MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2006, 10:02 AM   #1
StealthR6

Feedback Rating: (0)

An idiot needs some help

Ok, so i'm stupid, i let my roommate ride my bike and he dropped it cuz his was staring at the rpm gauge and not the road and almost got ran over so he panicked, slamed on the brakes, fell over and basically bent my clutch lever, scratched my bar end (eh, i dun really care about this one too much), and ruined my left side mid fairing and tail section. It's not too bad, but it's definitely noticeable.

So my question is... i'm looking into getting some race fairings pretty soon to replace my stock ones. I'll be converting it to street since the race fairings are so much cheaper and easier to maintain. I have all the tools to cut out the headlight assembly and taillights. My question however is, how do race fairings usually attach? like will the fairing stay work? do they use the stock screws on some of them? etc.

BTW, bike is 02 R6. I would get the paint scuffed fairings repaired since it's minimal, but i think the racing will look better once i'm done with what i have planned. Plus i'm not too happy about how the paint turned out on them anyways.
StealthR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ride like an idiot...crash like an idiot. VicTOEmizer Off Topic 29 02-02-2015 11:07 AM
Idiot here Nightshade General Discussion (Moto Related) 27 04-07-2007 01:45 PM
See how much of an idiot you really are! 2XTURBO Off Topic 0 02-17-2007 12:54 AM
what an idiot pester Off Topic 0 01-12-2007 10:52 PM
Idiot BigComfy How To's and Q & A's 9 11-21-2006 10:48 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-30-2006, 10:10 AM   #2
TxVrod

Friends don't let friends (or anyone else, for that matter) ride their bikes.
TxVrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 10:13 AM   #3
Mr.Butts
ROKABYE

Bike(s):
2006 GsxR 1000

The Race Fairings depending on the company manufacturing should have the same mounting holes if not you may have to drill your own. Regardless the bolts and thread pitch will be the same since the mounting brakets are on the bike itself.
Mr.Butts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 10:32 AM   #4
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

Race fairings will require you to drill them where the stock locations are. Most of the time, you will need to make your own brackets. Good luck making the headlight work on race fairings. I hope the headlight bolts onto the fairing stay. Otherwise, you will have to come up with something else.

If I were you, I would return to the stock fairings, get them fixed by my friend Jason Eubanks (professional bodyman) and painted by his brother Jeremy (professional painter) and get some frame sliders. You can reach them at (713) 822-7028.
Old 05-30-2006, 10:36 AM   #5
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmpastx

If I were you, I would return to the stock fairings, get them fixed by my friend Jason Eubanks (professional bodyman) and painted by his brother Jeremy (professional painter) and get some frame sliders. You can reach them at (713) 822-7028.
at your friends expense, since he caused the damage.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 10:36 AM   #6
TxVrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X
at your friends expense, since he caused the damage.
TxVrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 10:58 AM   #7
hoveringpilot
Chopper Pilot

Bike(s):
Chopper (Shovel Sporty)

ouch, that guy would have just lost a friend if i was you. GL with the fairings..
hoveringpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 11:45 AM   #8
C-MONEY

I THINK I SAW THAT HOT BODIES MAKES A STREET KIT FOR IT
C-MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement