MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2006, 02:27 PM   #21
ownage
Banned

Feedback Rating: (0)

User is banned

ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pilot Powers DrAwkwArD General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 06-16-2010 11:45 PM
I need Pilot Powers For Cheap......Where??? DrunkMagnet General Discussion (Moto Related) 19 01-18-2007 02:39 PM
M3 or Pilot Power SportRider General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 10-31-2006 04:28 PM
Metzeler M3 anyone? huyzel General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 07-28-2006 11:10 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-30-2006, 05:30 PM   #22
Liqwed
UZAHOE

Yeah well I guess I'll look into the Pilot Road for my riding condition. I mean I would still like a good grip on them. Even if I do put on these Pilot road, I'll still notice a better grip than my bald tire right now correct? Even if I mainly ride freeways and such.

if4bae
:angry1: :angry1: :angry1: BIG BLUE BULLIES :angry1: :angry1: :angry1:
Liqwed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 05:38 PM   #23
zixx6r

I would get pilot roads. I've tested both the next gen metz M3 and the PP with the hardness tester, the M3's are higher durometer than the Pilot Power (75 vs 65). Potentially better wear for the M3's...but pilot roads will blow both of them away in the wear department. The M3 is a much different profile than the PP as well, especially on the rear.

One thing I like about the powers is that they stick, warm up quick even at street pressures, give way progressively when leaned, and have good wear characteristics for a pure sport street tire. Track or street, when pushed they will perform. I just had an incident this weekend that still leaves me in awe of this "street tire", basically leaned to the edge of the rubber (too much entry speed) dragging the spool on my swingarm and the case cover...I managed to save it with just my knee and like a square mm of tire surface. However, as said before they will flat spot if you do a lot of freeway droning. If you're not really pushing your tires (street riding), Pilot roads will probably give you better value for the money at this point in your riding.

When you start doing track days, Pilot Powers are a good tire to get your feet wet with aggressive riding.
zixx6r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 05:44 PM   #24
C-MONEY

like mr. butts said shinkos are good for street mileage wise and price-- i use the power race great tire can get smokin deals on them your interested hit me up $285 a set---- shinkos $200 a set
later bro
C-MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 05:50 PM   #25
Liqwed
UZAHOE

Thanks, but I sort of had my mind sent on Michelin. I would like to hit the twisties eventually, its just that I not yet comfortable leaning that far yet. Even when I bought the bike the tires were already bad I just never had the chance to replace them. I wonder how much of a confidence boost I'll get off of using some decent tires.

if4bae
:angry1: :angry1: :angry1: BIG BLUE BULLIES :angry1: :angry1: :angry1:
Liqwed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 05:52 PM   #26
Candie

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by durstgt
I like my Dunlop D208's, but I don't think they make them anymore.
I replaced my 208 with the qualifiers! And so far I have like them very much!
Old 05-30-2006, 06:07 PM   #27
DAHORN

Bike(s):
'06TRIUMPH BONNEVILLE,SPEED TRIPLE T509

Send a message via AIM to DAHORN
pirelli diablo, ok
Old 05-31-2006, 01:37 AM   #28
marlboroman71818
tramp

Bike(s):
05 busa

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to marlboroman71818
well ive had three different tires on my bike. bridgestone bt56, metzler m1 sportec and most recent the pilot power. i do not like the pilot power at all. the bridgestones and the metzler felt way sticker and felt like they just hold the road better. on the pilot power i power wheelie and the bike trys to lean and ride on the side of the tire. the metzler and bridgestone never did that. i wont buy another pilot power
marlboroman71818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 02:29 AM   #29
rickykline
super squid

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
1999 yamaha r1 RIP
2005 zx10r

i have metzlers m1 and i love them they slip a little when i put the hammer down in first and second.. but im on a liter bike too ...

I WISH MY GRASS WAS EMO SO IT WOULD CUT ITSELF....
rickykline is offline   Reply With Quote