MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2006, 10:00 PM   #81
Buck Nasty
-playboy-
 
Buck Nasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: south
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,126


Bike(s):
750









speedismo, i got stuck behind that chick on the pink bike, lets say u and me were side to side all the way around that lap, any rough idea on what our lap times would be? i know your timer was off, but have a feeling we would be running under 2:10's ??
Buck Nasty is offline  
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Monday Dec 29th Yamawhore Events, Meets and Rides 3 12-28-2014 10:28 PM
Who wants to ride tom. 29th Japawhat02 Events, Meets and Rides 3 11-28-2007 11:09 PM
July 29th at TWS (Texas World Speedway)... Steve O Chap Taking it to the Track 212 08-16-2005 04:37 PM
August 29th lstd ufo34 Taking it to the Track 16 08-15-2005 07:28 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-31-2006, 10:12 PM   #82
Buck Nasty
-playboy-
 
Buck Nasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: south
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,126


Bike(s):
750









also big thanks to motogp05 and that steering damper u hooked me up with, man i know that thing saved my a few times out there, now that i think of it i cant believe i was riding track without one. =)
Buck Nasty is offline  
Old 05-31-2006, 10:21 PM   #83
rickykline
super squid
 
rickykline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Porte
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,159

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
1999 yamaha r1 RIP
2005 zx10r





Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Nasty
speedismo, i got stuck behind that chick on the pink bike, lets say u and me were side to side all the way around that lap, any rough idea on what our lap times would be? i know your timer was off, but have a feeling we would be running under 2:10's ??
you were in level 1 speedismo was in level 2 how were you running with him??? 2:10 are you kidding me????
__________________
its RICKY KLINE

I WISH MY GRASS WAS EMO SO IT WOULD CUT ITSELF....
rickykline is offline  
Old 05-31-2006, 10:23 PM   #84
ownage
Banned
 
ownage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 7,547












User is banned

.
ownage is offline  
Old 05-31-2006, 10:27 PM   #85
Buck Nasty
-playboy-
 
Buck Nasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: south
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,126


Bike(s):
750









ricky, your the most oblivious happy ending giver ive ever met, youve got everything and anything from TWS (Texas World Speedway) wrong. next time man up and get out on the track so u know wtf is going on
Buck Nasty is offline  
Old 06-01-2006, 10:27 AM   #86
speedismo
OCD for speed
 
speedismo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,115












Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Nasty
speedismo, i got stuck behind that chick on the pink bike, lets say u and me were side to side all the way around that lap, any rough idea on what our lap times would be? i know your timer was off, but have a feeling we would be running under 2:10's ??
no ideas man. unless u do time it, its real tough to guess ur timings. plus, i m really confused by what i saw when i used Arturo's lap timer. I dont wanna speculate, but something was not right..either my brain, or the timing mechanism. I wanted to make sure using Leo's timer next session, but happened and I crashed.
__________________
Mama, I wanna go fassssssst!
Two wheels. Never more. Never less.

Travelomy:Simplify your travel.
speedismo is offline  
Old 06-01-2006, 01:03 PM   #87
Los
Gang Member
 
Los's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Katy\NW
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 17,174

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6








Send a message via AIM to Los
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Nasty
ricky, your the most oblivious happy ending giver ive ever met, youve got everything and anything from TWS (Texas World Speedway) wrong. next time man up and get out on the track so u know wtf is going on
And your the biggest Freeloader I have ever seen.
__________________
4v82zk8
Koskesh....RIP Brotha.... 4/22/07
Los is offline  
Old 06-01-2006, 01:10 PM   #88
fuknrobert
the necessary villain
 
fuknrobert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Hideout
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 14,959

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'04 R6, '05 70, '04 fiddy!









+1 gafukingzillion
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentgixxer
im not a midget , i was actually born with a type of dwarfism, but i took medication for 12 yrs to reach just 5'6"
fuknrobert is offline  
Old 06-01-2006, 01:24 PM   #89
Mad Max
Senior Member
 
Mad Max's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: norway
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 1,407












Send a message via AIM to Mad Max
buck...settle ur down. ur starting to sound like your old self...

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8652

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8388
Mad Max is offline  
Old 06-01-2006, 01:26 PM   #90
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss
 
arturo3rd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Meadows Place, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 14,068

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight









Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max
private eye max?
__________________
motobanner new
arturo3rd is offline  
Old 06-01-2006, 01:27 PM   #91
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero
 
ArturoC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atascocita
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 23,248


Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage





Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedismo
no ideas man. unless u do time it, its real tough to guess ur timings. plus, i m really confused by what i saw when i used Arturo's lap timer. I dont wanna speculate, but something was not right..either my brain, or the timing mechanism. I wanted to make sure using Leo's timer next session, but happened and I crashed.

I feel a bit guilty about your crash. Then again, you crashed with Leo's timer, not mine. lol

It's almost always dissappointing to look at the lap timer for the first time and not see what you expecting. But the timer doesn't lie. It's the humbler. :icon_smil

Some people advise against using lap timers because they say they can cause crashes when people start chasing lap times. :dontknow:
__________________
Blog | Pics | YouTube
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline  
Old 06-01-2006, 01:30 PM   #92
Mad Max
Senior Member
 
Mad Max's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: norway
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 1,407












Send a message via AIM to Mad Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo3rd
private eye max?
sometimes i just get tired of reading the same old .
Mad Max is offline  
Old 06-01-2006, 09:01 PM   #93
ratmzapa
Guest
 
Posts: n/a







Member Garage





PAWNED!
 
Old 06-02-2006, 09:56 AM   #94
speedismo
OCD for speed
 
speedismo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,115












Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturoC
I feel a bit guilty about your crash. Then again, you crashed with Leo's timer, not mine. lol

It's almost always dissappointing to look at the lap timer for the first time and not see what you expecting. But the timer doesn't lie. It's the humbler. :icon_smil

Some people advise against using lap timers because they say they can cause crashes when people start chasing lap times. :dontknow:
yups, i dont mind accepting that that was one reason. not that i was too hot in there, but yeah, i had upped the act a lil bit after seeing the time.
and no man, u dont hv to feel guilty, nor Leo. it was my decision to use the timer and consequences r my responsibility.

on a lighter note, i guess finally heard my mom's prayers about stopping me from racing and all and this was his way of ensuring that. kinda lousy the way he did it though
__________________
Mama, I wanna go fassssssst!
Two wheels. Never more. Never less.

Travelomy:Simplify your travel.
speedismo is offline  
Old 06-02-2006, 10:06 AM   #95
speedismo
OCD for speed
 
speedismo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,115












Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturoC

It's almost always dissappointing to look at the lap timer for the first time and not see what you expecting. But the timer doesn't lie. It's the humbler. :icon_smil
but then again man, i m gonna go back out there and time me again sometime. i m pretty realistic..not one of those ppl who live in their illusions. for somebody who carries 160-165mph even a bit past the embankment and not just '3' sign, carries 130+ into turn 7 while still accelerating, gets a knee down in turn 2,3,4,5,horseshoe, 12 etc, 2:14 trust me, is not what it would be. i hv run racer's group a couple of times and i dint really hate my riding out there.

i m not sayin i was doing 2:00s, becuase i was braking pretty early and all, but smthing arnd 2:05- 2:07 would be right for those speeds.

again, not saying that timer was wrong... it was probably smthing in my head... but will get out there another day and figure out what it was
__________________
Mama, I wanna go fassssssst!
Two wheels. Never more. Never less.

Travelomy:Simplify your travel.
speedismo is offline  
Old 06-02-2006, 12:39 PM   #96
PSYCHO1000
" 2 THE WALLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: cypress,tx
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 266


Bike(s):
2005 GSXR PSYCHO1000, 2005 Kawi 636 Racebike









Quote:
Originally Posted by speedismo
but then again man, i m gonna go back out there and time me again sometime. i m pretty realistic..not one of those ppl who live in their illusions. for somebody who carries 160-165mph even a bit past the embankment and not just '3' sign, carries 130+ into turn 7 while still accelerating, gets a knee down in turn 2,3,4,5,horseshoe, 12 etc, 2:14 trust me, is not what it would be. i hv run racer's group a couple of times and i dint really hate my riding out there.

i m not sayin i was doing 2:00s, becuase i was braking pretty early and all, but smthing arnd 2:05- 2:07 would be right for those speeds.

again, not saying that timer was wrong... it was probably smthing in my head... but will get out there another day and figure out what it was





+1 WELL PUT, Kalkat!
PSYCHO1000 is offline  
Old 06-02-2006, 02:20 PM   #97
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero
 
ArturoC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atascocita
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 23,248


Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage





Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedismo
on a lighter note, i guess finally heard my mom's prayers about stopping me from racing and all and this was his way of ensuring that. kinda lousy the way he did it though

Same here! :laughing6
__________________
Blog | Pics | YouTube
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline  
Old 06-02-2006, 06:20 PM   #98
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.
 
hotcknstrips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Tomball
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 15,696

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR









problem is Arturo, you weren't racing Monday.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsuki
I am going to kiss your my friend!!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Weird Lady
Mucus Membrane!
hotcknstrips is offline  
Old 06-02-2006, 06:48 PM   #99
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero
 
ArturoC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atascocita
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 23,248


Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage





Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChickenStrips
problem is Arturo, you weren't racing Monday.

Are you sure? :laughing6
__________________
Blog | Pics | YouTube
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline  
Old 06-02-2006, 06:52 PM   #100
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero
 
ArturoC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atascocita
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 23,248


Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage





Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
To my mom, track = racing. lol I didn't bother mentioning THIS crash when she called. Normally, just to rattle her, I'll tell her all the brutal details.. "oh man.. you shoulda seen me go over the bars and land on my head.. I don't know HOW I DIDN"T get run over by the guys behind me" lol She's usually in tears by this point.. :icon_bigg
__________________
Blog | Pics | YouTube
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil

Last edited by ArturoC; 06-02-2006 at 06:56 PM.
ArturoC is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:01 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy