MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2010, 08:25 AM   #21
Supa Dave
The Chupacabra

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
GSX-R 600
KX250 (sold)

I'd like to start by saying sorry for ur friend and rip.

Losing a friend is very hard to do and when I lose someone close to me I want to just get on my bike and ride! Takes my mind off of everything for a bit. I hope that everyone learns something out of this. Ride within YOUR limits. And keep in mind the risk every time u throw ur leg over the bike.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Motorcyclist dies gsxrjai General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 09-06-2008 05:10 PM
Motorcyclist Dies In 3-Vehicle Crash MeetJoeAsian General Discussion (Moto Related) 42 12-02-2007 02:48 AM
motorcyclist dies after attending funeral for another motorcyclist RACER X General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 11-05-2007 07:09 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-12-2010, 08:29 AM   #22
craigntx
team ftp

Feedback Rating: (21)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
all sold, wrecked, or stolen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerzey View Post
i buddy of mine died Friday night on his motorcycle soon after i talked to him.
i found out while i was on the G-town Cruise. thats why after the nasa stop i did not feel llike myself nor wanted to continue riding but i did.

i went to his funeral yesterday and saw him. it really hit me seeing his mother and father being so upset and crying! i just imaged my parents looking down at me.

he died in Shenandoah tx taking a girl for a ride.he was going fast and did not see the turn and went straight and went into the lake( the police say he out rode his headlights) . the girl was able to get to him and drug him out of the water. he was not in good shape.( lets just say all the pieces were togather but he was banged up and bleeding out of holes he should no be) she was wearing his helmet and jacket. he wasn't wearing any gear.idiot!! he got life lighted to the big H and they took him off life support at 6:11 am sat morning .

anyway she came out of it with a broken leg and a stitch or 2 on her head. i dont know if i want to ride anymore. i would not be able to put my mother or father threw something like that. my mother already hates that i ride. everytime she begs me to take my car where ever i go and she wants me to sell it. i just love being on the bike

i always wear a helmet and jacket and jeans. i do need boots. but all the gear in the world will not save u. im not sure what i want to do. i just love riding!

RIP chris!
sounds like one tough babe man. sorry to hear about your bro
Old 03-12-2010, 08:37 AM   #23
miguel!!
dont forget the streets

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
f thrill

Member Garage

i hate to hear that, i allways leave things like that to the man up stairs.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:55 AM   #24
Valkorin

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 F4i
Stolen Big Wheel

Dealing with the loss of a person you know is something your going to have to figure out for yourself dude. Stay occupied is the best thing I can tell you, don't give yourself a chance to dwell on it.

As for fear of getting back on the bike, thats easy. Get back on it as soon as possible. You don't have to do much, just putt around the neighborhood. The longer you wait, the harder it will be. But you have to judge for yourself how much it bothers you, if you can no longer ride safely because of worry by all means find a new hobby.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:03 AM   #25
Mark06gsxr
Let 'er eat

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
06/09 hybrid gsxr 750
'08 Duc' 848(sold)
'06 Gsxr 1000(sold)
'02 954rr(sold)

Quote:
i agree. he was doing something very dumb. some of u may know me and i am a noob. i have yet to wined up a gear i have yet to see more then 8k on my tac . i just cruise usualy under 70mph. i dont like going fast at all. and this is why i dont want to stop riding. he died cuz he was dumb! im always afraid of the bike. always! once u stop being scared thats when she will get you.
Sounds like your setting yourself up for the same mistake. Just you arent going fast. Like Dave C said, someone could pull out in front of you, or a piece of trash in the road could pop out in front of you and you wont know how to react to it. You need to be comfortable on your own machine. Thats the inexperiece.
Mark06gsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:06 AM   #26
urbanXJ
erect engorged member

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2008 Versys

Celebrate life, every day!
urbanXJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:19 AM   #27
rideForrestride

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
'08 ZX10R - The Mistress

Sorry that you had to lose your buddy.

The way I look at it is: yes an accident could happen from someone else's stupidity but if you ride responsible you will lessen the chances of a crash. You can die in a car accident or a million other ways too. A good percentage of m/c deaths come from poor decisions on the bikers' part, and I think we would hear about a lot less if everyone would ride responsible (although we know that won't happen). I think you have to enjoy life though and if that means riding a bike on the streets that is okay, but be responsible with your actions so that you reduce the chances of getting in an accident. Some things are just out of our control but that doesn't mean we should have to live, travel, or try to get by in life in rubber bubbles.
rideForrestride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:59 AM   #28
RojerLockless
member of NO MA`AM

Feedback Rating: (10)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Honda CB919

Member Garage

It sucks, a real good friend of mine and a really really nice guy who worked at HB's with me in 2008 died on his gsxr 1000.

he was all of maybe 38 had two kids, and we threw him a big BBQ and fundraiser ended up paying for both kids college funds but it was a really really time.

Worst part was I rode with him two days before. My other friend had been riding with him THAT night and as they finished their ride they said cya later they rode off in different directions and he died in a curve not 10 min from that place.

RojerLockless@Motohouston.com
BRING BACK GIXXERBILL!!!
CRBsig 2
RojerLockless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:16 AM   #29
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter

User is banned

morvegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:18 AM   #30
1FC
380 Racing & Paint

Bike(s):
GSXR
GSXR
GSXR
GSXR

Sorry Jerzey for your loss, Its a fine line we ride on these bikes, I think you are learning all the correct ways to ride, Only time Im really nervous is when riding in traffic, cars/trucks are the scariest thing and no amount of gear can protect you from them.
1FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:18 AM   #31
lnghrn4lif

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
01 HONDA 929-SOLD
05 HONDA 600 CBR(LONGHORN EDITION)
12 street glide
99 busa--SOLD
04 busa--SOLD

have to first say sorry for your loss--i have been dumped twice by other ppl and have been real lucky---i had to quit for alittle while to refocus and make sure my mind was right. It never leaves your mind though---but you cant ride each day living in the past. you learn from it you hope it betters yourself and thats what makes you a better rider and to be more alert.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:21 AM   #32
DrAwkwArD
Banned

Trackdays: 9

User is banned

DrAwkwArD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:21 AM   #33
bradtx

Bike(s):
1998 Triumph T595

Jerzey, First my condolences to friend's family and his friends.

I agree, most motorcycle accidents are caused by a lack of judgement by the rider. While gallant that your friend gave his gear to his passenger, it was poor judgement to do so followed by poor judgement while riding. That's just the way it is because even intellegent people make stupid decisions sometimes.

Whether you ride again or not should be decided after a bit of self evaluation and soul searching, not while you're in mourning.

Brad
Old 03-12-2010, 11:19 AM   #34
kdog22
Wheelie it son..

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage

Over a year ago now, i found out a good friend of mine Troy Rucker passed away (crashed on his Harley) when i read a RIP thread another member made. I was in shock. Shortly after i read that, i started getting calls from other friends letting me know as well.

That was hard for me and really hard for a few other buddies of mine who were really close to him. Granted he was at fault. He left a bar way too drunk and never wore gear other than his Bandidos jacket. He ended up on life support and they had to pull the plug.

Time heals, but it gave me a little more of a sense of respect for the road than i already had.

RIP to your friend and RIP Troy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
kdog22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:53 AM   #35
semperfi77
SemperFi77

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
09 GSXR 600

Send a message via Yahoo to semperfi77
First off RIP to your friend bro. Dealing with death in any circumstance is hard.I have lost close friends and family to a range of different circumstances and I have adjusted accordingly. Life is full of hard lessons bro and it's good you could come here and open up.

Respecting your bike is extremely important. No matter how much "man" you are the bike is still a machine and deserves to be respected as such. You seem like an intelligent young man and I am sure you will feel your way through this crisis. Accidents will happen just keep in mind that your family and friends care about you and you never have to keep up with the idiots speeding around you. I ride with a select few individuals that have nothing to prove and too much invested in life to take un-calculated risk.

Best to you bro
semperfi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 12:41 PM   #36
Texas94fs
SBN Bus Driver

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2006 Triumph Thruxton

Member Garage

Rip to your friend.

It's just a way of life, you have to accept all the facts. Look at it as risk management. The more gear you wear the higher the percentage of survival, take out crazy stupid riding and the percentage goes up. However, no matter what your conditions, skill level, or how geared up you are, there is still the risk of death. You accept it or you don't.

April 2009 BOTM
Texas94fs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 01:38 PM   #37
KEITH HUBBARD
JOKERMAN

Bike(s):
1300 V STAR YAMAHA
KZ 650 KAWASAKI
HONDA CB 550
TS125 SUZUKI
HARLEY DAVIDSON 50

Quote:
i agree. he was doing something very dumb. some of u may know me and i am a noob. i have yet to wined up a gear i have yet to see more then 8k on my tac . i just cruise usualy under 70mph. i dont like going fast at all. and this is why i dont want to stop riding. he died cuz he was dumb! im always afraid of the bike. always! once u stop being scared thats when she will get you.
Sorry to hear about your friend, but you have the right frame of mind in respecting your bike & it's power.
Take a break if you need to , people will always tell you bikes are dangerous, but stay focus when you ride & use proper gear always.
Enjoy your bike & the spirit of motorcylcing.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:43 PM   #38
Hooligan
Presrvtionthrudestruction

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600rr
06 GSXR600
07 Honda crf50 (stunt)
Your mom

Send a message via AIM to Hooligan
Friends dieing.... Welcome to the motorcycle world.

RIP Chris. Prayers sent to friends and family
I learned the awesomeness that is Hooligan.
Never trust your own eyes, believe what you are told.
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 01:51 PM   #39
thatboygeorge
powpows ftw

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
05 r6

Send a message via AIM to thatboygeorge
RIP... every1 handles it differently but if ur just cruising not doin anything out of ur limits, all u really gotta worry about is others on the road being stupid... if ur thinking bout calling quits on the streets just remember theres other ways to ride.. grab a dirtbike go hit up some trails and cruise or take it to the track... jsut ride responsibly
thatboygeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 01:56 PM   #40
lilblueninja
Ninja Turtle

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
'09 Ninja 250r

Sorry for the loss of your friend. May he RIP.

Advertisement