MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Safety Corner > New Riders and MSF Course Info
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2006, 01:54 PM   #1
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

MSF Basic class @ Spring Branch ISD, June pricing

$165 for the mos. of June

713-365-5660,

the only weekend i'm teaching at spring branch is 6/17, 6/18

but there are classes every weekend.

i'm teaching in Humble at AMTS 281-432-2524 weekend of 6/24
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Msf course spring branch KhmerStyle New Riders and MSF Course Info 4 04-08-2014 06:08 AM
Spring Branch MSF BRC whomikedao General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 01-20-2012 12:21 AM
Spring Branch ISD has MSF in August (nowhere else does) Daily Triumph New Riders and MSF Course Info 23 07-25-2008 10:12 AM
Spring Branch ISD MSF class... blends New Riders and MSF Course Info 3 05-13-2008 11:06 PM
MSF Basic class @ Spring Branch ISD, special pricing RACER X New Riders and MSF Course Info 40 05-20-2006 09:34 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-31-2006, 06:30 PM   #2
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

so its up $10? any MH discount or under the table offers?
Old 05-31-2006, 10:18 PM   #3
arch

What are the hours for the June 17, 18 classes? Address?
arch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 06:17 AM   #4
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo3rd
so its up $10? any MH discount or under the table offers?
sorry no, i'm just a peon/teacher there, normally it's $180, and i heard rumor that the state wanted it togo to $200.....YIKES

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch
What are the hours for the June 17, 18 classes? Address?
7-5 sat, 7-5 sun (but you may finish early on sun.)
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Old 06-08-2006, 06:36 AM   #5
jrock
straight shooter

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
address???
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 07:48 AM   #6
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

9016 Westview Room E-106

but it;s best to call and get the map faxed, the classroom is kinda hard to find.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Old 06-15-2006, 10:53 PM   #7
arch

Im enrolled in the class this weekend, with the rain and stormy weather forcasted will the class go on and what should we expect? Do I need to bring a change of clothes and rain gear?
Old 06-16-2006, 07:59 AM   #8
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

we ride rain or shine, we will stop if it starts to thunder and/or lightening. were going to do classroom all sat. morn. we'll goto "the range" play w/ the bikes then you'll go home. sun. we'll start out on "the range" and finish.

yes rain gear would be a good idea. change of clothes is up to you, you'll prolly drive home directly after class.

cya then

ed
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Old 06-18-2006, 09:19 PM   #9
arch

Course completed! Just some information to those considering taking the class, as others have said and I repeat here: this is highly reccomended for everyone at any skill level.

Spending 2 days of riding instructions, demos, and exercises with Ed and Renee are probably the best experience and advice I will ever get on a motorcycle.

Just for reference, I have never ridden a motorcycle before and this class was a personal experiment to see if I would enjoy the experience and eventually purchase a motorcycle for myself. With the small step by step intro exercises I was comfortable balancing and suprisingly riding on a motorcycle only an hour or so after sitting on one. Few more simple and basic exercises and we were shifting gears and riding up and down a controlled practice range, just the first day!

These guys will bring you a LONG way along in only a few hours if you have never ridden, so dont let that intimidate you from taking this class. Like myself, no prior experience necessary! There were 9 people in our class, 6 of them were experienced riders. 4 of them were proud new Harley owners. 3 of us are brand new to motorcycling and have never ridden before. So there is a variety of experience in each class. However all of us had something new to learn and experience, all of us needed proper instruction and critique. This class can benefit everyone.

Dont take the critiques and instructions personally (not that they are harsh, but dont be offended if you have alot of pride and experience), Ed and Renee are just telling you what to do to stay alive and upright on a motorcycle in a dangerous city. They do exactly what this course is designed for: teach and demonstrate real situations on a controlled course and how to handle them and not wreck or risk injury.

Even with 9 people in the class we each got personal evaluations, critiques, and advice after performing each exercise. I was one of the riders that needed a little more critique and a little more help on each exercise, but as I listened and followed thier directions (sometimes one step at a time despite being told 3 simultaneous things I needed to work on) I did improve, and learned proper techniques and what works. I learned my mistakes and I learned how to maintain control in a variety of situations.

Im not here to advertise and promote these guys, I already passed thier course. Im just here to explain my experience in thier class. They taught me the basic skills and have given me a foundation of exercises to practice and grow on to become a better rider. They had me, a first time rider riding a motorcycle within an hour or so! That is a major accomplishment itself for a noob! I know personally I still need alot more practice beyond what I got in this class. Now I know how to practice and what to practice instead of going by what a relative or friend told me to do to just get the bike rolling down the street which was the alternative I would rather not take going by the current accident statistics on such riders.

Ed and Renee are great instructors. They drill the basics and fundamentals, I still hear their voices in my head yelling to turn my head more around a turn at this moment. They stress your weaknesses (novice and experienced riders all demonstrated problem areas), tell you what to improve on, and work with you despite how long it takes individually to improve and correct mistakes right then and there. Dont take it the wrong way. Im not offended because I know my weak points and I will remember them when Im on my own, I will remember this directions and avoid the mistakes.

We learned and rode in the rain, then the hot humid sun. Im sunburned on my face, scalp, and neck, and I would still be willing to pay any new $200 fee for what I learned over the past 2 days. This class was worth the cost and the early wakeups to get there on time. We did ride, rain and shine as previously warned and I didnt mind a bit. We are in a city where this is never a perfect situation with traffic, raging drivers, unpredictable weather, and random road debris. Learning in the rain was probably the best situation to learn under. I always emphasize to myself to learn and practice things under the worst possible conditions and we definitely got to experience some of it in class.

Those conditions I think will make me a better rider and at least I have the experience of riding in those conditions on a controlled course. Waiting until the cool fall would have been nicer and more comfortable, but I gained alot more experience riding, practicing, and learning in the rain. Not to mention the throttle was sticking like crazy on my second bike, so not the perfect bike either. However nothing being perfect was actually "perfect" for me, I learned alot more from it that I would have if things would have been "nicer".

I highly reccomend this course and learned alot from it. I still need more practice, but at least now I know what and how to practice properly. Ed you're welcome to use my testimonial to other students and potential students. Thanks again for the lessons, the critiques, and the experience. I learned alot this weekend and have a new set of skills and foundation to practice and build on.

Mike
Old 06-18-2006, 09:23 PM   #10
Derek Steptoe
aka MULATTO

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
:-(

Send a message via AIM to Derek Steptoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X
sorry no, i'm just a peon/teacher there, normally it's $180, and i heard rumor that the state wanted it togo to $200.....YIKES

7-5 sat, 7-5 sun (but you may finish early on sun.)
Great, they're going to make it even less appealing to new riders
Derek Steptoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 09:26 PM   #11
Derek Steptoe
aka MULATTO

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
:-(

Send a message via AIM to Derek Steptoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X
we ride rain or shine, ...
That's no joke. When I took this class it was raining so hard we could barely see the -blessed cones! And you know, I wouldn't have it any other way because it helped with my fear right from the start of riding in the rain. Since that class, now I enjoy riding in rain/wet roads.
Derek Steptoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:43 PM   #12
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

dang mike, a "great class, learned alot, would recommend" woulda sufficed.........lol

great having you in class, glad you enjoyed it. lmk if you have any more ?'s.

Trump/Zimmerman 2016

Last edited by RACER X; 06-19-2006 at 03:31 PM.
Old 06-19-2006, 03:23 PM   #13
Tricki

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
2005 Suzuki Gsxr 750 Anniversary

Sounds like a highly recommended class. But what/where is AMTS in Humble?
Tricki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 03:29 PM   #14
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

http://www.amts.us/ , teaching there this weekend.

9450 Fm 1960 Rd W Humble, TX 77338-4243

it think it's the ol "garden ridge" storefront.

Toll Free 877-432-2524 or 281-432-2524
Fax: 281-592-8494
Trump/Zimmerman 2016

Last edited by RACER X; 06-19-2006 at 03:33 PM.

Advertisement