MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2010, 01:38 AM   #61
MudBug
Banned

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
need a lic. plate run... ArtistMarty General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 01-11-2012 06:41 PM
Do cops run all Lic Plates when behind you? tonyt915 Off Topic 23 10-22-2010 05:51 AM
Need a lic plate ran, please. Redux Off Topic 4 05-28-2010 11:13 AM
How did you tuck your lic. plate? Spanish Fly General Discussion (Moto Related) 30 05-22-2007 10:20 PM
Drivers Lic. point system, a must read CarbonJames Off Topic 6 01-26-2006 06:38 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-23-2010, 01:41 AM   #62
civicious

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
TZR250

Howabout a 'why can't anyone make a post that you don't have to read more than once to understand what's being said' thread?
10541 FM 1960 W #300 - (281) 477-3038
http://www.idbracing.com
Old 02-23-2010, 01:41 AM   #63
AJFLo

Feedback Rating: (8)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudBug View Post
To find out why ao many folks want their race lic. No different then the "why don't you knee pads" thread or any other thread asking a motorcycle related question. If I was stirring a pot I'd said "Hey Ryne you slow fck, why you want your race lic!" lol.
Racing also makes you faster. Look at some of the Prov Novs that raced at TWS (Texas World Speedway). I know of some that ran there fastest times, dropping 5 secs or more!
Iím really happy for you and Iím going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
Old 02-23-2010, 01:43 AM   #64
The Trav
slowpoke

Feedback Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by civicious View Post
Howabout a 'why can't anyone make a post that you don't have to read more than once to understand what's being said' thread?
times 100 billion! more true words have not been spoken.
I will not allow myself the weakness to lay aside responsibility of my actions to a higher power and write that weakness off as destiny. Vigilance, intelligence and discipline keep us alive out there.
-kib
Rest In Peace Chris Owens aka faster321, you will be missed...
Old 02-23-2010, 01:53 AM   #65
MudBug
Banned

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

Old 02-23-2010, 01:56 AM   #66
AJFLo

Feedback Rating: (8)

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

Quote:
so having your race lic makes you faster? I need a few of them. Lol.
You get faster chasing people to get a higher place. Why don't you get a Race License?
Iím really happy for you and Iím going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
Old 02-23-2010, 01:59 AM   #67
civicious

Bike(s):
TZR250

Quote:
Those all get locked and removed. Lol

Quote:
To find out why ao many folks want their race lic. No different then the "why don't you knee pads" thread or any other thread asking a motorcycle related question. If I was stirring a pot I'd said "Hey Ryne you slow fck, why you want your race lic!" lol.

DoubleFacePalm
10541 FM 1960 W #300 - (281) 477-3038
http://www.idbracing.com
Old 02-23-2010, 02:04 AM   #68
MudBug
Banned

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

Old 02-23-2010, 08:38 AM   #69
BigComfy

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

A couple of years ago I had gotten mine bc of OakHill w/o the intention of racing. I'm hoping to get one this year (if I ever land a job) just to run a couple of races for kicks. Had last year not turned out the way it did for me(loss of JOB) I would of probably raced with my boys but I have no illusion of being competitive nor do I care do be. I realize I'm an old man compared to these young bucks and (I) will never go pro, only hurt myself if I try to become to competitive. Will it make me faster? yeah probably but at what cost? I enjoy riding at the track having fun with my friends. Call me boring or what not I just like to ride. +the money factor even if had some makes racing prohibitive as I could go take a few hellified trips with all that money.

I hope all the peeps that are getting their licenses make the best out of their time at the track, do well, and stay in one piece.

GL to all of you.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:04 AM   #70
Deano3090
Dino Racing

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2012 YZF-R1 - (Race)
2009 GSXR 750 - (Race)
2007 GSXR 750 - (Race)
2003 CRF450 Motard (Race)
2005 CRF100 Motard (Race)

I wanted my license so I could do Oak Hill and do a race or two this season.

....... but for now, I cant dish out $1000 a race weekend and I'm guessing my chance to ride Oak Hill has passed.

I have some friends that are racing TMGP..... 1/4 of the cost and I'm thinking I will have ALMOST as much fun...... That's what it is all abouit anyways..... The FUN factor.

I'll just be a mini-poser this year. Maybe next year I can afford to be a full size poser.
www.SCRaceCenter.com - www.P-1Race.com - www.DNPAmericas.com - www.GoPro.com
www.amsoil.com - www.racerglovesusa.com - www.VPRacingFuels.com - www.SidiSport.com

Last edited by Deano3090; 02-23-2010 at 09:07 AM.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:01 AM   #71
ormand
Deelish!

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r
Total Mileage: 42,000

I want an umbrella girl
Old 02-23-2010, 10:07 AM   #72
morvegil
Banned

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter

User is banned

Old 02-24-2010, 01:56 AM   #73
S.D.W.
...Ready

Bike(s):
2011 ZX10 Racebike
2010 Crf450r
2009 zx6 race bike
2009 ttr110

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
I think everyone that has a sport bike and doesn't race is a poser. You people buy bikes that are virtually race ready off the showroom floor, putt around on the streets and then wanna call "racers" posers?

That's fkn hilarious.
Wait a tic...

So in Cdill's terms, only the people that are fortunate enough to afford to race, are the ones who aren't posers?

What a crock of mookie stink
Old 02-24-2010, 09:47 AM   #74
lbjasonc
Doin it big!

Bike(s):
06 gsxr1Theezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.D.W. View Post
Wait a tic...

So in Cdill's terms, only the people that are fortunate enough to afford to race, are the ones who aren't posers?

ur not gonna cry r yuh?
Old 02-24-2010, 10:06 AM   #75
cdill35

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.D.W. View Post
Wait a tic...

more less, yup.

It's OK. I am not saying I am not a poser. We are all "posers" compared to the guy on the next level. Compared to top CMRA experts, I am a poser. And the upper CMRA guys are posers compared to the guys winning in the AMA. And those guys are posers to the WSBK guys and those guys are posers to the MotoGP guys.

My post was more around the audacity it takes for someone who rides a sport bike, putting around the streets, to make fun of someone that just got their race license by calling them a poser.

That would be like the pp1 crowd calling YOU a poser Will. How would that make you feel?

Sport bikes are meant to be rode hard, fast and cranked over. They are race ready off the showroom floor. If you aint riding it like it was meant to be rode, then you are a poser.

If you aint riding it the way it was meant to be, buy a fkn cruiser or, at minimum, leave the ones that are TRYING to ride them they way they were meant to be rode, alone.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:09 AM   #76
cdill35

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

and BTW Will...

You play that "less fortunate" card with your 2007 R1, with power commander, full yosh, race body work and frequent track day rider. I aint buying it.

You can race if you want to.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:10 AM   #77
BigComfy

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
more less, yup.

It's OK. I am not saying I am not a poser. We are all "posers" compared to the guy on the next level. Compared to top CMRA experts, I am a poser. And the upper CMRA guys are posers compared to the guys winning in the AMA. And those guys are posers to the WSBK guys and those guys are posers to the MotoGP guys.

My post was more around the audacity it takes for someone who rides a sport bike, putting around the streets, to make fun of someone that just got their race license by calling them a poser.

That would be like the pp1 crowd calling YOU a poser Will. How would that make you feel?

Sport bikes are meant to be rode hard, fast and cranked over. They are race ready off the showroom floor. If you aint riding it like it was meant to be rode, then you are a poser.

If you aint riding it the way it was meant to be, buy a fkn cruiser or, at minimum, leave the ones that are TRYING to ride them they way they were meant to be rode, alone.

some validity...however you have to be glad these "posers" are here since they enable you/us to buy wrecked 09 bikes for cheap and track them out
Old 02-24-2010, 10:14 AM   #78
THE DEAN OF LEAN
CMRA/WERA #171 AMA#771

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
GSXR 600 Race Bike

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigComfy View Post
some validity...however you have to be glad these "posers" are here since they enable you/us to buy wrecked 09 bikes for cheap and track them out
good point!!!!
Old 02-24-2010, 10:22 AM   #79
PYROBUG51
GMFS Racing

Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 750 Track
06 R6 Track

04 ZX6RR NINJA (STOLEN)

How did I get brought into this conversation..

1. I fought Muay Thai and I fought becase I was asked to fight after being in the gym day in and day out cause of some of the issues going on in my life...I didnt fight cause I wanted to be the Next UFC fighter

2 Jason I didnt get hurt cause I wasnt asked to race...LOL I simply gave 99Chris and you a hard time casue we all use to run with each other and we have some how drifted apart and I wasnt included in the conversation...Believe it or not I hold a few of yall as my close friends even though I think your a douche and stones a MEATHEAD!

3 My thoughts on TD are that I loved them now and dont ride the streets like I did 1 year ago..
I think I am going with Civicious Comment..IF I EVER GET MY RACE LIC. ITS CAUSE IM BORED AND I WANNA GO TO THE NEXT LEVEL AND PLAY A LITTLE HARDER...I am not gonna be anyone famous...Im ok being the fukin douche bag rocking the mohawk when yall think Im gay..POSER TIL I DIE BISHES
Old 02-24-2010, 11:05 AM   #80
S.D.W.
...Ready

Bike(s):
2011 ZX10 Racebike
2010 Crf450r
2009 zx6 race bike
2009 ttr110

Quote:
more less, yup.

Since you put it that way, I get what you're saying. Its all relative though to who's eyes you are looking through.

Now back to your comment about my income, its taken me three years to get my bike where it is now, not all at once type of deal like in racing.

I didn't say I was less fortunate, just not daddy big bucks at all.
Closed Thread

Advertisement