Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2006, 07:03 PM   #101
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR

you're one cruel bastid. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Weird Lady
Mucus Membrane!
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Monday Dec 29th Yamawhore Events, Meets and Rides 3 12-28-2014 10:28 PM
Who wants to ride tom. 29th Japawhat02 Events, Meets and Rides 3 11-28-2007 11:09 PM
July 29th at TWS (Texas World Speedway)... Steve O Chap Taking it to the Track 212 08-16-2005 04:37 PM
August 29th lstd ufo34 Taking it to the Track 16 08-15-2005 07:28 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-02-2006, 07:07 PM   #102
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Well, I usually remind her that she could have avoided all this if she let me play football when I was a kid. lol
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
Old 06-03-2006, 11:06 AM   #103
Steve O Chap
Big Hero

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedismo
for somebody who carries 160-165mph even a bit past the embankment and not just '3' sign, carries 130+ into turn 7 while still accelerating, gets a knee down in turn 2,3,4,5,horseshoe, 12 etc, 2:14 trust me, is not what it would be.
Carrying 130mph into T7? Sounds a bit optimistic to me... I'm usually knee and toe down through T7 and I highly doubt I'm at 130mph.

And a knee down in T2... That's CMRA expert stuff.

Last time out with my new Ohlins rear I did a 2:02 and mostly 2:04-2:06s... best I've run yet. If you're really doing what you say you are, then you should be a 2:00 guy, not 2:14.
Old 06-03-2006, 11:47 AM   #104
speedismo
OCD for speed

Steve O, after the crash, i m feelin too fcking pisssed off to be humble and well mannered and . so listen dude, u r insulting me by saying " that sounds too optimistic" stuff. if i say i was doing 130, i say it becuase i saw it on the speedo BEFORE getting into the turn. i dont make up, and dont u ever insult me again by even insinuating at that.

and if u r getting ur knee down in T7, then u r turning too late, like most other folks... that's ALMOST a straight line turn, with a HUGE camber...u dont really need a knee down there.
and if a knee down in T2 is expert level stuff.. then.. thanks for the compliment.

i can say equally cynical things back to u, but i m too well educated to fight like a kid over the internet. i should be out at the track within a month, doing track days if not racing, come out and watch me... or better still come out and ride with me. i m sure u trust ur own eyes at least

Travelomy:Simplify your travel.
Old 06-03-2006, 12:37 PM   #105
Steve O Chap
Big Hero

Bike(s):
1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold

Quote:
Steve O, after the crash, i m feelin too fcking pisssed off to be humble and well mannered and . so listen dude, u r insulting me by saying " that sounds too optimistic" stuff. if i say i was doing 130, i say it becuase i saw it on the speedo BEFORE getting into the turn. i dont make up, and dont u ever insult me again by even insinuating at that.

and if u r getting ur knee down in T7, then u r turning too late, like most other folks... that's ALMOST a straight line turn, with a HUGE camber...u dont really need a knee down there.
and if a knee down in T2 is expert level stuff.. then.. thanks for the compliment.

i can say equally cynical things back to u, but i m too well educated to fight like a kid over the internet. i should be out at the track within a month, doing track days if not racing, come out and watch me... or better still come out and ride with me. i m sure u trust ur own eyes at least
Hahaha... you make me laugh. :icon_bigg

Must be PMSing... you're WAY to sensitive. Weren't you the one who told me that I'm not good enough for DOT race tires. Don't you think that was insulting to me?

BTW... have a great day.
Old 06-03-2006, 02:46 PM   #106
speedismo
OCD for speed

yups.. i m sensitive to some things.
and naah dude, never told ya u were not good enough for DOT tyres. had actually said that street tyres still hv a ton more potential... not just for u but for anybody. i know some folks who do sub 1:55s at TWS (Texas World Speedway) with street tyres!! makes sense?

anyway, no hard feelings stuff here.chillax

Old 06-03-2006, 11:24 PM   #107
PSYCHO1000
" 2 THE WALLS

Bike(s):
2005 GSXR PSYCHO1000, 2005 Kawi 636 Racebike

Quote:
yups.. i m sensitive to some things.
and naah dude, never told ya u were not good enough for DOT tyres. had actually said that street tyres still hv a ton more potential... not just for u but for anybody. i know some folks who do sub 1:55s at TWS (Texas World Speedway) with street tyres!! makes sense?

anyway, no hard feelings stuff here.chillax

+1 Have personally seen 1:54 - 1:55's on M1's on a 02 gixxer 750, and 1:55's on a 03 gixxer 1K with piece of stock BT012's in 100 degree temp. Of course, the Bt012's only lasted approx. 3 laps @ that speed before turning slick as owl and sliding the front end out in just about every turn. Just my 2 cents worth..........
Old 06-04-2006, 02:15 AM   #108
Buck Nasty
-playboy-

Bike(s):

I JUST GOT OUT OF PASADEna WOOOOOOOOOOOOT!! ok so back to this shyt. speedismo, i knwo for a fact you were above 100mph in the turns indicated because i was trying to stick with you, and you also carried top speed passed the cones when coming off the transition and yes, dragged knee though turn 2 , u braked a little too early and long for turn 3, thats where i wanted to pass but figured i didnt want to do any close proximity passing and stayed behind whe nu took off again. i kept thinking theres no fking way pilot powers could take the kinda riding you were doing but surprised they stuck so well through those fast turns. dude. we were hauling if thats cmra standards then i say join it, thats personaly the fastest ive done there im just glad u helped me find the right lines. and los, free loader? i hope u called ricky one too. cuz i dont think we met or talked much, if ur talking bout me and ricky sleeping on the floor of the hotel room cuz we got locked out of the track then pm me and let me know how much i owe ya.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:54 AM   #109
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Quote:
Mucus Membrane!
Old 06-04-2006, 10:36 AM   #110
zixx6r

Quote:
T7 is a very fast "turn" (you can square it off flat out) and I can believe you when you say you saw 130 on the speedo before tipping it in...but I have to believe you looked down at the speedo well before entering the turn at 130mph. I havent done track days at TWS (Texas World Speedway) in forever, am still pretty noob, and I've entered T7 at 115-120. However you will scrub speed in that turn to set up for T8.

T7 is my favorite, when you nail that turn at high speed and feel the forks compress as you clip the inside curbing that is a great feeling. Knee down fun, no...that's turn 6.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:17 AM   #111
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Nasty
I JUST GOT OUT OF PASADEna WOOOOOOOOOOOOT!! ok so back to this shyt. speedismo, i knwo for a fact you were above 100mph in the turns indicated because i was trying to stick with you, and you also carried top speed passed the cones when coming off the transition and yes, dragged knee though turn 2 , u braked a little too early and long for turn 3, thats where i wanted to pass but figured i didnt want to do any close proximity passing and stayed behind whe nu took off again. i kept thinking theres no fking way pilot powers could take the kinda riding you were doing but surprised they stuck so well through those fast turns. dude. we were hauling if thats cmra standards then i say join it, thats personaly the fastest ive done there im just glad u helped me find the right lines. and los, free loader? i hope u called ricky one too. cuz i dont think we met or talked much, if ur talking bout me and ricky sleeping on the floor of the hotel room cuz we got locked out of the track then pm me and let me know how much i owe ya.

you slept in my room with j14. you dont owe los anything.
Old 06-04-2006, 12:11 PM   #112
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve O Chap
Carrying 130mph into T7? Sounds a bit optimistic to me... I'm usually knee and toe down through T7 and I highly doubt I'm at 130mph.

And a knee down in T2... That's CMRA expert stuff.

Last time out with my new Ohlins rear I did a 2:02 and mostly 2:04-2:06s... best I've run yet. If you're really doing what you say you are, then you should be a 2:00 guy, not 2:14.
+1 tha'ts ****ing fast through that turn actually too fast and i think you woul dsmack the wall becuase it would aalmost be impossible to scrub off that speed for turn 9.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
Old 06-04-2006, 02:40 PM   #113
zixx6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187
+1 tha'ts ****ing fast through that turn actually too fast and i think you woul dsmack the wall becuase it would aalmost be impossible to scrub off that speed for turn 9.
You dont carry that much speed through the turn because it is an uphill, on camber, increasing radius corner where you enter fast and lose speed on the upslope. The suspension will compress and pin you to the tarmac. But your entry speed should be as high as possible because since it's increasing radius you can take it nearly flat out without much braking at all. Also since it's increasing radius, knee dragging would not be beneficial. Set up on the outside edge of the straight with as high a speed as you have the for and aim for the rumble strips on the inside for turn in.
Old 06-04-2006, 08:59 PM   #114
speedismo
OCD for speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSYCHO1000
+1 Have personally seen 1:54 - 1:55's on M1's on a 02 gixxer 750, and 1:55's on a 03 gixxer 1K with piece of stock BT012's in 100 degree temp. Of course, the Bt012's only lasted approx. 3 laps @ that speed before turning slick as owl and sliding the front end out in just about every turn. Just my 2 cents worth..........
yups, i was talkin about u when i gave that example.

Old 06-04-2006, 09:16 PM   #115
speedismo
OCD for speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Nasty
yups, i hv had some scares in T3, so i brake pretty early for that turn still. and trust me man, pilot powers stand up to that kind of riding, though sometimes, its kinda close to the limit MAYBE.
anyway, thanks for the kind words dude,there s still a loooooong way to go though. and u r quick guy too, keep a level head and just keep riding.

Old 06-04-2006, 09:21 PM   #116
speedismo
OCD for speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by zixx6r
You dont carry that much speed through the turn because it is an uphill, on camber, increasing radius corner where you enter fast and lose speed on the upslope. The suspension will compress and pin you to the tarmac. But your entry speed should be as high as possible because since it's increasing radius you can take it nearly flat out without much braking at all. Also since it's increasing radius, knee dragging would not be beneficial. Set up on the outside edge of the straight with as high a speed as you have the for and aim for the rumble strips on the inside for turn in.
exactly man, couldnt hv said it better. i keep on throttle till i m on the top of hill, then brake a bit, grab a downshift, keep scrubbing speed off thru turn 8, and get steady on throttle entering into turn 9. i m very slow thru turn 9, becuase i dread that wall, the one time i managed to take a look at the speedo thru that turn , i was doing just 74, though its easily a 90+ turn i think

and yes, i too LOVE that feeling of forks compressing in turn 7. it feels like being out in space weightless and then suddenly u get ur weight back. pretty cool.

Last edited by speedismo; 06-04-2006 at 09:23 PM.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:50 PM   #117
paniro187

all that and a 2:14??? :eh: for all that throttle you say you're laying on i've never seen someone so slow. you need to concnetrate more on sped than getting your knee down and posing for the camera.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown

Last edited by paniro187; 06-05-2006 at 09:54 PM.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:04 PM   #118
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo again

Quote:
Mucus Membrane!