Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2010, 03:31 PM   #1
CMRA/WERA #171 AMA#771
Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

GSXR 600 Race Bike

Member Garage

Racer giving back!

Even before the races start this weekend I just want to give back to all the people who have helped me progress and become a smarter, safer, and faster rider. Who knows what the outcome of the many races this weekend will be, but as racers, we have all had tons of help along the way to get to where we are. It could be money, parts, service, tech support, friendship, advice, or whatever you can find that you have been helped with.

So a special thanks to:

Sunny and Jordan at Sunny's Motorsports-you guys always are there when I need something rather it be parts, service, or to kill time after work!

Tony Ta- thanks for use of the trailer last year, the advice and friendship at the tracks, and answering my stupid prov nov questions

John at SCRC-providing me with fresh rubber last year so Young Gunz so complete every race we attended on two wheels

Alonzo Contreras-thanks for all the advice, tips, tricks and good racing. I will be asking many more questions this year so get ready buddy!

Lindsey Leard-where do I begin with you? I mean you got me started doing this racing stuff. Have helped me so much from safety wiring to lines around the track. Answered thousands (literally) of my questions, gave me sound advice and told me what to look and feel for. Never once did you tell me I had to run XX brand of tires or what air pressure to run, or break here-gas there, what kind of boots, or leathers I should be wearing, but what you did tell me has sunk in. It's been real and and I hope to show you I listen to what you have been telling me and will put words into actions. I would not be so broke if I chose to ride with Squoddybody to TWS (Texas World Speedway) that day, but then again I wouldn't have the greatest hobby in the world.

Jim C-thanks for the help at Oak Hill and TWS (Texas World Speedway), I will look you up this time around also.

My Teamates from last year- I wish each of you the absolute best this year and hope to see each of you continue to improve and show the CMRA Racing World why we chose the name Young Gunz. The lessons, seat time, and friendships gained here are not easily put into words nor can it be calculated by any monetary means.

Ron Harris and Darryl Warren- thanks for the advice of how to get around a race track, the memories of my first race season, the support, hard work, and extra countless hours you spent maintaining our bike and keeping us near the podium in SSC last year. We were real close.

Fellow racers-hey without someone to race against we would all be at home dreaming or out on the streets near killing ourselves.

And last but not least- my sponsors for 2010. I hope to make each of you proud.

I know I am forgetting some people and I do apologize.

Now let's go RACING!
THE DEAN OF LEAN is offline   Reply With Quote