MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2010, 08:52 PM   #21
bluewave18
Safety Third

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWFII View Post
Who knows, he could be a police-officer on the way home from the job.
I was thinking the same. I have seen a member cop carry like that on a ride.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-21-2010, 10:28 PM   #22
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1_guy View Post
I agree completely Im a CHL holder and accidents happen. My 45 has flashed a time or two but thank goodness no one saw. The thing is intentional doesnt need a definition by anyone. If it is seen by someone, meaning not concealed, even if they can print the outline of your gun in your pocket this means you have failed to affectively conceal your weapon and you lose your license. Point being unless homeboy in the pic is a cop someone could easily call it in and he gets hauled away, intentional or not.
While I don't have a CHL I hope that it is not as harsh as you describe. I mean, if you have made a reasonable effort to conceal and it accidently shows, it seems like that would fall under unintentional.
I am hoping that the intent of the law is to ensure that CHL holders are careful to conceal but not so harsh as to punish obvious accidents by revoking the license.

This kinda thing is one reason I have some objections to CHL. My feeling is that granted us the right and obligation to protect ourselves, the Constitution guarantees that right and my lack of criminal behavior should make me a beneficiary of that right.
In other words I shouldn't have to ask permission from the government to carry a weapon, if I choose. It gives them the opportunity to say, no.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 10:32 PM   #23
Nightster Ridester
Holmes Hot Rods & Cycles

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
1975 Harley Ironhead

Member Garage

Thats why alot of people dont waste money on Concealed Lic. I mean they are so strick about it and the penaltys are so harsh if caught with not FULLY concealin a gun or other things that People say F it Ill just go without the Lic. I mean If you fully Conceal a gun where no one can tell its there and its hidden so good that you cant even see a budlge or an outline, you'll pretty much be dead before you can actually get the gun out of its Full HIDING to actually use it.

I mean a guy walks up to you with the intention of jacking you. His gun is in is coat pocket or already behind his back in his hands.....yours is in a holster under you Zip up jacket stashed away so no one can see it.....basically you lose

-Harley Davidson is The Original Gangster
Nightster Ridester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:40 AM   #24
urbanXJ
erect engorged member

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2008 Versys

shouldn't there be a waist belt like thing on that jacket he could tighten?

My Joe Rocket has one, maybe he just forgot to tighten the velcrow
urbanXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:50 AM   #25
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold

mine is in my boot...

What part of "I Don't Care", Don't you Understand?
Gixxer Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:49 PM   #26
R1_guy

Feedback Rating: (1)

It's not always so stashed away that you can't reach it. On my bike or in my car I can carry one on my ankle, one in my riding jacket pocket, one in the front or side inner waistband, and one in the back inner waistband. So any of mine are only a second away. The key is buying a handgun that is designed to be concealed. If you carrying a full size .45 13+1 like mine, then yeah it takes some work to hide, but get a subcompact and it's easily concealed and easily reached. But yes the laws are that strict for chl holders which is . Unfortunately its not just a slap on the wrist, it's considered as "you failed to do what you said you'd do so now you can't do it anymore". That's why I would prefer open carry, yeah alot of people are against it but there are a couple of states that are open carry, no license even, and they have no problems.
R1_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 01:46 PM   #27
Psych0ninja
^^^CANDIE FAHST!!!!!

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2005 R6 Track only

Quote:
It's not always so stashed away that you can't reach it. On my bike or in my car I can carry one on my ankle, one in my riding jacket pocket, one in the front or side inner waistband, and one in the back inner waistband. So any of mine are only a second away. The key is buying a handgun that is designed to be concealed. If you carrying a full size .45 13+1 like mine, then yeah it takes some work to hide, but get a subcompact and it's easily concealed and easily reached. But yes the laws are that strict for chl holders which is . Unfortunately its not just a slap on the wrist, it's considered as "you failed to do what you said you'd do so now you can't do it anymore". That's why I would prefer open carry, yeah alot of people are against it but there are a couple of states that are open carry, no license even, and they have no problems.

You must have a XD45 like mine i dont really have trouble concealing mine at all anymore just took a little while to find just the right places

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
i think mckee is psychoninja's , ask psychoninja if mckee can take it
Psych0ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:09 PM   #28
tino

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'05 ZX-10R
'03 HONDA 50

i want to get my CHL... :(
tino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 05:38 PM   #29
R1_guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psych0ninja View Post
You must have a XD45 like mine i dont really have trouble concealing mine at all anymore just took a little while to find just the right places
HAHA! Only the best. I'm usually good in back waistband but if I lean over too far it sticks out like a sore thumb. I've been wanting to get a shoulder harness to keep under the ridin jacket. What's your sweet spot?
Old 02-22-2010, 06:34 PM   #30
KEITH HUBBARD
JOKERMAN

Bike(s):
1300 V STAR YAMAHA
KZ 650 KAWASAKI
HONDA CB 550
TS125 SUZUKI
HARLEY DAVIDSON 50

i just finish my class yesterday, good class ,lots of info.
It gives you some education about carrying & the responsilbilty of carry a handgun.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:40 PM   #31
R1_guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEITH HUBBARD View Post
i just finish my class yesterday, good class ,lots of info.
It gives you some education about carrying & the responsilbilty of carry a handgun.
It's a very informative class, I liked it. I'm not sure how it is right now but be prepared to wait. I submitted my application in march of 08 and it took 6 months for my license to arrive in the mail. Alot of peeps are puttin in apps right now, the whole democrat in office thing.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:08 AM   #32
Wideout

Bike(s):
'08 busa

The benefit of having a CHL to me, is being able to carry it legally (on me and concealed) into most places provided there isn't a sign stating that I can't. Without a CHL, you are only covered by the travel law...which only allows you to have it in your car or bike, as long as it is concealed.
Wideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:10 PM   #33
rhenriksen

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 GSXR-750 (sold)
'07 Bandit 1250
'03 CBR 600 racebike (parting out)
2013 Ducati Streetfighter 848
1984 Honda V65 Sabre (stolen)

Quote:
Intentional or unintentional, if it is seen you go to jail and lose your chl. That's why its called concealed handgun license, not concealed and accidently displayed handgun license. When I took my chl class, Ms. Cheryl told us a story of a guy at hooters had his in his waistband behind his back sitting at the bar. They guy turned the wrong way and another customer saw it and called the lawman. Took him to jail and he lost his chl. They are very strict on it being concealed.
Isn't Hooters a 51% establishment? If so, he'd be in far more trouble for carrying (even concealed) in a bar than he would be for *unintentionally* failing to conceal.

Or if he'd knocked back a couple of beers, he'd also be in violation for carrying (even concealed) while intoxicated.
rhenriksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:16 PM   #34
KEITH HUBBARD
JOKERMAN

Bike(s):
1300 V STAR YAMAHA
KZ 650 KAWASAKI
HONDA CB 550
TS125 SUZUKI
HARLEY DAVIDSON 50

hopefully , he just forgot to conceal it before riding out.
if he is intentionly displaying his weapon, trouble awaits.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:28 PM   #35
R1_guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhenriksen View Post
Isn't Hooters a 51% establishment? If so, he'd be in far more trouble for carrying (even concealed) in a bar than he would be for *unintentionally* failing to conceal.

Or if he'd knocked back a couple of beers, he'd also be in violation for carrying (even concealed) while intoxicated.
Your right but no hooters is not 51%. I always carry in there and have never seen a 51% sign. While they do serve alcohol they are a restaurant not a bar, so they serve more food than alcohol.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:21 PM   #36
KEITH HUBBARD
JOKERMAN

Bike(s):
1300 V STAR YAMAHA
KZ 650 KAWASAKI
HONDA CB 550
TS125 SUZUKI
HARLEY DAVIDSON 50

I'm waiting for my chl to arrive , but I think when it does & I'm on my bike , I will use my shoulder holster.
I ride a cruiser & have saddlebags, but I think my shoulder holter will make my pistol more accesableif it is needed .

Advertisement