MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2010, 01:57 PM   #41
KEITH HUBBARD
JOKERMAN

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1300 V STAR YAMAHA
KZ 650 KAWASAKI
HONDA CB 550
TS125 SUZUKI
HARLEY DAVIDSON 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideForrestride View Post
Sorry that you had to lose your buddy.

The way I look at it is: yes an accident could happen from someone else's stupidity but if you ride responsible you will lessen the chances of a crash. You can die in a car accident or a million other ways too. A good percentage of m/c deaths come from poor decisions on the bikers' part, and I think we would hear about a lot less if everyone would ride responsible (although we know that won't happen). I think you have to enjoy life though and if that means riding a bike on the streets that is okay, but be responsible with your actions so that you reduce the chances of getting in an accident. Some things are just out of our control but that doesn't mean we should have to live, travel, or try to get by in life in rubber bubbles.
Well said indeed .
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Motorcyclist dies gsxrjai General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 09-06-2008 05:10 PM
Motorcyclist Dies In 3-Vehicle Crash MeetJoeAsian General Discussion (Moto Related) 42 12-02-2007 02:48 AM
motorcyclist dies after attending funeral for another motorcyclist RACER X General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 11-05-2007 07:09 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-12-2010, 08:01 PM   #42
Jerzey
The Trickster

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
06 gsxr 600
300zx twinturbo
BMW 545i M sport

I think I will continue to ride. But wen is still up for debate .
Jerzey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:55 PM   #43
prettyboy69
SpeedfERAck!

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
K6 GSXr 600 (SOLD)
nissan xterra 03! 120,000 miles! and keep going!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerzey View Post
i buddy of mine died Friday night on his motorcycle soon after i talked to him.
i found out while i was on the G-town Cruise. thats why after the nasa stop i did not feel llike myself nor wanted to continue riding but i did.

i went to his funeral yesterday and saw him. it really hit me seeing his mother and father being so upset and crying! i just imaged my parents looking down at me.

he died in Shenandoah tx taking a girl for a ride.he was going fast and did not see the turn and went straight and went into the lake( the police say he out rode his headlights) . the girl was able to get to him and drug him out of the water. he was not in good shape.( lets just say all the pieces were togather but he was banged up and bleeding out of holes he should no be) she was wearing his helmet and jacket. he wasn't wearing any gear.idiot!! he got life lighted to the big H and they took him off life support at 6:11 am sat morning .

anyway she came out of it with a broken leg and a stitch or 2 on her head. i dont know if i want to ride anymore. i would not be able to put my mother or father threw something like that. my mother already hates that i ride. everytime she begs me to take my car where ever i go and she wants me to sell it. i just love being on the bike

i always wear a helmet and jacket and jeans. i do need boots. but all the gear in the world will not save u. im not sure what i want to do. i just love riding!

RIP chris!
i feel you bro i lost best friend but not from a motorcycle accident , but month before he died he was in a motorcycle accident he was bang up really bad. Even i have my scares too. 2007 a car got in front of me and i kinda did a never ending ndo and flip the bike really bad. well long story short if you really love to ride well ride man just be safe about it if it is you time it your time to go. My friend died at his job you know, he was barely recoverying from his accident.

R.I.P Tino aka(Sidekick)
Old 03-12-2010, 11:44 PM   #44
MudBug
Banned

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

MudBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 02:34 AM   #45
jdm_phunk
RideTillDeathDoUsPart

Bike(s):
05 CBR 600RR
50cC pocKet rocKet
95 Toyota Supra TT
95 ciVic

Hate to see this subject come often. But its something you have to come to an understanding when you get in to the motorcycle scene. Like many others have said RIP to your friend.

Myself I have had friends die, one day we would be out riding eating, laughing, having a gr8 time, nex day find there gone. I personally for a while did not ride with others. Stayed away from forest rides/Galveston rides/group rides etc.I basically disappeared out of the bike scene. Tho I Kept riding the same routes alone that I usually did with my friends that past away. You may deal with it different.That is just how I felt comfortable

This IS the biKe racK. . . RighT??
jdm_phunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 06:10 AM   #46
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

I'd like to think that its a bit easier to accept if we all know and accept the risks beforehand. Your own riding ability has much to do with how safe it can be but, there are too many ignorant and careless drivers out there that make our jobs that much trickier.
I have come to terms with the fact that it may be my turn soon. And if we could get that across to our friends and family (treat everyone like its your last day), then if it ever happens, I can go in peace knowing I have fewer regrets.
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 12:10 PM   #47
AFS_Racing
Boost King

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
....I have come to terms with the fact that it may be my turn soon. And if we could get that across to our friends and family (treat everyone like its your last day), then if it ever happens, I can go in peace knowing I have fewer regrets.
I live my life in this manner every day.

My wife always asks why I do not believe that I will ever see retirement, and I really can't answer that question for her. She just wouldn't understand...

I live my life with no regrets, do not put off things today that can be done tomorrow, and am certainly ready when that day comes.

Those afraid of dying just aren't living right....
AFS_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 02:31 PM   #48
jdm_phunk
RideTillDeathDoUsPart

Bike(s):
05 CBR 600RR
50cC pocKet rocKet
95 Toyota Supra TT
95 ciVic

^^^

+++1

This IS the biKe racK. . . RighT??
jdm_phunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 06:10 PM   #49
Jerzey
The Trickster

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
06 gsxr 600
300zx twinturbo
BMW 545i M sport

started riding every once in a while . still a bit scared when im on the bike . i feel like butterflies are in my tummy lol. i want to ride so bad and have the same feeling i once had while riding ugh!!!
Old 03-27-2010, 07:19 PM   #50
trackstar158

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
GS500f
GSX-R 600 Corona

Member Garage

RIP chris im so sorry u had to go though that man i know wat its like to be the last one to talk to some one to hold some one as they died i know the pain it never gos away
trackstar158 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement