with the wrong attitude.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement