Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2010, 08:14 PM   #1
gsxr_firerider
you lite em, we fight em

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
07 gsxr 600- sold

Question

Got a question for anyone who cares. In July 09, I sold a guy my 07 Gsxr. It had the extended warranty with it.The bike was in my wifes name. When I sold it to him, everything went smoothly. All payments and paperwork was handled by his bank and title getting switched over went smoothly. I got the paperwork signed to transfer the warranty to his name, and I think there was a 30 dollar fee he had to pay and had to do it in a certain period of time. Well a couple months ago, I recieve a phone call from K's saying my bike was fixed and ready to go. I asked the guy what he was talking about? He said your 07 gsxr warranty work is done and I could get it. I told him we no longer owned the bike and had sold it. He got all quiet and said he would handle it. Well apparently the guy didnt have the warranty transferred, and went in and told them my wife, was his girlfriend and the owner. My question is, I dont know if I should be or what. In a way he payed for the warranty when he bought it, but then he lied and was using my wifes name. Is this a big deal or am I over reacting?
gsxr_firerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question. Killerjoe123 General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 08-18-2011 04:46 PM
question fiddyrider Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 9 06-16-2009 12:48 PM
question Harveyjl2 Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 17 10-25-2008 10:50 PM
Question? koskesh Off Topic 23 04-17-2006 09:01 PM
got a question need your help on GSXR question Racer X 05 General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 08-05-2005 01:11 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-01-2010, 08:19 PM   #2
TeleRomeo
Wide Freaking Open!

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 ZX-6R Track
Cr125 Braaap

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr_firerider View Post
Got a question for anyone who cares. In July 09, I sold a guy my 07 Gsxr. It had the extended warranty with it.The bike was in my wifes name. When I sold it to him, everything went smoothly. All payments and paperwork was handled by his bank and title getting switched over went smoothly. I got the paperwork signed to transfer the warranty to his name, and I think there was a 30 dollar fee he had to pay and had to do it in a certain period of time. Well a couple months ago, I recieve a phone call from K's saying my bike was fixed and ready to go. I asked the guy what he was talking about? He said your 07 gsxr warranty work is done and I could get it. I told him we no longer owned the bike and had sold it. He got all quiet and said he would handle it. Well apparently the guy didnt have the warranty transferred, and went in and told them my wife, was his girlfriend and the owner. My question is, I dont know if I should be or what. In a way he payed for the warranty when he bought it, but then he lied and was using my wifes name. Is this a big deal or am I over reacting?
Hmmm... Do you know if the bike was transfered with plates and all to his name? That would be my #1 concern!!
If its only extended warranty. It would not be a big deal, but I would at least call him and nicely speak your mind and ask what gives?
Old 03-01-2010, 08:21 PM   #3
PYROBUG51
GMFS Racing

Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 750 Track
06 R6 Track

04 ZX6RR NINJA (STOLEN)

Go get yout bike back then...tell YOUR WIFE to go claim whats hers and its a win win for everyone
PYROBUG51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:24 PM   #4
gsxr_firerider
you lite em, we fight em

Bike(s):
07 gsxr 600- sold

Ha ha jorge, youre funny. Yes I know for a fact the title was done, because after his bank paid for it, my bank sent me the title, and she signed it and we filled out the title transfer paperwork and sent it to his bank. My father is johnny law, and he double checked it a couple months after. I just dont like the fact that he lied. It sucks he didnt get the warranty put in his name, but I provided him everything he needed to do it in a timely manor.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:26 PM   #5
09Repsol

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
09 Honda CBR1000RR Repsol

Member Garage

Well you probably opened a can of worms for him...LOL That dealership can deny his warranty claim and lien his bike for the repair cost, for not transfering it to his name. Other than that I dont think its a liability issue on your wifes end. More of a respect issue towards you.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:28 PM   #6
PYROBUG51
GMFS Racing

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 750 Track
06 R6 Track

04 ZX6RR NINJA (STOLEN)

Make them put a lien on it and tell him you want the cash to get his bike back and buy your ol lady a nice gift Steaks and BJ for you buddy..and you still win
Old 03-01-2010, 08:29 PM   #7
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09Repsol View Post
Well you probably opened a can of worms for him...LOL That dealership can deny his warranty claim and lien his bike for the repair cost, for not transfering it to his name. Other than that I dont think its a liability issue on your wifes end. More of a respect issue towards you.
I dont know, but this is exactly what I was thinking.

Call the guy and speak your mind.

Still, not to be an , I would at least let the dude explain. Could be that he completely forgot to switch the warranty over, then when asked by the dealer, he kinda freaked and said, um... yeah that's my girl.
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:46 PM   #8
gsxr_firerider
you lite em, we fight em

Bike(s):
07 gsxr 600- sold

Yeah, like I said, dude was a nice guy. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, thinking thats what happened. But it caught me off guard too when they called. If the guy would've just taken the time and called me and explained, or messaged me on here, I wouldve been completely cool with it. Thats why Im kinda mad, because if he screwed up and didnt get it switched on accident, when he went and realized it, he lied about it, and then didnt call and explain, just hoping we would never know.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:47 PM   #9
gsxr_firerider
you lite em, we fight em

Bike(s):
07 gsxr 600- sold

And pyro, its steak and bj day all year long.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:58 PM   #10
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
The new owner probably had to pay for the services lol.

I wouldnt worry about it so long as the registration is infact in his name.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:59 PM   #11
PYROBUG51
GMFS Racing

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 750 Track
06 R6 Track

04 ZX6RR NINJA (STOLEN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr_firerider View Post
And pyro, its steak and bj day all year long.
Your still Newly weds Wait another 2 years

Advertisement