Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2010, 07:49 PM   #1
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Preparation 4 the New Thieving Year

Yes, its always that time of year... but more so when the bikes come out from hiding for clear,warm weather riders.

Since mine was taken in March of last year, and the rash following... we havent forgotten.

I have limited resources myself but after being a bit of a poster child for other quiet parties that see this, see that etc etc... and learning how 'in the face' you need to shove cops into the circle of thieves to get a bike recovered even with proof... myself and other to remain nameless individuals have deviced a short but slowly building fleet of bikes.

What you say?

*note-full coverage and lojack are great tools after the bike is stolen*

1)--------
Let's call them entrapment bikes

Bikes fitted w lojack, w no one knowing nor admitting it has lojack.

All the bikes that have been fitted will be parked in areas presumed to be hot spots. Yes, apartment complexes too.

2)--------
Alarms... Lojack helps you AFTER the bike has been taken. Alarms will only do so much; I've heard alot of members say 'unless you put on an ignition kill its useless..'..... dumbazz, they arent hotwiring these bikes, they push them over and carry them away.

Both the local rings and the international ring tear the bikes apart and sell as parts or buy frames out of state/city and swap the parts on, resell in another area..... yes fkrs, I know... Your people do talk w enough drinks or pursuation.

So, plan number two........

Alarms; loud audible, visual alarms w pager systems can be found on ebay for as low as 80 dollars shipped. No, they arent as fancy as the great 300 plus dollar alarms which I will always recommend.

Here's my plan. yes, they come w autostart etc, etc... but Im not offering my time for that. If you want the very basic, basic power/ground/ignition on signal for the alarm to function, I will wire that up. No, Im not installing the whole alarm, run an led etc; im offering my time in the pursuit of preventing bike theft before lojack and insurance comes into play. Remember alarms are only deterants.

I mean absolutely no disrespect to our sponsors, Im just offering an alternative to people to protect their bikes. If you prefer a sponsor to install it, hid the wires, run the sirens, back up batteries etc please refer to them.

I recommend you make sure you can install the remainder of the alarm yourself or have plans to get someone that can if not seeking a sponsor.

At no time should an alarm itself be used as your only source of protection for your bike/investment. Remember out of sight, out of mind.

If interested:

1) Please re-read everything above carefully and consider/weigh options.

2) If installing lojack, your time is done. Tell no one. See our sponsors for competative pricing.

3) If you wish to have information on our bikes we equipped... fk off. That info is not going to be shared. I trust no one in this respect but certain people I've known for a bit.

4) If interested in the alarm... remember, Im offering my own time to wire up the basic alarm since many are not comfortable w electronics. That's all Im offering and I continue to mention its better others dont know you have it if you're willing to hold a gun to someone's head that you find sitting on it

The alarms on my bikes Im open about; your welcome to take a look at how they function at a meet and greet etc. Just ask me.

For a complete alarm install, or a more advanced alarm system see our sponsors.

Id recommend responding w a PM, again Im will take no compensation; this is merely to help the community.

Im sure the flamers will be posting below this post soon. I wish everyone had the money to pay for full coverage insurance, lojack etc etc... I know I was taken at an opportunity that I had to drop full coverage due to financial strain. Things happen.

This post is just my way of saying I'd rather be a small part of the solution then ***** about the problem.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thieving stories Squoddybody Off Topic 34 02-28-2012 11:36 AM
'Preparation of a Terrorist Attack' tonyt915 Off Topic 46 08-31-2010 04:19 PM
cops thieving daughter kept out of jail SMH craigntx Off Topic 6 08-07-2010 02:34 PM
Thieving Octopus Navajib Off Topic 10 04-21-2010 12:57 AM
Water Thieving Neighbor Navajib Off Topic 50 02-11-2009 01:01 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-23-2010, 07:54 PM   #2
PYROBUG51
GMFS Racing

Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 750 Track
06 R6 Track

04 ZX6RR NINJA (STOLEN)

+1
PYROBUG51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:56 PM   #3
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr

Again, I cannot reiterate enough I mean no disrespect to sponsors...

So on the alarm proposal I will only be installing the three wires for the basic part of the alarm to work, no charge and on my personal time

For a complete install, seek the sponsors.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:56 PM   #4
kdog22
Wheelie it son..

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage

amen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
kdog22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:56 PM   #5
maxgs

Member Garage

if it's a pro ring, wouldn't they know how to remove lo-jack?
Old 02-23-2010, 08:03 PM   #6
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr

Most will steal and ditch the bike immediately, wait 48hrs and then go back to it.

Thats the easiest way to check for lojack.

Remember its to low names that do the stealing... they are a dime a dozen. But if we make their job more difficult it puts strain on everything.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:08 PM   #7
ThomasNinja650
SSG Coleman

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650-R

I agree also. Just my .02 but if you're buying a bike, why wouldn't you take the extra steps to make sure no one gets their thieving hands on your bike? I know insurance is costly but nothing compared to being totally out of pocket when your ride is stolen.

I like the idea you have there Cali. it's down right great that you're offering your time to help others prevent a loss. I know there's a few members here that live in "Hot Spots" and I urge you to not have the attitude that "Oh, that won't happen to me!" Eventually it might.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:19 PM   #8
PYROBUG51
GMFS Racing

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 750 Track
06 R6 Track

04 ZX6RR NINJA (STOLEN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
Most will steal and ditch the bike immediately, wait 48hrs and then go back to it.

Thats the easiest way to check for lojack.

Remember its to low names that do the stealing... they are a dime a dozen. But if we make their job more difficult it puts strain on everything.
Fk thieves...Im down
Old 02-23-2010, 08:20 PM   #9
DMack
Just getting by

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
Yamaha haha

Low jack is sold unseen and installed. Not even the owner knows where it is. As for alarms I am all for it. I have the top of the line alarm as Matt was talking about. It cost a pretty penny but worth it to me. Matt if you need help you know how to find me. Living the same problems as Cali and Pyro you can bet we will never get caught off gaurd again. We know what it feels like to walk out and find an empty place where your shizz was. It takes your breath away and days to come to the realization that it really is gone. But this is our year Cali and Pyro and anyone eles in our group. Lets have some fun this summer without any worries. We are covered!!!!!
DMack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:24 PM   #10
maxgs

Member Garage

I'm still shocked over Pyro's bike theft. Y'all wouldn't believe where his bike was parked and how close we were to it. Unbelievable.

-Curt
Old 02-23-2010, 08:25 PM   #11
PYROBUG51
GMFS Racing

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 750 Track
06 R6 Track

04 ZX6RR NINJA (STOLEN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMack View Post
Low jack is sold unseen and installed. Not even the owner knows where it is. As for alarms I am all for it. I have the top of the line alarm as Matt was talking about. It cost a pretty penny but worth it to me. Matt if you need help you know how to find me. Living the same problems as Cali and Pyro you can bet we will never get caught off gaurd again. We know what it feels like to walk out and find an empty place where your shizz was. It takes your breath away and days to come to the realization that it really is gone. But this is our year Cali and Pyro and anyone eles in our group. Lets have some fun this summer without any worries. We are covered!!!!!
Ohhh yeah I wanna catch a bike thief this year also

MH's to catch a bike theif
Old 02-23-2010, 09:27 PM   #12
ThomasNinja650
SSG Coleman

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650-R

I wouldn't mind being on the -kicking committee once Cali's busa is found. That's going to be epic.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:34 PM   #13
gtdrivr
Al Gore lied to me.

Bike(s):
CBR954 arrrr arrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post
I'm still shocked over Pyro's bike theft. Y'all wouldn't believe where his bike was parked and how close we were to it. Unbelievable.

-Curt
I believe it. I was 30 ft away with the window open when mine disappeared. I didnt hear or see .

Riding the back roads of heaven.

gtdrivr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:20 PM   #14
Street Ninja
Banned

Bike(s):
\_(ツ)_/

User is banned

Street Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:28 PM   #15
motoxtreme86

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
01 zx6r
07 gsxr 600 sold
05 gsxr 600 sold

i have a question.. what is stoping them from hot wiring it once they push it away from where its at??
motoxtreme86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:30 PM   #16
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr

Nothing.

Only an idiot would ride around on a stolen bike or attempt to sell it.

If they hot wire it, they will need to break the steering lock which would require an ignition lock or frame to be replaced to fix. Little hard to sell that way.

Any insurance company and DPS will be flagged if a stolen VIN is registered or attempted to be insured.

Bikes are worth more in pieces then stolen together.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:34 PM   #17
xhangyx

Feedback Rating: (18)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
09 repsol
06 r6 *track*
08 cbr1000rr Repsol fairings
07 crf70
02 crf450

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
Nothing.

Only an idiot would ride around on a stolen bike or attempt to sell it.

If they hot wire it, they will need to break the steering lock which would require an ignition lock or frame to be replaced to fix. Little hard to sell that way.

Any insurance company and DPS will be flagged if a stolen VIN is registered or attempted to be insured.

Bikes are worth more in pieces then stolen together.
Yup. I would say 90% of people lock their steering when they get off their bikes. I would also say that 90% of bikes that get stolen get their steering lock broken in about 1 second so they can steer the bike away from the scene. Riding it, much less selling it, is pretty much outta the question.
xhangyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:35 PM   #18
xhangyx

Feedback Rating: (18)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
09 repsol
06 r6 *track*
08 cbr1000rr Repsol fairings
07 crf70
02 crf450

anyone have the link to the post where a MH member caught the guy stealing his bike on his surveillance camera? this is a perfect example of how long it takes someone to do the act of stealing the bike
xhangyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:46 PM   #19
spyderryder
Paid Poser

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 1k
2006 r6-sold
2002 gsxr 600-sold
95 yzf 600-sold

Send a message via MSN to spyderryder Send a message via Yahoo to spyderryder
Thieves get pretty gutsy (stupid). My hubby and I were living in college station when he had his bike stolen. He lived in really nice apartments and we had just got back from playing volleyball. Ran inside to change into our swimsuits (literally 5 minutes tops) and came out to find it gone. He was parked in between my bike and another bike (all parked close together). It wasn't my bike, but it made me so sick to my stomach!! Stupid losers who can't go out and get a real job and make an HONEST living!
spyderryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:47 PM   #20
HawkinsYZF

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2009 R1

i always watch that bait car show on tv, I always thought about it for bikes. Cool to see something similar.

I have a two way alarm on bike, it's friggin awesome. Although it only protects to much, it does keep idiots from messing with my bike. AND it has a satisfying feeling when i arm it, people around me hear it and know I'm the real deal.
HawkinsYZF is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement