Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2010, 01:23 PM   #1
Moc05
Safety Third

Feedback Rating: (10)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 ZZR600(Sold)
2008 ZX-10R(Stolen)
2014 Honda Grom

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Moc05 Send a message via Yahoo to Moc05
What to do if suspicious?

I was driving home from work last night coming 45 South from the woodlands and I see this beat up truck with a trailer behind it full of bikes with no license plates. He had sport bikes, scooters, cruisers, a good amount of bikes squeezed onto this trailer and the bed of his truck. I look and sure enough the plates are out of state. It could have very well been he was just transporting them for a dealer or something, i dunno. My question is, when I see something like this that looks like someone is moving stolen bikes, what can I do? I tried to take some pictures but only had my phone and they came out looking like .
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Seems suspicious.... cbrmonkey General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 02-12-2014 09:31 AM
Might be a little Suspicious *Stolen Bikes* Nightster Ridester Stolen Bike Reports 12 10-14-2010 01:00 AM
Does this look a little suspicious? T0mMyGun General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 12-17-2008 11:50 AM
Saw a suspicious vehicle at wal-mart Ramius Off Topic 47 11-14-2008 11:06 AM
suspicious cl ad Jae General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 08-12-2008 10:18 AM
Advertisement
Old 03-13-2010, 01:28 PM   #2
JetG

Feedback Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moc05 View Post
I was driving home from work last night coming 45 South from the woodlands and I see this beat up truck with a trailer behind it full of bikes with no license plates. He had sport bikes, scooters, cruisers, a good amount of bikes squeezed onto this trailer and the bed of his truck. I look and sure enough the plates are out of state. It could have very well been he was just transporting them for a dealer or something, i dunno. My question is, when I see something like this that looks like someone is moving stolen bikes, what can I do? I tried to take some pictures but only had my phone and they came out looking like .
Maybe call it in and report it ???
Old 03-13-2010, 01:32 PM   #3
bluewave18
Safety Third

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

What if you saw a trailer with a bunch of cars on it? You you call anyone? Im thinking he was transporting from an auction. Its not uncommon at all for guys to go to auctions and pick up several out of state bikes. Not trying to bust here.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:34 PM   #4
AiJay
AJ... that's the name.

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Huffy 10sp

Send a message via AIM to AiJay Send a message via MSN to AiJay
thinking as a thief here, they are smarter than that. I'll agree with bluewave. It's most likely a legit transaction, but if it ruffles your feathers call 911 and report it. They will send a trooper to investigate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squoddybody View Post
That and piitb.

Last edited by AiJay; 03-13-2010 at 01:36 PM.
Old 03-13-2010, 03:08 PM   #5
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

I say call it in bro. Wouldn't hurt to have it checked out. The next time it could be YOUR stolen bike someone calls in. Better to overreact than to regret in this case.
Old 03-13-2010, 03:18 PM   #6
jus10

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty

Man.... I drive a hot shot rig with a 40' trailer and if I ever got stopped because some ****ing super hero citizen called it in for gay reason like that, I'd be more than . Have you ever seen a truck pulling a trailer specifically made for bikes?? Yeah, me neither. Every one I see is exactly how you described. I bet you sure as wouldn't call about all the cars on trailers you see everyday all day.... do people not steal cars?

Get a life fool...
Old 03-13-2010, 03:26 PM   #7
AiJay
AJ... that's the name.

Bike(s):
Huffy 10sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jus10 View Post
Man.... I drive a hot shot rig with a 40' trailer and if I ever got stopped because some ****ing super hero citizen called it in for gay reason like that, I'd be more than . Have you ever seen a truck pulling a trailer specifically made for bikes?? Yeah, me neither. Every one I see is exactly how you described. I bet you sure as wouldn't call about all the cars on trailers you see everyday all day.... do people not steal cars?

Get a life fool...
who in your cheerios? Yes, I have on many occasions seen a truck pulling a trailer specifically made for bikes. I bet your output on this changes significantly the day your bike gets lifted.
Quote:
That and piitb.
Old 03-13-2010, 03:31 PM   #8
jus10

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aijay View Post
who in your cheerios? Yes, I have on many occasions seen a truck pulling a trailer specifically made for bikes. I bet your output on this changes significantly the day your bike gets lifted.
Time is money in the hotshot game, dude. So being stopped because some guy thinks out of state tags on a bunch of bikes in a truck is suspicious, is ridiculous. There are these things called auctions that many bike shops and individuals purchase bikes from... they've got to get back home somehow.

And my bike being stolen will never change my view on that... quit thinking like the gestapo.
Old 03-13-2010, 03:34 PM   #9
AiJay
AJ... that's the name.

Bike(s):
Huffy 10sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jus10 View Post
Time is money in the hotshot game, dude. So being stopped because some guy thinks out of state tags on a bunch of bikes in a truck is suspicious, is ridiculous. There are these things called auctions that many bike shops and individuals purchase bikes from... they've got to get back home somehow.

And my bike being stolen will never change my view on that... quit thinking like the gestapo.
I love one tract minded people. Just have to sit back and laugh.
Quote:
That and piitb.
Old 03-13-2010, 03:43 PM   #10
AJFLo

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

Quote:
I love one tract minded people. Just have to sit back and laugh.
Would you like it if your neighbor called the cops on you because they thought you were running a prostitute ring since you were bringing a different girl home every night??? Because she was suspiscious?
I知 really happy for you and I知 going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
Old 03-13-2010, 03:49 PM   #11
AiJay
AJ... that's the name.

Bike(s):
Huffy 10sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJFLo View Post
Would you like it if your neighbor called the cops on you because they thought you were running a prostitute ring since you were bringing a different girl home every night??? Because she was suspiscious?
how could I be running a prostitute ring if I was bringing the girls home? And in all honestly, yes I'd gladly accept a patrolman knocking on my door for suspicious activity. Ever heard of neighborhood watch?
Quote:
That and piitb.
Old 03-13-2010, 03:50 PM   #12
AJFLo

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

Quote:
how could I be running a prostitute ring if I was bringing the girls home? And in all honestly, yes I'd gladly accept a patrolman knocking on my door for suspicious activity. Ever heard of neighborhood watch?
I think America is getting too paranoid.
I知 really happy for you and I知 going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
Old 03-13-2010, 03:55 PM   #13
AiJay
AJ... that's the name.

Bike(s):
Huffy 10sp

Quote:
I guess you haven't visted the "stolen bikes" forum lately.
Quote:
That and piitb.
Old 03-13-2010, 03:56 PM   #14
Taiwanese
[R]ick[R]oll

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4-8 months

Quote:
I defiitely agree...my friend is paranoid about every freaking thing....he can't even walk out the door without being paranoid about something. He'll also drive speed limit...and always worries about the cop will just pull him over...
Old 03-13-2010, 03:56 PM   #15
AFS_Racing
Boost King

Trackdays: 3

THe large NPA was heldon Friday in Dallas. I feel certain that the bikes were coming from NPA. I bid on five (5) wrecks, and did not even get one (1).
Old 03-13-2010, 03:58 PM   #16
AiJay
AJ... that's the name.

Bike(s):
Huffy 10sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiwanese View Post
I defiitely agree...my friend is paranoid about every freaking thing....he can't even walk out the door without being paranoid about something. He'll also drive speed limit...and always worries about the cop will just pull him over...
paranoid is too broad of a term to use here. People are getting there bikes/cars stolen left and right. If I saw a trailer full of bikes and had a shadow of a doubt they might be stolen, i'd want a little confirmation they weren't.

sorry that I have friends that have had there bikes stolen.
Quote:
That and piitb.
Old 03-13-2010, 04:01 PM   #17
AJFLo

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

Quote:
paranoid is too broad of a term to use here. People are getting there bikes/cars stolen left and right. If I saw a trailer full of bikes and had a shadow of a doubt they might be stolen, i'd want a little confirmation they weren't.

So you're going to harass me about my trailer full of track bikes just because you had a friend have their bike stolen?

Where the fck is your probable cause?
Old 03-13-2010, 04:05 PM   #18
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

There is a trailer in front of my house right now. They are NOT stolen. If anyone drives by and sees them please dont feel the need to call the cops. Its not a moto specific trailer.
Old 03-13-2010, 04:05 PM   #19
AJFLo

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
There is a trailer in front of my house right now. They are NOT stolen. If anyone drives by and sees them please dont feel the need to call the cops. Its not a moto specific trailer.
Old 03-13-2010, 04:06 PM   #20
Snow
Can I kick it?

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Sick 7-5

Quote:

Don't wanna get into an argument with you... because I mostly agree with you, but bikes are not being taken "left and right." They are getting stolen frequently, but no more frequently than you'd expect for a large city like Houston.

To start calling in every single trailer... c'mon lol....

Just yesterday on my way back north to Huntsville, I saw a trailer JUST like the one you are talking about. Was this yesterday by any chance?

It was some rickety old POS trailer with no real decent tie downs. I honestly think the bikes were holding each other up.

I still didn't feel the need to involve cops.

If you see some one LOADING a bike into a van, then you call the cops.
Closed Thread

Advertisement