Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > Technical > How To's and Q & A's
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2010, 07:56 AM   #1
Captain Concussion
Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

15k service

I'm closing in on the 15k mark with the z1000, but I'm also getting married and have zero dollars.

I have tech experience, but never worked on bikes. Can I do most of the maintenance at 15k myself? the bike is a daily and I'd like to take it to a shop but I'm gonna be broke over the next couple months but i ride it too much to really let anything slide.
zerobounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Valve adjustment and 15k service HELP! AndyDaBoss General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 04-14-2013 09:18 PM
If I only had 15k laying around. hotcknstrips General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 09-28-2011 11:05 PM
possible $15k for home buyers in 2010 RACER X Off Topic 23 02-12-2009 01:08 PM
$15k for an '07 600RR RACER X General Discussion (Moto Related) 62 10-16-2007 06:59 AM
Old 03-08-2010, 08:39 AM   #2
team ftp
Feedback Rating: (21)

Experience: 10+ years

all sold, wrecked, or stolen

the valve service- i've been told if it still starts up easily leave it be (i'm in the same boat as you).
what else, plugs? easy

and congrats on the marriage thing
you may hate jerry sandusky but at least he drove slow through school zones
craigntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:47 AM   #3
Back again again...
Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

I did the 10k maintenance on my M50, no prior motorcycle mechanical experience. Just simple tools and a laptop with a link to a maintenance help page. Oil change, air filter, radiator fluid, brake fluid flush, and couple other minor things. Do you need new brake pads?
Check a forum for tips, know ahead if you're gonna need special tools and have a friend help. You never know where you're gonna need an extra hand or someone or fetch a cold beer.
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote