MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2010, 10:26 AM   #41
morvegil
Banned

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter

User is banned

Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dear Mr. CBR Rider petah50 Off Topic 28 02-24-2010 01:25 PM
dear R6 rider on 45 last night BigComfy General Discussion (Moto Related) 34 05-03-2009 08:13 PM
Busa, Busa, UGLY Busa navigator General Discussion (Moto Related) 38 01-10-2009 01:34 AM
busa rider down.... camaroz2866 General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 06-27-2007 09:59 PM
499 hp busa/Ghost Rider tcmatt General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 02-04-2006 10:43 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-23-2010, 11:14 AM   #42
Reemdog
Drink Saki

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'97 kawasaki ZX-6 *stolen*
'09 Kawasaki ZX-6r *crashed*
'01 Honda VFR

Its a forum! this is where you come to say whatever you want blow off some steam or whatever like going to the barber shop or the bar.

Ride dirty
Ride hard
Old 02-23-2010, 11:29 AM   #43
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Darwinism gives me more opportunity to procreate and keep this species alive.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:43 AM   #44
DanteLee
Sexy Dynamite

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
suzuki katana 96(sold)
honda cbr f4i 06 (sold)
ride my neighbors harley cuz he doesnt ride it

this thread does NOT make me rofl....
Old 02-23-2010, 11:48 AM   #45
Badzx14r
Banned

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Old 02-23-2010, 01:10 PM   #46
petah50

Bike(s):
2012 BMW S1000RR
2011 HD XR1200X
2012 Ducati Monster 696

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reemdog View Post
Its a forum! this is where you come to say whatever you want blow off some steam or whatever like going to the barber shop or the bar.
That's what I thought, guess not. Anyways, I could have cared less what type of Bike he was on. It had nothing to do with the Busa, that is just what he happened to be riding. I could really care less what he doing, it was just my opinion of what I saw. Like or not, its mine and I can voice it, does not mean he needs to listen to it. I would have been happy to tell him, but cant really do that on the freeway, lord knows he did not need any additional distractions.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:12 PM   #47
ddgtomahawk
Write my name! \/

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2016 R1
2001 Honda CBR929 RE
2005 Honda CBR600RR
2007 R6S

Quote:
Originally Posted by petah50 View Post
That's what I thought, guess not. Anyways, I could have cared less what type of Bike he was on. It had nothing to do with the Busa, that is just what he happened to be riding. I could really care less what he doing, it was just my opinion of what I saw. Like or not, its mine and I can voice it, does not mean he needs to listen to it. I would have been happy to tell him, but cant really do that on the freeway, lord knows he did not need any additional distractions.
Well welcome to the forums, you should meet racer x you two will get along fine.

Come here you little cake eating sieg heil .
Old 02-23-2010, 01:16 PM   #48
SW@T
SWAGGA OF A CRIPPLE!!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Track= 07 600RR
Street= 09 R6 white/red

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
Pfft, gear .

I am a expert, and I ride NGATT
Old 02-23-2010, 01:17 PM   #49
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold

threads like this is the reason i dont log on here much anymore.. just gets old...

like any one cares.. hahahahhahahh

What part of "I Don't Care", Don't you Understand?
Old 02-23-2010, 03:11 PM   #50
Wideout

Bike(s):
'08 busa

Quote:
Give him a one-fingered salute next time and see what happens. You'd need to take your hands off 'the controls' though.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:20 PM   #51
Reemdog
Drink Saki

Bike(s):
'97 kawasaki ZX-6 *stolen*
'09 Kawasaki ZX-6r *crashed*
'01 Honda VFR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badzx14r View Post
not really . the forum police will lock it down ..this forum is really bad about that
Ahh rubbish

Quote:
Its all in good fun and "some" education on these things how else are we going to get the answers to tough questions without getting too embarrased*. Some folks are just born with sandy vahignas.

and Busas suck

Ride dirty
Ride hard
Old 02-23-2010, 04:32 PM   #52
train460
speed junky

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
88 v-max
05 Honda Goldwing
85 V-max (wifes)
05 Vtx 1300 (wifes)

i am wondering if there is a busa rider out there that does not like their bike?
the only bike i really didn't like was my 06 fz1. I had an 02 and loved it but didn't care for the 06.
I also am wondering about all the bike bashing, how many bashers have actually RIDDEN the bike they are bashing? How can you have an opinion about something that u have never spent time on? Sure looks count for something to that person but to say a bike sucks just cuz of looks?

Years ago i was on one of the BIG motohouston rides to galveston. Like 60+ bikes. the rides was maybe 75 miles tops. we sure needed some cheese after that ride to go with all the wine as it was TOO far etc etc. I have had 500+ mile days on my busa but then i like to RIDE it, not sit and stare at it.
my 02 as usual
michael
88 v-max
Old 02-23-2010, 05:11 PM   #53
viper3ez
Hello, My Name Is Nuvie

Experience: 1-3 months

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to viper3ez Send a message via MSN to viper3ez Send a message via Yahoo to viper3ez Send a message via Skype™ to viper3ez
Quote:
yes, you could have cared less what he was doin but in this case, you cared more; enough to start another "i saw someone without gear thread". that is a lot of caring for someone who could have cared less.

if someone has a bike and think they are supercool by not wearing proper protective clothing, talk to them if you get the chance and it may save their life someday. if you dont gett a chance, oh well, natural selection will do its job.

making a thread about it, lets see, you'll get a lot of comments on it saying thee person was a tool, etc. the thread wont help that person who is very likely not here.

so in the end the thread loooks like an attention getting "i'm cool, i wear protective gear but saw someone else who did not" thread and not the "i'm expressing my opinion thread" you want it to be.

if you disagree, please tell us what opinion you expressed from starting this thread. "the opinion that that rider was uncool?"
Old 02-23-2010, 05:40 PM   #54
petah50

Bike(s):
2012 BMW S1000RR
2011 HD XR1200X
2012 Ducati Monster 696

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper3ez View Post
yes, you could have cared less what he was doin but in this case, you cared more; enough to start another "i saw someone without gear thread". that is a lot of caring for someone who could have cared less.

if someone has a bike and think they are supercool by not wearing proper protective clothing, talk to them if you get the chance and it may save their life someday. if you dont gett a chance, oh well, natural selection will do its job.

making a thread about it, lets see, you'll get a lot of comments on it saying thee person was a tool, etc. the thread wont help that person who is very likely not here.

so in the end the thread loooks like an attention getting "i'm cool, i wear protective gear but saw someone else who did not" thread and not the "i'm expressing my opinion thread" you want it to be.

if you disagree, please tell us what opinion you expressed from starting this thread. "the opinion that that rider was uncool?"
Its not a matter of "cool" if you ride to be "cool" thats your choice. I ride because I love to ride. I could care less how I look or how fastr I go as long as I am having fun. I am more concerned with people getting hurt. Yeah you can say natural selection and that is true. If I was in a place to talk to the guy I would have. Maybe he never thought of those things, maybe he would blow me off. What I care more about is doing 60-70 weaving in an out while looking backwards ( I'm not talking glancing, these were extended times) . Screw him, its the innocent people I care about. I has a friend killed by a biker who was weaving in an out of traffic an did not stop for a red light. He t-boned him and killed him. That was pretty cool!
Old 02-23-2010, 05:47 PM   #55
DrAwkwArD
Banned

Trackdays: 9

User is banned

Old 02-23-2010, 05:49 PM   #56
DanteLee
Sexy Dynamite

Bike(s):
suzuki katana 96(sold)
honda cbr f4i 06 (sold)
ride my neighbors harley cuz he doesnt ride it

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAwkwArD View Post
Then be a police officer. And post on a law enforcement forum.
this isnt a law enforcement forum? dang i wanted free donuts...
Old 02-23-2010, 05:56 PM   #57
superkat
Banned

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
954rr sold
2001 kawi zx6r sold
o2 eff 4 easy
honda fiddy

Member Garage

User is banned

Old 02-23-2010, 06:03 PM   #58
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Riding w one hand and swerving is stunting for busa riders.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:08 PM   #59
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
Riding w one hand and swerving is stunting for busa riders.
I do it all the time...

What part of "I Don't Care", Don't you Understand?
Old 02-23-2010, 06:31 PM   #60
viper3ez
Hello, My Name Is Nuvie

Experience: 1-3 months

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to viper3ez Send a message via MSN to viper3ez Send a message via Yahoo to viper3ez Send a message via Skype™ to viper3ez
Quote:
Its not a matter of "cool" if you ride to be "cool" thats your choice. I ride because I love to ride. I could care less how I look or how fastr I go as long as I am having fun. I am more concerned with people getting hurt. Yeah you can say natural selection and that is true. If I was in a place to talk to the guy I would have. Maybe he never thought of those things, maybe he would blow me off. What I care more about is doing 60-70 weaving in an out while looking backwards ( I'm not talking glancing, these were extended times) . Screw him, its the innocent people I care about. I has a friend killed by a biker who was weaving in an out of traffic an did not stop for a red light. He t-boned him and killed him. That was pretty cool!

well sorry about your friend. my point is, the person more than likely would not read this. i understand you care. but the subject did nothing illegal. and you did not get a chance to talk to them. so this thread really does not help that person. this is just a repeat of a thread i have seen way too much on here.

let them pay for their decisions. it could have been way worse(shorts, tshirts and sandals)

i personally would not wear full leather suit with boots everyday even though i know they'll save my when t goes down. i bought a bike for commuting to and from school so i'll wear jeans, gloves, helmet and a jacket. someone is still going to see me and have something to say about it.

if you cant pass the message accross to that person you observed, there really is no point posting it.

think of it, if everyone of us posted a thread everytime we saw someone on a bike without full gear, how much fun would that be?

and as far as the BUSA controversy, i'm sure you know the controversy about that yet you made your thread subject around "busa rider"

i can see how that was an ijnteresting subject but from the other side it looks like another unwarranted attack on the busa.

then again, this is a free country and you have your opinions.
Closed Thread

Advertisement