MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2010, 08:52 PM   #21
Senator
Dude....Seriously?

Feedback Rating: (17)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
Ducati S2R1000
2006 R6 (sold)
2004 R6 (sold)
97 zx6r (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammothmc View Post
02 R6 by a mile.......

The parts are cheaper. It actually has some power under 10,000 RPM's.

New tech is better, but its not night & day.
HMMM interesting. I went from a FI bike, to a carbed SS, to a FI SS, and it IS night and day difference. The throttle response alone was worth moving up.

The parts being cheaper are debatable. I could not find front rotors for my old bike that were under 576 brand new. Used were no where to be found though. The turnaround of bike models is that of computers. Many parts get discontinued quickly or become scarce. You have to look a couple of years in future if he plans on keeping it.

PS- The r6 is known to only have power on the upper end. hardly anything under 6-8k RPM's. That's why so many r6's go with the -1/+2 sprocket setup to compensate for acceleration down low.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
'06 GSXR 1000 Rear Seat on '07 GSXR 600? Triple T General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 12-18-2011 03:07 PM
Help with an 07 GSXR 600 sacer625 How To's and Q & A's 8 10-01-2009 05:05 PM
Anyone recognize this bike?? Orange '02 GSXR 600 vdub Taking it to the Track 10 09-11-2009 12:21 AM
02 F4i Stunt Bike vs. 06 GSXR 600 Mr. Unassailable Taking it to the Track 26 03-25-2009 01:12 PM
06 gsxr 600 VS 02 gsxr 1000 FasterFaster Taking it to the Track 13 01-01-2008 02:49 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-09-2010, 09:33 PM   #22
mammothmc

Feedback Rating: (0)

My perspective is a little different than most. It tends to be a little more rounded. I probably currently own more bikes than you've had your whole riding life. Funny how you mention computers....bikes don't quite work like that. One of the CMRA 600 class championships was won on a Honda F2 about 2 years ago.

The "throttle response" that you're talking about is exactly why fuel injection sucks so badly. Its abrupt it upsets the chassis & mid turn riding fast that puts you on your . For a first time rider...old....smooth... & tough are the things to look for in a bike. New gen GSXR's are tin foil & ungodly complicated plastics held together like a snap fit model. Most beginning riders drop their first bike numerous times. Simply put that R6 would survive it & the gsxr probably wouldn't.

This guy made the mistake of asking what you would buy instead of asking what HE should buy.
mammothmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:41 PM   #23
Senator
Dude....Seriously?

Feedback Rating: (17)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
Ducati S2R1000
2006 R6 (sold)
2004 R6 (sold)
97 zx6r (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammothmc View Post
My perspective is a little different than most. It tends to be a little more rounded. I probably currently own more bikes than you've had your whole riding life. Funny how you mention computers....bikes don't quite work like that. One of the CMRA 600 class championships was won on a Honda F2 about 2 years ago.

The "throttle response" that you're talking about is exactly why fuel injection sucks so badly. Its abrupt it upsets the chassis & mid turn riding fast that puts you on your . For a first time rider...old....smooth... & tough are the things to look for in a bike. New gen GSXR's are tin foil & ungodly complicated plastics held together like a snap fit model. Most beginning riders drop their first bike numerous times. Simply put that R6 would survive it & the gsxr probably wouldn't.

This guy made the mistake of asking what you would buy instead of asking what HE should buy.
You first said there is not a night and day difference between new and old technology, but now we're talking about throttle response there IS a big difference??? Enlighten me, oh' owner of many bikes currently....

I didn't comment on the longevity of a motorcycle, I stated the model turnaround is significant. Meaning it is more difficult to find replacement parts for older bikes when models change. Scarce parts= higher $$$.

I don't know anything about newer model suzuki's, which is why I didn't comment, but your info on the r6 wasn't completely accurate.

Sounds like I wouldn't want either of them!
Old 03-09-2010, 11:06 PM   #24
AFS_Racing
Boost King

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

GSXR without a doubt.

And nobody has touched on the ever popular act of previous owner non-registration (i.e. the R6). Try putting those worms back in the can....
AFS_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:13 PM   #25
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKS_Racing View Post
GSXR without a doubt.

And nobody has touched on the ever popular act of previous owner non-registration (i.e. the R6). Try putting those worms back in the can....
depends if the info was filled out and dated and whether or not it is signed in the proper place. It's not that complicated to transfer over a title.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:20 PM   #26
AFS_Racing
Boost King

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadero View Post
... The other choice is an 02 R6 with 10000 miles and it has a clean title the owner has never got it in his name, but he has the Title. ...
It sounds like the previous owner failed to transfer, and thus did not pay the Sales Tax. Either an Affidavit of Fact from prior owner (good luck on getting someone you do not know and who did not make a sale to you to falsify info), or title has to be transferred to current owner (including taxes paid) and then transferred to new owner. This adds additional time and cost.

People really need to transfer titles (and pay the taxes) when they purchase the bike. It is all part of the ownership experience...
AFS_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:04 AM   #27
Distinct R6

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 yamaha r6
02 yamaha r6

I bought my 02 r6 for 1900 did the breaks on it sold it for 3500 I love yamaha but the gsxr is the better way to go just like they said up top cant beet the new
Distinct R6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement