MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2010, 01:07 PM   #1
kyu612

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
06 zx10r
07 1000rr

Got hit by a car last night.. Not a pleasant experience

Last night my buddy decided to pull the trigger on a 08 ninja 250. The only experience he has is from msf so I offered to ride the bike home for him after the sale. We'll we go to check out the bike, its clean as a whistle never dropped or down.

After we finish the transaction, we're headed home on i35 north here in Austin. Got stuck in a bit of traffic and my spider senses told me it was a bad night to ride after 2 cars decided to share a lane with me . Atleast one of the ladies who did was nice enough to roll down the window and apologize for nearly 5 minutes straight while we sat in traffic. Something about her husband riding or something (Had earplugs on so I didnt get much of what she was saying).

We're almost to his house when I was in the middle of a left turn when the dumbass (impala, chrome rims, loud music blasting) next to me decided to go straight on his left only lane. He hit the rear end causing me to low slide. To my luck, it just happened to be a downhill turn so the bike and I slid down a good distance before coming to a stop.

I didnt bother checking up on the bike but got up and ran to the curb in case of traffic behind me. Luckily I was safe but the ****er decided to run off. My buddy got out the car to check up on me (didnt chase the guy down since he was worried about my safety).

THANK FOR GEAR I was wearing a helmet, jr leather jacket, teknic kevlar lined jeans, gloves, kneepads and my a* boots and Im glad to say I walked off without a scratch. Im sure my would've been grinded down meat if it hadn't been for the kevlar lined bottoms I had on

The bike on the other hand isn't looking as sexy though. I felt so bad for my buddy (who is now scared shitless of riding after seeing me wreck). Of course I plan on paying for the damages (sucks that I couldnt get that ****ers insurance though). The left hand side of the bike is rashed up and cracked from the nose to tail. I was able to ride it back to his house without any problems. Hes now having a bit of buyers remorse, and might end up selling it to me which Im cool with since I wanted a nice 250 track bike

Ill try to get pics of the damage when I can. All in all, im just glad i didn't end up with 20k in hospital bills. Sucks that I have to pay out of pocket for it but after I drowned myself with beer last night, Im not feeling as off about it anymore

With riding season coming up, hope you guys ride safe out there and wear your gear.

Cliffs:
-friend buys bike, i ride it home for him
-gangster crashes into me and runs
-gear saves my nice cheeks from pavement
-250 track bike?!?
kyu612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Got hit by a cager last night honorsdaddy General Discussion (Moto Related) 187 04-06-2016 07:34 PM
Experience with NXCESS car lot? BYRDMAN Car Forum 24 11-25-2013 11:40 AM
Whats your experience pulling a bike/trailer with a car maskale General Discussion (Moto Related) 34 07-18-2008 10:32 AM
i got hit last night jph1486 General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 04-22-2007 08:01 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-13-2010, 01:12 PM   #2
bluewave18
Safety Third

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Glad it turned out so well for ya.
bluewave18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 01:17 PM   #3
JetG

Man that sucks, so no one pulled over besides him ?? well doesnt suprise me, as most people just keep going on with there own lifes and dont get involved. Seen this happen to many time, but there day will come when they need help and no one helps them. Sorry about the accident, but thank your okay

J
JetG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 01:20 PM   #4
PimpDaub
I'm Rat 'Tarded

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
1973 Honda Cb750 Four -Cafe in progress
2005 CRF50 STUNT - MONSTER ENERGY
2001 Suzuki DRZ400E/SM (SOLD) :-(
Don't worry, scrot. There are plenty of 'tards out there living really kick- lives.
My first bike was a 'Tard. She's a Pilot now."

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyu612 View Post
We're almost to his house when I was in the middle of a left turn when the dumbass (impala, chrome rims, loud music blasting) next to me decided to go straight on his left only lane. He hit the rear end causing me to low slide.

Cliffs:
-gangster crashes into me and runs
Watchout... landon05 is gonna come in here wondering what about this particular individual makes him a gangster???

He nailed the take-off, but when he landed, something terrible happened. His front tire exploded like a cannonball, and his handle bars went straight through his head. Blood was everywhere. His teeth were ground down to a powder, and the front of his face exploded out the back of his skull. He died instantly... the next day.
PimpDaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 01:28 PM   #5
cj_sandman
custom user title!!

Bike(s):
'03 CBR 600 F4i
'99 FXST

According to Lil Wayne, he's a gangster because he does whatever the f**k he wants.
cj_sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 01:56 PM   #6
Corrosive
Speed Limit Corner Taker

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
03 Buell XB9s & 03 VL-800
2004 Triumph Daytona 600 & 07 Daytona 675- Sold
1992 Honda VFR750 - Sold
2001 Kawasaki ZR-7 - Traded
2001 SV650S - Sold

Send a message via AIM to Corrosive
Its always good to hear that gear did its job. Glad you came out well and can tell the story; hopefully by doing so you will inspire more people to stay geared.
Corrosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 02:28 PM   #7
jdm_phunk
RideTillDeathDoUsPart

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
05 CBR 600RR
50cC pocKet rocKet
95 Toyota Supra TT
95 ciVic

dude that sucks. similar situation happen to me b4. only difference i really wasnt thinkin about my bike ran after the guy untill he got stuck in traffic at a red light. Came up to his window politely asked for his info in which he was amazed & speechless to see that I ran almost a 1/4 mile after him. all in all he gave up and gave me all his info.. lets just say his insurance co. was not happy.

This IS the biKe racK. . . RighT??
jdm_phunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 02:31 PM   #8
bjaz54

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2008 cbr1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyu612 View Post
(impala, chrome rims, loud music blasting)
Quote:
(sucks that I couldnt get that ****ers insurance though
These two quotes quite often don't go hand in hand....

Glad to hear you're ok though.
bjaz54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 03:46 PM   #9
Taiwanese
[R]ick[R]oll

Experience: 4-8 months

glad your ok man, too bad I wasn't there cuz I sure as would of chased that foo down, and beat the chit outta him then just take his wallet and info =D
Taiwanese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 04:43 PM   #10
MACK
I'm voice activated

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda CBR 954RR Fireblade
'03 Yamaha Zuma 50
'03 Hoe owne 24...biach
and your maum'z!!!

Member Garage

you'll see him again...Austin aint that big...be on the lookout in that area
Old 03-13-2010, 05:42 PM   #11
kyu612

Bike(s):
06 zx10r
07 1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
Man that sucks, so no one pulled over besides him ?? well doesnt suprise me, as most people just keep going on with there own lifes and dont get involved. Seen this happen to many time, but there day will come when they need help and no one helps them. Sorry about the accident, but thank your okay

J

I was surprised at how many cars drove by without offering help as well.. atleast 3 or 4 cars drove around me staring

and i appreciate it guys.. ill definitely be on the look out.. im pretty sure my good ol' size melon put a nice dent in his hood as well
Old 03-13-2010, 06:30 PM   #12
Snow
Can I kick it?

Bike(s):
Sick 7-5

Dude.... WTF man!?!?

You are having quite a few bad things happening lately.

LOL @ you Taiwanese... I know you... and I doubt you'd chase em down n kick their .

Just chase em down and get the plates.
Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 09:00 PM   #13
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Duuuude that sucks. Any idea how much the damage is gonna run you?
(I know it just happened but....)

The 4 things your buddy has going for him now is that 1) he started on a 250, 2) has someone to show him the ropes, 3) has seen first hand how quickly things can go bad and 4) usefulness of gear.

A very unfortunate, but helpful start.
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 09:13 PM   #14
xhangyx

Feedback Rating: (18)

Bike(s):
09 repsol
06 r6 *track*
08 cbr1000rr Repsol fairings
07 crf70
02 crf450

make a claim of uninsured motorists...usually just a $250 ded and doesn't raise your rates
xhangyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 10:12 PM   #15
kyu612

Bike(s):
06 zx10r
07 1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post

The 4 things your buddy has going for him now is that 1) he started on a 250, 2) has someone to show him the ropes, 3) has seen first hand how quickly things can go bad and 4) usefulness of gear.

haha thats exactly what I told him after we had a couple of beers.. a first hand example of how quickly things could go bad

and unfortunately, i dont have uninsured motorist coverage.. i dont even have a bike right now period (sold the 10r)

If he decides to keep it, i guess ill be looking at 6-700 or so. I plan to buy him brand spankin' new oem plastics anyhow. He insisted that its all good and it wasnt my fault, saying that he'll probably drop the bike anyways but I plan on covering it for him. Im sure he'd do the same for me.

and snow.. right? bad turn of events lately but hopefully ill be back on two wheels soon enough
Old 03-13-2010, 10:19 PM   #16
bskarpa

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
08 Honda CBR1000RR
99 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post

+1 ..sorry that happend to you bro, but glad your ok, could have been worse.
Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with all things are possible." Matthew 19:26
bskarpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 02:36 AM   #17
Taiwanese
[R]ick[R]oll

Experience: 4-8 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow View Post
Dude.... WTF man!?!?

You are having quite a few bad things happening lately.

LOL @ you Taiwanese... I know you... and I doubt you'd chase em down n kick their .

Just chase em down and get the plates.
psh, id totally beat their ...i prolly wouldnt be thinking of that right away tho =D
Taiwanese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:55 AM   #18
Badzx14r
Banned

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Badzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:56 AM   #19
S_M_J82
Prime Time!!!

2003 kawasaki z1000

Send a message via AIM to S_M_J82
ya man. austin is bad for people running. And the ****ers with those rediculous cars with the overly huge useless rims and stupid loud radios are notorious for causing accidents because they think they can do whatever the want! (my gf works for the dispatching center for the apd and gets a lot of calls describing a car with big rims and loud music as the only description haha).

I've had a couple experiences like that in my truck but i don't move and wait for them to just hit me. but most of the time they realize last minute there's a vehicle there and swerve out of the way! haha
Old 03-14-2010, 12:18 PM   #20
tarracing

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
03 zx6r

glad your ok bud
tarracing is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement