MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2006, 11:38 PM   #1
WFO

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2003 ZX9-R

Question ebay and cycleriderusa

Question for you all. I just won a bid on ebay for a new icon motorhead jacket. Think this is the second thing I've ever bid on. I am having a hard time contacting the seller and I can't figure out if he is a crook or just unresponsive. The seller has sold a bunch of stuff with very little negative feedback. Have any of you ever bought anything from cycleriderusa on ebay?? Any suggestions on how to figure out if this guy is legit??

thanks.
WFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
to eBay or not to eBay EverLucky1 General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 08-11-2009 08:47 PM
I need ebay help MudBug Off Topic 36 01-26-2009 10:07 PM
Ebay. Mr. Unassailable Off Topic 15 10-10-2008 08:02 AM
i got it on ebay..... rickykline Off Topic 11 07-16-2006 02:56 PM
Ebay AliceInChains02 Off Topic 3 03-27-2006 10:56 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-30-2006, 11:40 PM   #2
xxRAVENxx

Bike(s):
05 R1

did u already give him the money??
xxRAVENxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 11:42 PM   #3
elemental2

Bike(s):
zx6r

Send a message via ICQ to elemental2 Send a message via AIM to elemental2 Send a message via Yahoo to elemental2
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFO
Question for you all. I just won a bid on ebay for a new icon motorhead jacket. Think this is the second thing I've ever bid on. I am having a hard time contacting the seller and I can't figure out if he is a crook or just unresponsive. The seller has sold a bunch of stuff with very little negative feedback. Have any of you ever bought anything from cycleriderusa on ebay?? Any suggestions on how to figure out if this guy is legit??

thanks.

if its only been a few hours or even a day soem people take time to respond to there emails worst comes to worst you can contact ebay about the transaction it usually takes about a week and is only done after various attempts of contacting the seller they even give u his phone # if you have to go that far so just wait it out if you got any questions pm me i ebay alot
If a man is called to be a streetsweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted or Beethoven composed music He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause and say, "Here lived a great streetsweeper who did his job well..."

Don't take life to seriously; no one gets out alive.
elemental2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 11:42 PM   #4
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

when did you buy it? most shops are closed on mondays.

link to the ad would help.
Old 05-30-2006, 11:49 PM   #5
WFO

Bike(s):
2003 ZX9-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxRAVENxx
did u already give him the money??
nope, no money yet.
Old 05-30-2006, 11:57 PM   #6
WFO

Bike(s):
2003 ZX9-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo3rd
when did you buy it? most shops are closed on mondays.

link to the ad would help.
good point about monday.

I don't know what to link from ebay. Sorry. Seller is cycleriderusa, jacket is an 2006 ICON Motorhead. Price is good (apologize to the cycle gear guys but $125 on a $350 is significant).
Old 05-31-2006, 12:00 AM   #7
WFO

Bike(s):
2003 ZX9-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by elemental2
if its only been a few hours or even a day soem people take time to respond to there emails worst comes to worst you can contact ebay about the transaction it usually takes about a week and is only done after various attempts of contacting the seller they even give u his phone # if you have to go that far so just wait it out if you got any questions pm me i ebay alot
Thanks for the feedback, got their phone number, left a message, will see what happens.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:06 AM   #8
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFO
good point about monday.

I don't know what to link from ebay. Sorry. Seller is cycleriderusa, jacket is an 2006 ICON Motorhead. Price is good (apologize to the cycle gear guys but $125 on a $350 is significant).
when you visit the description of the item, just cut and paste the link in the adress bar. then we can see the closed ebay ad and visit his feedback, etc.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:35 AM   #9
WFO

Bike(s):
2003 ZX9-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo3rd
when you visit the description of the item, just cut and paste the link in the adress bar. then we can see the closed ebay ad and visit his feedback, etc.
Does this work??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWN%3AIT
Old 05-31-2006, 01:00 AM   #10
tschreck
It is what it is..

Bike(s):
GSXR-750
C1400
YZ-80

Send a message via Yahoo to tschreck
for that money you could have gotten a better quality jacket.
I've bought gear on ebay New for way better. Example: Teknic Speedstar Jacket. $500.00 retail. Sold- $200.00 plus shipping. You got to shop around and ask questions before you bid. If they don't respond to your question, **** em'...Keep shopping. They'll be in touch when they get back for the Holiday weekend madness trust me. I really think you gave $50- $75.00 to much. Anyway I don't buy ICON gear just because it's made in China and is not good rep. racing biker gear. New riders always waste there money first on these type brands before they learn for the others. No biggie!
tschreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 01:03 AM   #11
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
I've bought stuff from some high-volume dealers on eBay that never respond, but ship the product. They don't have time for most of the . If you bought it, pay for it using a credit card for your own protection. If you don't receive the item, just dispute the charge.
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 01:07 AM   #12
linjy2

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
02 SV650S
08 WR250X
08 CBR600RR

Send a message via AIM to linjy2
buy it, pay it, they ship it, no need to email them. i never email non of my sellers when i bid on a item, but then i dont worry as much.

as for paying to much, the price is good for a new model jacket. of course closeout jacket are cheaper. and last time i looked. all if not most moto gear moved to china. Astar, Dainese, Icon, Joe Rocket, Teknic.
linjy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 01:08 AM   #13
WFO

Bike(s):
2003 ZX9-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschreck
for that money you could have gotten a better quality jacket.
I've bought gear on ebay New for way better. Example: Teknic Speedstar Jacket. $500.00 retail. Sold- $200.00 plus shipping. You got to shop around and ask questions before you bid. If they don't respond to your question, **** em'...Keep shopping. They'll be in touch when they get back for the Holiday weekend madness trust me. I really think you gave $50- $75.00 to much. Anyway I don't buy ICON gear just because it's made in China and is not good rep. racing biker gear. New riders always waste there money first on these type brands before they learn for the others. No biggie!
LOL ... bought the jacket because after buzzing around at night with different folks I realized my black alpinestars jacket on my silver zx9-r is not highly visible to the cagers ... the ICON jacket is bright, white, and will hopefully help people see me ... I've only had my bike 2 months or 3200 miles, give me a couple months before getting into the race scene ... thanks
Old 05-31-2006, 01:12 AM   #14
rickykline
super squid

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
1999 yamaha r1 RIP
2005 zx10r

couple of months.. once your on two your in the scene.. lol at least most people think they are.. lol icon is a good jacket.. i love mine.. wish it was alittle smaller

I WISH MY GRASS WAS EMO SO IT WOULD CUT ITSELF....
rickykline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 01:30 AM   #15
WFO

Bike(s):
2003 ZX9-R

:BangHead:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickykline
couple of months.. once your on two your in the scene.. lol at least most people think they are.. lol icon is a good jacket.. i love mine.. wish it was alittle smaller
The jacket size is actually the problem. I selected medium, won it, but think I need a large. Yes, I should've figured this out from the get go but didn't realize there was an issue until I jumped on my bike with a medium and my wrists were showing. I wear a 42 regular suit jacket. Do you think it's better to go smaller or larger?
Old 05-31-2006, 01:34 AM   #16
rickykline
super squid

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
1999 yamaha r1 RIP
2005 zx10r

mines to big.. i hate it but until max buys a new one im stuck with mine

I WISH MY GRASS WAS EMO SO IT WOULD CUT ITSELF....
rickykline is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement