MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2010, 07:14 PM   #1
cedestech
.
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Feedback Rating: (12)
Posts: 8,302

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











Traffic Today...

OMG, WTF, WOW....

The 45 minute drive from my ex's in Jersey village to Alvin took almost 2 hours....

Eff....
cedestech is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cool time lapse of traffic on 610 today stache General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 05-05-2015 01:06 PM
Pulled over on i-10 today, 1st traffic stop ever.* SeksualTorture General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 02-04-2013 11:21 AM
Who got the traffic award today? Ulric Off Topic 5 05-02-2012 11:03 AM
Traffic Today zerobounds Off Topic 4 03-13-2010 02:52 AM
Advertisement
Old 03-12-2010, 07:17 PM   #2
WWFII
Senior Member
 
WWFII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Where I lay my head is home.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 652

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
K8 Hayabusa (STOLEN)









Quote:
Originally Posted by cedestech View Post
OMG, WTF, WOW....

The 45 minute drive from my ex's in Jersey village to Alvin took almost 2 hours....

Eff....
Only today? I thought that was a daily occurrence in Houston?

Last edited by WWFII; 03-12-2010 at 07:20 PM.
WWFII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 07:20 PM   #3
rkl56119
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 86

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2006 Suzuki M50
2006 Honda Rebel (SOLD)








Saw on the news that it was a tanker spill on 610. There's traffic backup everywhere because of that.
rkl56119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 07:37 PM   #4
cedestech
.
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Feedback Rating: (12)
Posts: 8,302

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











It was the tanker. South belt was effed up. I ended up jumping off at 59 and going down to crab river and coming home the back way.

Wow...
cedestech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 07:56 PM   #5
DrAwkwArD
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,231

Trackdays: 9











User is banned

.
DrAwkwArD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:01 PM   #6
Ares
Senior Member
 
Ares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sweetland
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 2,501

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Z-rex ZRX1200r
Ninjette 250ex - SOLD :'|
Blondie ZX6R - SOLD :'|







Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAwkwArD View Post
They ought to make lane splitting legal here. I wonder if there are any statistics out there that say motorcycle accidents are higher in California because lane splitting is legal...interesting...
remind me to do a research on that next time my english teacher asks for a research paper.


EDIT:
traffic was okay on our route this afternoon...
__________________
RIP Rocky Umali & blue 04 r6
Watch over us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
I got the hint and dropped to the back of the ranks just in front of Ares, who btw rocks the outta that 250.
Ares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:07 PM   #7
atexanone
*Facepalm Distributor*
 
atexanone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NW
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,487

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
06 Kawi 636






lane splitting was highly utilized this afternoon
__________________
80474C551FEDECABE8FCE6C7EC914B99
Quote:
Originally Posted by atexanone View Post
yeah I find my bike is harder to steal if there is a crazy/ off african on it so I ride it as much as possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang Man View Post
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
atexanone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:27 PM   #8
cedestech
.
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Feedback Rating: (12)
Posts: 8,302

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











cept I was in a burban with the boy...
cedestech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 12:08 AM   #9
brandontx
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 4,746

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F








I left my place to go to the corner store and got stuck in the traffic for like thirty minutes, had to split traffic on the feeder and take the sidewalk down Richmond. Man I love having a motorcycle at times like that.
brandontx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 06:20 AM   #10
Helios
Back again again...
 
Helios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Houston
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 12,674

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer




Member Garage





I had my son all day so we just stayed in, watched tv and played trains. We left the house around 4pm for errands and hit traffic. Checked Transtar and it was lit up red everywhere. Pulled over at Chipotle and went to the park instead. Screw sitting on I-10 for half an hour.
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 09:02 AM   #11
Ronin
Senior Member
 
Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tomball
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 267

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Black/White CBR 600RR (Leyla)
Red/Black CBR 600RR (Track)





Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAwkwArD View Post
They ought to make lane splitting legal here. I wonder if there are any statistics out there that say motorcycle accidents are higher in California because lane splitting is legal...interesting...
I thought they passed the bill allowing lane splitting to be legal in the state of Texas now? Anyone else have clarification on this?
__________________
"When captured birds grow wise, they try to open the cage with their beaks. They don't give up, because they want to fly again."
Ronin - A samurai with no lord or master.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benga View Post
Ronin is the best of the best guys. He has a kick wife. Got wasted at his place and she didnt complain or anything!
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 09:08 AM   #12
cedestech
.
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Feedback Rating: (12)
Posts: 8,302

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I thought they passed the bill allowing lane splitting to be legal in the state of Texas now? Anyone else have clarification on this?
You thought wrong....
cedestech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 09:19 AM   #13
Ronin
Senior Member
 
Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tomball
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 267

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Black/White CBR 600RR (Leyla)
Red/Black CBR 600RR (Track)





Texas Senate Bill 506

http://www.legis.state.tx.us/tlodocs...l/SB00506S.htm

By: Carona S.B. No. 506
(In the Senate - Filed January 21, 2009; February 17, 2009,
read first time and referred to Committee on Transportation and
Homeland Security; March 20, 2009, reported favorably by the
following vote: Yeas 7, Nays 2; March 20, 2009, sent to printer.)

A BILL TO BE ENTITLED
AN ACT

relating to the operation and movement of motorcycles during
periods of traffic congestion.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF TEXAS:
SECTION 1. Section 545.060, Transportation Code, is amended
by amending Subsection (a) and adding Subsection (e) to read as
follows:
(a) An operator on a roadway divided into two or more
clearly marked lanes for traffic:
(1) shall drive as nearly as practical entirely within
a single lane, except as provided by Subsection (e); and
(2) may not move from the lane unless that movement can
be made safely.
(e) The operator of a motorcycle may operate the motorcycle
for a safe distance between lanes of traffic moving in the same
direction during periods of traffic congestion if:
(1) notwithstanding Section 661.003(c), the operator
and any passenger wear protective headgear that meets the safety
standards adopted by the department; and
(2) the operator operates the motorcycle:
(A) at a speed not more than five miles per hour
greater than the speed of the other traffic;
(B) in traffic that is moving at a speed of 20
miles per hour or less; and
(C) in a location other than a school crossing
zone or a location where the posted speed limit is 20 miles per hour
or less.
SECTION 2. This Act takes effect September 1, 2009.
__________________
"When captured birds grow wise, they try to open the cage with their beaks. They don't give up, because they want to fly again."
Ronin - A samurai with no lord or master.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benga View Post
Ronin is the best of the best guys. He has a kick wife. Got wasted at his place and she didnt complain or anything!
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 09:36 AM   #14
viper3ez
Hello, My Name Is Nuvie
 
viper3ez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Pearland/Housto, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 773

Experience: 1-3 months






Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to viper3ez Send a message via MSN to viper3ez Send a message via Yahoo to viper3ez Send a message via Skype™ to viper3ez
there you have it guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Texas Senate Bill 506

http://www.legis.state.tx.us/tlodocs...l/SB00506S.htm

By: Carona S.B. No. 506
(In the Senate - Filed January 21, 2009; February 17, 2009,
read first time and referred to Committee on Transportation and
Homeland Security; March 20, 2009, reported favorably by the
following vote: Yeas 7, Nays 2; March 20, 2009, sent to printer.)

A BILL TO BE ENTITLED
AN ACT

relating to the operation and movement of motorcycles during
periods of traffic congestion.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF TEXAS:
SECTION 1. Section 545.060, Transportation Code, is amended
by amending Subsection (a) and adding Subsection (e) to read as
follows:
(a) An operator on a roadway divided into two or more
clearly marked lanes for traffic:
(1) shall drive as nearly as practical entirely within
a single lane, except as provided by Subsection (e); and
(2) may not move from the lane unless that movement can
be made safely.
(e) The operator of a motorcycle may operate the motorcycle
for a safe distance between lanes of traffic moving in the same
direction during periods of traffic congestion if:
(1) notwithstanding Section 661.003(c), the operator
and any passenger wear protective headgear that meets the safety
standards adopted by the department; and
(2) the operator operates the motorcycle:
(A) at a speed not more than five miles per hour
greater than the speed of the other traffic;
(B) in traffic that is moving at a speed of 20
miles per hour or less; and
(C) in a location other than a school crossing
zone or a location where the posted speed limit is 20 miles per hour
or less.
SECTION 2. This Act takes effect September 1, 2009.
__________________
Quote:
"Sometimes Its Like The Right Hand Of Is Sitting On My Shoulder"
MODS: 4" extension, a lot of e-guts.
viper3ez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 10:45 AM   #15
lorin70
Senior Member
 
lorin70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Houston - ITL
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 359

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











I am not certain but I believe that this bill failed to pass. I cannot find any reference to the language in it in the Transportation Code, Chapter 545, which covers operation and movement of vehicles.

Don't base your decisions on a bill that may not have become law. As the judge would say 'ignorance of the law is no excuse'.
__________________
ZX9R
KZ650
ASICS 2000
FZ6
lorin70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 04:14 PM   #16
cedestech
.
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Feedback Rating: (12)
Posts: 8,302

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+











Search is your friend...

SB506 died by not making it to the floor to be voted.

It did make it out of commity which is the furtherest it has ever traveled in it's life.
cedestech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 05:02 PM   #17
King Country
He's Running, over
 
King Country's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston/South Side
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 70

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
01' Honda cbr600f4i totaled(5/11/10)




Member Garage





Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by atexanone View Post
lane splitting was highly utilized this afternoon
Yes sir it was...and to the rest of the members...what were you doing stuck in traffic...lol
King Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 05:07 PM   #18
King Country
He's Running, over
 
King Country's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston/South Side
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 70

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
01' Honda cbr600f4i totaled(5/11/10)




Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by cedestech View Post
Search is your friend...

SB506 died by not making it to the floor to be voted.

It did make it out of commity which is the furtherest it has ever traveled in it's life.
that is accurate
King Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:57 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy