MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2010, 11:51 PM   #1
Jerzey
The Trickster

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
06 gsxr 600
300zx twinturbo
BMW 545i M sport

how do you guys deal when a motorcyclist dies?

i buddy of mine died Friday night on his motorcycle soon after i talked to him.
i found out while i was on the G-town Cruise. thats why after the nasa stop i did not feel llike myself nor wanted to continue riding but i did.

i went to his funeral yesterday and saw him. it really hit me seeing his mother and father being so upset and crying! i just imaged my parents looking down at me.

he died in Shenandoah tx taking a girl for a ride.he was going fast and did not see the turn and went straight and went into the lake( the police say he out rode his headlights) . the girl was able to get to him and drug him out of the water. he was not in good shape.( lets just say all the pieces were togather but he was banged up and bleeding out of holes he should no be) she was wearing his helmet and jacket. he wasn't wearing any gear.idiot!! he got life lighted to the big H and they took him off life support at 6:11 am sat morning .

anyway she came out of it with a broken leg and a stitch or 2 on her head. i dont know if i want to ride anymore. i would not be able to put my mother or father threw something like that. my mother already hates that i ride. everytime she begs me to take my car where ever i go and she wants me to sell it. i just love being on the bike

i always wear a helmet and jacket and jeans. i do need boots. but all the gear in the world will not save u. im not sure what i want to do. i just love riding!

RIP chris!
Jerzey is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Motorcyclist dies gsxrjai General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 09-06-2008 05:10 PM
Motorcyclist Dies In 3-Vehicle Crash MeetJoeAsian General Discussion (Moto Related) 42 12-02-2007 02:48 AM
motorcyclist dies after attending funeral for another motorcyclist RACER X General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 11-05-2007 07:09 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-11-2010, 11:59 PM   #2
AFS_Racing
Boost King

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

RIP Chris and peace to his family and friends.

Was he a local on the N-side? Member on MH? Age? What kind of bike?
AFS_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:59 PM   #3
Badchev
Slow

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'01 Bandit

Sorry to hear man.

I think everyone deals a little differently..........I know some that have quit riding the street because of a friends accident, some just take a break, and some that quit riding alltogether. It's not a bad idea to step back and re-evaluate. Holler if you need anything.
Badchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 12:03 AM   #4
Jerzey
The Trickster

Bike(s):
06 gsxr 600
300zx twinturbo
BMW 545i M sport

not on MH he was 24. lived in spring. rode a 07 gsxr 600 blue and white that he got about 5 months ago. but he ownd a bike before that. but still a pretty new rider id say!.just like me
Old 03-12-2010, 12:03 AM   #5
Dreamer!?

Experience: 3 years

thats the risk you take everyday you start up your bike
Dreamer!? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 12:08 AM   #6
Versatile337
They call me V or Franco

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2009 GSX-R 750 (Blk/Matte Blk)

Member Garage

hopefully this thread will save someone else's life. That will be part of your friend's legacy.

So MotoHouston, don't outride your headlights and ATGATT All The Gear All The Time
Versatile337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 12:09 AM   #7
GAU-8
official thread ender.

sorry about your your loss. :(

I dont want to say "you get accustomed to it"... but that was one of the reasons I completely stopped hanging out with other cyclists for almost 12-15 years. lot of friends never came back to the local hangout..and not to make light of it, but we were dropping like flies.

it's something you have to acknowledge, its going to happen. you have to assume, or accept the risk that sooner or later,(statistically) its going to happen to you.

It's nothing to worry about if you need "time off".. short term, ling term or permanantly. you will decide at some point what is best for you

dont force yourself doing something you dont want to do. whatever that is. We all have had days like that, and if one hasnt yet..they will.
GAU-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 12:37 AM   #8
Mark06gsxr
Let 'er eat

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
06/09 hybrid gsxr 750
'08 Duc' 848(sold)
'06 Gsxr 1000(sold)
'02 954rr(sold)

People forget how fun turns to tragedy soo fast. Bravo for the girl being smart enough to wear gear. Hate to sound harsh & uncaring but thats why they call 'em squids.. Stupid people lose their mind when they get something fast.. Its sad that such fast bikes are so easily had by very inexperienced/irresponsible people.
Mark06gsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 12:50 AM   #9
Jerzey
The Trickster

Bike(s):
06 gsxr 600
300zx twinturbo
BMW 545i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark954rr View Post
People forget how fun turns to tragedy soo fast. Bravo for the girl being smart enough to wear gear. Hate to sound harsh & uncaring but thats why they call 'em squids.. Stupid people lose their mind when they get something fast.. Its sad that such fast bikes are so easily had by very inexperienced/irresponsible people.
i agree. he was doing something very dumb. some of u may know me and i am a noob. i have yet to wined up a gear i have yet to see more then 8k on my tac . i just cruise usualy under 70mph. i dont like going fast at all. and this is why i dont want to stop riding. he died cuz he was dumb! im always afraid of the bike. always! once u stop being scared thats when she will get you.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:05 AM   #10
C.Hern5972
Street Ninja Four Father

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
96 ZX7R 37k miles and still strong
2007 HD Softail
2002 Springer Classic
2007 GSXR600

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerzey View Post
i agree. he was doing something very dumb. some of u may know me and i am a noob. i have yet to wined up a gear i have yet to see more then 8k on my tac . i just cruise usualy under 70mph. i dont like going fast at all. and this is why i dont want to stop riding. he died cuz he was dumb! im always afraid of the bike. always! once u stop being scared thats when she will get you.
Everyone handles these situations differently man. Sounds like you are being responsible and you know the limits of your bike. (very smart)
I know i have seen my close friends pass and it is tough, very tough. We all have to step back and take a break sometime. If you feel you need a break, so be it. Chill and get your mind right. If you dont like the streets, rent some leathers and check out the track. You might fall in love with it. It is closed crcuit, and you will LEARN ALLOT about riding in different situation. This is one way to learn what you are really riding. RIP to your friend.(im not calling him a squid or stupid! Its done, and he is with the man upstairs) I hope you find what is right in your riding and keep the shiny side up.

Chris H
"I dont follow rules to well"
C.Hern5972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 01:07 AM   #11
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

I feel for ya. I have not had a real close friend die. I just know that I know the risk and I like to ride. All we can do is learn from their mistakes.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 01:33 AM   #12
Sabatech
Jesse Does it ALL

Feedback Rating: (10)

Bike(s):
Hayabusa
2001 GSXR 1000
2004 GSXR 1000
RC 51
426 Supermoto

Send a message via MSN to Sabatech Send a message via Skype™ to Sabatech
sorry for your loss. brother died on richmond ave by gessner at 35mph. it hits close to home every time any of US loose anyone especialy one of our brothers, sisters, or friends. R.I.P.
Sabatech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 02:04 AM   #13
skelator
Just US Racing

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
GT Performer

Smile

sorry for your loss and RIP to your friend. i've buried seven friends and i've been down hard a couple times, even watched my dad go down rite in front of me twice. i would rather die and have the chick on the back live. i focked up in 06 and crashed with my girlfriend on the back and a six month old baby at home. i lost my splein,seperated shoulder, broken rips etc.my house pretty much everything. i dont lead the pack no more . everyone riding with us sold there bikes and quit but when my wifes broke leg,arm and reconstructen surgery healed. she said lets go buy another bike cause we werent the same without one. you gotta be willing to pay the piper or dont do it. but for my family its a way of life. i hope you stick with it and live to tell about. go to the track and make yourself a better rider it will improve your chances 100%
good luck and happy riding !
skelator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 02:55 AM   #14
mammothmc

I fix crashed bikes for a living so I'm constantly hearing new & more tragic stories. I can't tell you how to deal with your loss of a friend. That's for you to decide. What I can tell you about still riding is this.......

99% of the time wrecks are the riders fault. Even if a dumbass cager hits you in their car its still your fault. That sounds harsh, but the upside is that only 1% of crashes cannot possibly be avoided. Modern sportbikes have so much performance that if you get hit by a car its because you weren't paying enough attention. Don't look at where cars are....look at where they're going to be. If you're not looking at drivers eyes & head movents as they glance at mirrors (totally missing you).... Then chances are you shouldn't be on the street.

If you ride like a jerkoff beyond your abilities.....its going to catch up with you eventually. If you treat riding like learning to play a guitar......ya know something that you spend your life always getting a little better at, you'll be fine. Practice the skills you have & Always be learning new skills.
mammothmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 02:59 AM   #15
kalanie
facebok/leatherlaceracing

I can't imagine what you and the passenger are going through.
Last Sat I saw this squid go down.He was unconscious but came back.There was blood everywhere.It shook me up.I hope that is the closest I get to death.
Good luck and maybe you can tell us how you got through it.

Leather&Lace Racing Leather Repair
281-657-589 zero
kalanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 03:05 AM   #16
gtdrivr
Al Gore lied to me.

Bike(s):
CBR954 arrrr arrrr

We have all lost numerous friends on bikes. It's not just bikes, though. I have lost 6 in cars, 1 fell off a ladder, etc. When it's your time....

It fckn hurts to lose a friend. I have lost 30 and counting now. It sucks every time. Most of the time, people react just as though they, themselves, had crashed. Stay off the bike until you feel comfortable on it. Dont force yourself to ride if it doesnt feel right. That might take 2 weeks or 2 years.

oh, and gear DOES make a difference. If GAU-8 hadnt been wearing his gear a few weeks ago, it would have been ugly. His helmet is the reason he is here, posting in your thread.

RIP

Riding the back roads of heaven.

gtdrivr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:03 AM   #17
Hail
Middle Aged Crazy Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
2013 Triumph Speed Triple R
2012 DR-Z 400S

I am very sorry to hear about your buddy. It is a horrible thing to go through.

I can tell you that I would deal with it the same way I deal with anyone I care about who dies. I do not hold motorcyclists in any higher regard than anyone else I know. I can tell you that when friends have died in car wrecks I have never questioned whether I will drive a car again. Same goes for motorcycles.
Hail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:31 AM   #18
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerzey View Post
i buddy of mine died Friday night on his motorcycle soon after i talked to him.
i found out while i was on the G-town Cruise. thats why after the nasa stop i did not feel llike myself nor wanted to continue riding but i did.

i went to his funeral yesterday and saw him. it really hit me seeing his mother and father being so upset and crying! i just imaged my parents looking down at me.

he died in Shenandoah tx taking a girl for a ride.he was going fast and did not see the turn and went straight and went into the lake( the police say he out rode his headlights) . the girl was able to get to him and drug him out of the water. he was not in good shape.( lets just say all the pieces were togather but he was banged up and bleeding out of holes he should no be) she was wearing his helmet and jacket. he wasn't wearing any gear.idiot!! he got life lighted to the big H and they took him off life support at 6:11 am sat morning .

anyway she came out of it with a broken leg and a stitch or 2 on her head. i dont know if i want to ride anymore. i would not be able to put my mother or father threw something like that. my mother already hates that i ride. everytime she begs me to take my car where ever i go and she wants me to sell it. i just love being on the bike

i always wear a helmet and jacket and jeans. i do need boots. but all the gear in the world will not save u. im not sure what i want to do. i just love riding!

RIP chris!
Gear up. Follow all traffic laws. Ride aggressively defensive in traffic. Maintain and take care of your bike and it will take care of you. My mom is 70 and still rides her very own Harley (recently converted to a trike). If she can do it, anyone can.
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 07:46 AM   #19
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
First off, sorry to hear about your loss. Losing a friend is never ever easy and quite honestly it always seems to be someone elses friend or family member, not your own.

I rode for the mean streets for about 10 years without having to witness any of my close friends pass. It was always someone you knew or someone you knew from a message board. When it eventually happened to someone I was close with, it hurt. It hurts a lot. People deal with it differently....ultimately, I gave up the streets. Regardless whether it was mc related accident or not, losing a loved one is never easy. Keep your head up bud! And stay close to his parents and let them know you are there for them as well.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:23 AM   #20
FJRmgm

Bike(s):
Yamaha FJR 1300
Honda CBR 954RR
Yamaha WR250R

nothing worse than looking at a dead friend in a casket - especially when its only because they did something foolish....

Time helps but it still sucks.
FJRmgm is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisement