MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2006, 01:15 AM   #1
mekrew
naaaaaw i sayin

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to mekrew
sound system ?

for all u home theater audio heads

i want to get a decent reciever and surround sound system for my living room, but all the home theater sets have the small speakers. I want tall floor speakers and you can only get those with dvd sytems.

I want some speakers like this:
samsung speakers

to go with my samgsung black tv, but im gettin an upconvert dvd player so i dont need the one it comes with.

ALSO ....

i dont want to run wires for the rear so I plan on running like a 3.1 system in phantom or whatever its called where 3 speakers(center, f.left, f.right, sub) makes it seem like surround .. any ideas or suggestions on that

trying to keep it a decent budget system im not a baller

thanks
mekrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Weird sound POZZD General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 09-29-2014 07:27 AM
Sound system install eugene Off Topic 8 02-28-2010 10:57 PM
Busa with a sound system... m109runner Performance and Modifications 19 04-07-2009 01:49 PM
ticking sound :-( quicksaveme General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 02-20-2009 12:09 AM
Sound familiar.......................... Grinchy Off Topic 6 03-12-2008 08:59 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-02-2006, 01:34 AM   #2
TWISTED METAL
Banned

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
CBR 1000 AND GSXR 750 TRACK BIKE

User is banned

Last edited by TWISTED METAL; 06-02-2006 at 01:38 AM.
TWISTED METAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 02:15 AM   #3
bikerboyz

ok what is your spending limit because you know if you want some bad asss shitt you know its going to cost you some money, lets put it this way you get what you pay for
bikerboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 07:45 AM   #4
Stone_618

Bike(s):
'03 ZX6R 636

Send a message via AIM to Stone_618 Send a message via MSN to Stone_618
dude, you gotta call me. i love talkin about this and i hate typing. as for my adivse, id really try hard to get those rear channels. 3.1(thats what its called) is good, but you only get real surround sound if you got rear channels. its not very hard to run rear spkr. wire either under carpet or thru walls if you have the space. It really makes a big difference. Twisted metal is right about the sub, but if your in an apartment like me, you don't get to turn it up that loud to get its full potentional, which makes it even more important to have those rear channels. but if your in a house, you made! crank that f'en sub up!!!

i could go on forever. free advise. hit me up. me # is in my sig. If i don't answer, its probably cuase im in a wall somewhere, leave a message. if you want, i can look at your setup and see if i can get those rear channels run for ya.

also, im not sure why you want the tall floor standing speakers, but you might be able to get shorter speakers for a better deal that sound better and put them on speaker stands. just another idea. lots of options with this stuff.

and biker boys is right. as with any product, more money, better product.
Old 06-02-2006, 07:49 AM   #5
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

i;ve got a nice sony ES series receiever (5:1) collecting dust, i downsized and went w/ a 5 disc samsung w/ klipsh speakers.

i also have boston acoustic rear and center channel collecting dust.

if your interested i can get you the model #s and price.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 07:57 AM   #6
Stone_618

Bike(s):
'03 ZX6R 636

whats the model number on that sony es?

and that military guy in your sig is hilarious!!
Old 06-02-2006, 08:12 AM   #7
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

I got a Harmon Kardon setup and it kicks major . It is a 7.1 surround. The windows on the house rattle. The sub is a 12". The only thing is that you have to buy the stands separatly. I had to buy 3 pairs and they are $100 per pair. But it was all worth it. I think it sounds better than the movie theaters.
Old 06-02-2006, 08:19 AM   #8
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone_618
whats the model number on that sony es?

and that military guy in your sig is hilarious!!
it's at home........i'll see if the wife can get me the #

i think it's something like STR-8ES???
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Old 06-02-2006, 08:32 AM   #9
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

I just got the Bose amb6 or someshit like that, but it's a 5.1 and i love it, now i want to get the Bose recvr or and amp to push em a little harder and louder.. currently running a Sony recvr thats about 8 yrs old
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 08:36 AM   #10
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

wrong #'s.........
Trump/Zimmerman 2016

Last edited by RACER X; 06-02-2006 at 08:38 AM.
Old 06-02-2006, 08:52 AM   #11
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

sony STR-GA7ES

sony str-ga7es surround receiver "ES" line dolby prologic and 5.1 direct 5.1 inputs perfect for dvd players with 5 channel outputs 90watts left-center-right 40watts rear surround 12 sound fields s video inputs and outputs

Sony STR-GA7ES A/V Receiver. 90 x 3 + 40 x 2 Watts per channel. Preamp output. Second Speaker Output. THD = .05%. Digital EQ, 24 DSP Sound Fields, Dolby Digital Ready (5.1 input). 4 audio, 5 A/V Inputs.

$200???
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Old 06-02-2006, 09:36 AM   #12
Mad Max

Feedback Rating: (3)

Send a message via AIM to Mad Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWISTED METAL
I HAVE A PRETTY HUGE SYSTEM...ALL SONY...ITS TOO LOUD FOR MOST AND CAN BE LOUDER THAN WHAT I NEED...SO I OVER KILLED IT...BUT THE ONE INVESTMENT I WOULDN'T CHANGE IS MY SUB...I PAID LIKE 275 FOR JUST THE 12"SUB....AT FIRST I THOUGHT I GOT RAPED BUT WHEN I TURNED IT ON...I KNEW I'D GOTTEN THE BEST BASS I COULD OF WANTED...IT SHAKES THE WHOLE HOUSE...SO JUST DON'T GO CHEAP ON THE SUB...CUZ MOST MIDS AND HIGHS ALL SOUND PRETTY GOOD...ALL TOGETHER I HAVE 1 CENTER 1 FRONT LEFT AND RIGHT..AND LEFT AND RIGHT REAR PLUS THE SPEAKERS IN THE TV...AND THE SUB
, i paid 420 for my 10" sub alone. i can't believe you are using the speakers in ur tv, lol. when it comes to audio, you get what you pay for. go several places and listen to a bunch of systems, and BRING YOUR OWN MUSIC. places will have specific demo songs for systems which bring out the strong points in it. depending on the genre of music you like to listen to, or if you just wanna watch movies, some systems will be better at one genre compared to the other. but if you are buying a system based on looks it doesn't really matter then, especially if you don't want rears.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 09:48 AM   #13
Stone_618

Bike(s):
'03 ZX6R 636

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X
sony STR-GA7ES

sony str-ga7es surround receiver "ES" line dolby prologic and 5.1 direct 5.1 inputs perfect for dvd players with 5 channel outputs 90watts left-center-right 40watts rear surround 12 sound fields s video inputs and outputs

Sony STR-GA7ES A/V Receiver. 90 x 3 + 40 x 2 Watts per channel. Preamp output. Second Speaker Output. THD = .05%. Digital EQ, 24 DSP Sound Fields, Dolby Digital Ready (5.1 input). 4 audio, 5 A/V Inputs.

$200???
sorry man, thought it was a 7.1 nice recevier thou.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:09 AM   #14
mekrew
naaaaaw i sayin

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerboyz
ok what is your spending limit because you know if you want some bad asss shitt you know its going to cost you some money, lets put it this way you get what you pay for
im not really sure on a spending limit .. hows $3-400. Im already spending $2500 on a tv, and and going to need to buy all the other little things for a new house so u know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone_618
dude, you gotta call me. i love talkin about this and i hate typing. as for my adivse, id really try hard to get those rear channels. 3.1(thats what its called) is good, but you only get real surround sound if you got rear channels. its not very hard to run rear spkr. wire either under carpet or thru walls if you have the space. It really makes a big difference. Twisted metal is right about the sub, but if your in an apartment like me, you don't get to turn it up that loud to get its full potentional, which makes it even more important to have those rear channels. but if your in a house, you made! crank that f'en sub up!!!

i could go on forever. free advise. hit me up. me # is in my sig. If i don't answer, its probably cuase im in a wall somewhere, leave a message. if you want, i can look at your setup and see if i can get those rear channels run for ya.

also, im not sure why you want the tall floor standing speakers, but you might be able to get shorter speakers for a better deal that sound better and put them on speaker stands. just another idea. lots of options with this stuff.

and biker boys is right. as with any product, more money, better product.
i mean i WANT 5.1, but is a pretty big living room and I dont want to run wires on the floor, i GUESS i can run them under the carpet.

The reason I want tall floor speakers is the look i guess. Ya I guess i could get the cube speakers and get stands, but isnt that going to be more $$

but this just looks so cool to me .. tall speakers (except i am gettin 50" dlp)
main 01

im open to suggestions i just want nice audio budget system , not some all out make u feel like ur in the movies cause i dont have the $$$ for it

racerx that is just the reciever no speakers for 2 ? I was kind of leaning towards buying a package deal but i dunno if thas a good idea
Old 06-02-2006, 10:20 AM   #15
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekrew

racerx that is just the reciever no speakers for 2 ? I was kind of leaning towards buying a package deal but i dunno if thas a good idea
yeah, thats for just the receiver.

if you wanna do it right, you buy components, receiver, speakers, dvd player. all in 1 compromise sound quality, dvd quality all those to fit in the budget.

the reciever, back in the day was like $7-800......

i have boston acoustic, center channel speaker and rear surround speakers, i'd prolly do $175 for those, but they're not tall like your lookin at......
Trump/Zimmerman 2016

Last edited by RACER X; 06-02-2006 at 10:23 AM.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:30 AM   #16
mekrew
naaaaaw i sayin

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X
yeah, thats for just the receiver.

if you wanna do it right, you buy components, receiver, speakers, dvd player. all in 1 compromise sound quality, dvd quality all those to fit in the budget.

the reciever, back in the day was like $7-800......

i have boston acoustic, center channel speaker and rear surround speakers, i'd prolly do $175 for those, but they're not tall like your lookin at......
so i can probably get it piece by piece and fit in that budget ?
Old 06-02-2006, 10:56 AM   #17
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

well, stone 618 ,might be able to give you a better idea, but those tall speakers tend to be either in all-in-one type setups or expene$$ive speaker only applications.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Old 06-02-2006, 05:19 PM   #18
Stone_618

Bike(s):
'03 ZX6R 636

my thoughts are if thats what you want(meaning the tall floor speakers) you shouyld try to get them. you know you'll be happy with the look, and on your budget, i wouldn't try to hard for the best best bestest sounding speakers. its not just the speakers that give good sound, its acoustics, amps, wires, etc. all together. but i like your setup picture. i'd want it too if i had the money. im more of the installer not the sales guy. i know more about hookin it up and stuff than prices and stuff. either way, make sure you get rear speakers.
Old 06-02-2006, 05:36 PM   #19
BigC
AKA Big Daddy

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
88"HURRICANE 1000 ( crashed ) / 98"Z-71 1500 4x4 / 06" Nissan Sentra Spec - V 6 Speed / ZX-7 Ninja

Can't wait till my house is ready this fall......
BigC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 05:39 PM   #20
t.dubya
Senor Member

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
k7 gsxr 600 (now dead)

I know you want floor speakers, but there are some killer deals going around on NHT SB-1's, speakers were 500 a pair (and a good value at that) now there available for 80 apiece. Get you some NHT's and a sub and youll never look back.
Smaller speakers also mean you don't need as big of an amp, you could get a lower powered Harmon or yamaha (don't buy low end yamaha, just the high current ones) and have a supreme setup.
t.dubya is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement