MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2010, 09:13 AM   #21
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
Whether or not you're being serious or stiring the pot I'm gonna answer seriously....to RACE. To ride a sportbike for what it was designed for!!!!!

& Ormond...there is NOTHING cheap about racing motorcycles. Get that right outta your head. Talked to an expert level racer today & he informed me he spent $10,000 last year on tires alone for a RACE weekend (not including td's). That figure doesn't include any of the other expense associated with racing.

Surely you meant $1,000 for 1 race weekend.
Or 10k for the year?
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
need a lic. plate run... ArtistMarty General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 01-11-2012 06:41 PM
Do cops run all Lic Plates when behind you? tonyt915 Off Topic 23 10-22-2010 05:51 AM
Need a lic plate ran, please. Redux Off Topic 4 05-28-2010 11:13 AM
How did you tuck your lic. plate? Spanish Fly General Discussion (Moto Related) 30 05-22-2007 10:20 PM
Drivers Lic. point system, a must read CarbonJames Off Topic 6 01-26-2006 06:38 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-22-2010, 09:16 AM   #22
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Its a lot easier to tell people that you race sportbikes than to try to explain what trackdays are. so you tell people you race motorcycles long enough, and eventually you ACTUALLY want the license and to race a few times so that you don't feel like a complete liar.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Old 02-22-2010, 11:25 AM   #23
boner12
Mexican Kanevil

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
06, 636 ( bulletproof)
99 zx9r sold
2010 ducati streetfighter

What's the point of doin trackdays without racing but I guess yea its poser points
Old 02-22-2010, 11:45 AM   #24
lbjasonc
Doin it big!

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
06 gsxr1Theezy

chase the adrenaline! why not race?

if u can afford it, if a bunch of ur friends are racing, if u want to go faster, then get some!
Old 02-22-2010, 11:52 AM   #25
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by boner12 View Post
What's the point of doin trackdays without racing
Seriously?
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Old 02-22-2010, 11:56 AM   #26
MudBug
Banned

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

Old 02-22-2010, 12:21 PM   #27
switch
two fifty

Experience: 4 years

so i can do mini endurance for fun with my friends
CMRA #250
"Me? I stand for uncertainty, insecurity, bad taste, fun, and things that go boom in the night."
Old 02-22-2010, 12:24 PM   #28
switch
two fifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by boner12 View Post
What's the point of doin trackdays without racing but I guess yea its poser points
trackdays are not racing. trackdays are for learning/improving your riding, all the while doing it in safer environment. trackdays are the most fun you can have on a bike w/o the fear of cars & cops. i was gonna say no fear of dieing, but i think i'm gonna die at least once every trackday
CMRA #250
"Me? I stand for uncertainty, insecurity, bad taste, fun, and things that go boom in the night."
Old 02-22-2010, 12:27 PM   #29
ThomAss
I like to ride

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
07 CBR1000rr
06 CBR1000rr
05 CRF450r
09 Ruckus

Why the hate?
Old 02-22-2010, 12:28 PM   #30
Lilrowdy1
High Class Hoodrat

Bike(s):
07 GSXR - 600 THANK YOU GEORGE :)

Send a message via AIM to Lilrowdy1
There are eleventybillion people trying to be a motorcycle racer....Texas is not the only state with track days and hundreds of people trying to "make it" I think it has a lot to do with the "poser points" and saying your a racer and I think that some people want to say they tried it, Kudos to them, but some of the track day peeps with the I gotta make my bike into Rossi's bike syndrome make me - like are you serious? You just spent how much on what so you could improve .00000000009 of a second at TWS (Texas World Speedway)? Do what you gotta do, but it appears to me as a neutral third party, that not everyone, but that there are a few just overzealous egos with wanna be racer syndrome. Kinda reminds me of the guys that come to the MMA gym to train for 2 weeks then want the trainer to get them a fight so they can tell everyone they fight "UFC style"

For the record....My muscles are way bigger then Cali's......true story.
I am an equal opportunity annoyer
Old 02-22-2010, 12:30 PM   #31
Lilrowdy1
High Class Hoodrat

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by switch View Post
trackdays are not racing. trackdays are for learning/improving your riding, all the while doing it in safer environment. trackdays are the most fun you can have on a bike w/o the fear of cars & cops. i was gonna say no fear of dieing, but i think i'm gonna die at least once every trackday
+ 111111111 bazillion.

Old 02-22-2010, 12:30 PM   #32
switch
two fifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilrowdy1 View Post
There are eleventybillion people trying to be a motorcycle racer....Texas is not the only state with track days and hundreds of people trying to "make it" I think it has a lot to do with the "poser points" and saying your a racer and I think that some people want to say they tried it, Kudos to them, but some of the track day peeps with the I gotta make my bike into Rossi's bike syndrome make me - like are you serious? You just spent how much on what so you could improve .00000000009 of a second at TWS (Texas World Speedway)? Do what you gotta do, but it appears to me as a neutral third party, that not everyone, but that there are a few just overzealous egos with wanna be racer syndrome. Kinda reminds me of the guys that come to the MMA gym to train for 2 weeks then want the trainer to get them a fight so they can tell everyone they fight "UFC style"
ummm isn't george one of those guys?
CMRA #250
Old 02-22-2010, 12:37 PM   #33
Lilrowdy1
High Class Hoodrat

Bike(s):

Quote:
Surprisingly no, he just has the bike, no additions to it for trackdays, I told him it's ridiculous and he agrees - he does track FOR FUN, to hang out with you guys and to ride fast in a safe environment. He DOES like to spend money on gear and the little bikes for fun though.

Old 02-22-2010, 12:38 PM   #34
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

I think everyone that has a sport bike and doesn't race is a poser. You people buy bikes that are virtually race ready off the showroom floor, putt around on the streets and then wanna call "racers" posers?

That's fkn hilarious.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:38 PM   #35
lbjasonc
Doin it big!

Bike(s):
06 gsxr1Theezy

Quote:
+1

what's the point of george competing in a fight league if all he's gonna do is train, make weight, pay to travel out of town, and get beat up?

what's the point?
Old 02-22-2010, 12:42 PM   #36
lbjasonc
Doin it big!

Bike(s):
06 gsxr1Theezy

Quote:
Surprisingly no, he just has the bike, no additions to it for trackdays, I told him it's ridiculous and he agrees - he does track FOR FUN, to hang out with you guys and to ride fast in a safe environment. He DOES like to spend money on gear and the little bikes for fun though.
so he wasn't upset cuz he wasn't asked to be on a race team this year?

BS
Old 02-22-2010, 12:55 PM   #37
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Quote:
but some of the track day peeps with the I gotta make my bike into Rossi's bike syndrome make me - like are you serious? You just spent how much on what so you could improve .00000000009 of a second at TWS (Texas World Speedway)? Do what you gotta do, but it appears to me as a neutral third party, that not everyone, but that there are a few just overzealous egos with wanna be racer syndrome.
I spend bucks on my trackturd so that when I crash it, it costs less to repair. Maybe as a nuetral third party you just don't have a clue what you're talking about?

CMRA #302
Old 02-22-2010, 01:00 PM   #38
Lilrowdy1
High Class Hoodrat

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjasonc View Post
+1

what's the point of george competing in a fight league if all he's gonna do is train, make weight, pay to travel out of town, and get beat up?

what's the point?

Actually, even in amateur they paid for all the costs at least. LOL You , it was not a "Fight League" lol lol. He did a few amateur shows a while back after I told him not to, but he learned the hard way, he was one in elevenhundred bazillion guys thinking that they "might make it as a fighter" - it takes more then a few months training to get in the ring/cage whatever and be considered and respected as a "fighter" - even if you train with the best, you still have to earn your black eyes on the mats, you can't just go buy expensive 4 oz gloves, fight shorts, hand wraps and a jazzy mouth piece with your frackin' fight name plastered across the front and think you are an MMA fighter, you might convince a few of your ignorant friends that don't know any better but when you get your in the ring an get manhandled and look like an idiot, well, then yes, you're just a poser that's in it for the wrong reasons and you are taking up room in the gym where people who know they have to put in their time and hard work could be training.

In George's defense, he never did MMA, he did Muay Thai, and the guy he fought last had fought over in Thailand several times and was NOT in anyway an amateur, but sandbagging is the name of the game. It's like all that stupid cutting weight , they walk around at 210 and fight at 185, if both opponents are walking around at 210 just frackin' fight at 210!!! Why waste all that energy putting your body through all that stress to cut ALL THAT weight? Especially at Amateur division where you are not even getting paid? Ridic.

This went off topic and that was not my intention. I have a lot of respect for you guys/gals that have the ABILITY and the SKILL to race, you have put in time and learned what it takes to do your sport. That's not who this thread is about, and we all know it.

Old 02-22-2010, 01:01 PM   #39
Lilrowdy1
High Class Hoodrat

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjasonc View Post
so he wasn't upset cuz he wasn't asked to be on a race team this year?

BS
LOL I caught wind of that but I am thinking there is more to the story....

Old 02-22-2010, 01:05 PM   #40
Lilrowdy1
High Class Hoodrat

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
I spend bucks on my trackturd so that when I crash it, it costs less to repair. Maybe as a nuetral third party you just don't have a clue what you're talking about?
Buddie I will totally agree with you, no hard feelings, I don;t know what I am talking about, just simply making my own observations. I was just stating my opinion, it's not fact at all, but isn't that what the rest of the peeps on here are doing too?

Closed Thread

Advertisement