MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2010, 09:12 PM   #61
Ares

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Z-rex ZRX1200r
Ninjette 250ex - SOLD :'|
Blondie ZX6R - SOLD :'|

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
Only power tools I ever use is an air impact gun for wheels. I do everything else by hand (unless cutting/grinding)
But power tools help a LOT. I did the rear struts in less than half the time with an electric impact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
I got the hint and dropped to the back of the ranks just in front of Ares, who btw rocks the outta that 250.
Ares is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stand by to be inspired FJRmgm General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 03-05-2011 08:25 PM
Inspired Bicycles Twitch Off Topic 2 06-15-2009 02:30 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-17-2010, 09:21 PM   #62
SeaBasss

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
01 CBR929RR
97 Suzuki RM250

My DAD & Older brother
Old 02-17-2010, 09:23 PM   #63
AJFLo

Feedback Rating: (8)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

I hope the people that said they were inspired to ride as they do by Motocycle Racers have gone to the track at least 3 times
Iím really happy for you and Iím going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
AJFLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:36 PM   #64
burnboy
upliftmofopartyplan

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2011 kawi z 1000

my dad and uncle had harleys. my uncle a 79' flh and my dad an 81' wide glide. the irs took one and a thief took the other, lol. i was in london for 2 weeks when i was 23. i saw those guys in london riding rails around the tight city streets in london. i said i was going to get one when i got home. after looking into it i found i was too young and had too little credit. no bike. so, in 06 i was diagnosed with a pre cancerous tumor. had surgery and life goes on. then in 07' the girl i was involved with died suddenly from meningitis. i quit my job and took a 3 month break. went back to work at another shop and a few of the guys there rode. charlie brown from here at motohouston was one of them. he is perma banned now tho, lol. so i was reading about the street triple triumph and its price was right. i went to see one and they didnt have one. but the neon blue daytona was right there. i left with the daytona, lol. obviously. and thank . charlie brown took me to ride with caligonetx through the forest with just a couple of other cats. navigator being one of them. i owe a lot to cali and navigator. they both gave me the best instruction of most of the people i've been surrounded by the last 2 years. carl told me "get your off the seat". cali said some other things. the rest is natural ability. and tomorrow will bring new things i've yet to experience or should i say "learn", lol. knock on wood. i made some of the best acquaintances in my life in se texas. but as far as influence to ride like we do, lol. jboy and 1fc. those guys are fun to ride with.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:39 PM   #65
burnboy
upliftmofopartyplan

Bike(s):
2011 kawi z 1000

a little funny. its ironic that the prefix to my phone number is 675. i was in england when my moto hard on began. i bought a british bike. did'nt even realize these things till 2 years after i had been riding. and yes, it's my first bike.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:19 PM   #66
miguel!!
dont forget the streets

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
f thrill

Member Garage

Tod colbert
Kevin marino
Scott Caraboolad

Old 02-17-2010, 10:22 PM   #67
Nightster Ridester
Holmes Hot Rods & Cycles

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1975 Harley Ironhead

Member Garage

when i was 15 I walked out of a Walmart to a bad a$$ motorcycle.....I just stood there around it looking at it and wanting it sooo bad. Then a 20 yr old girl came out and said "I like your bike, its hott" I said thanks and 30 minutes later she put my things in her things and alot of other dirty things lol lol So I now own motorcycles!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Harley Davidson is The Original Gangster
Nightster Ridester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:24 PM   #68
bskarpa

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
08 Honda CBR1000RR
99 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightster Ridester View Post
when i was 15 I walked out of a Walmart to a bad a$$ motorcycle.....I just stood there around it looking at it and wanting it sooo bad. Then a 20 yr old girl came out and said "I like your bike, its hott" I said thanks and 30 minutes later she put my things in her things and alot of other dirty things lol lol So I now own motorcycles!!!!!!!!!!!!
Need I say more!
Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with all things are possible." Matthew 19:26
bskarpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:25 PM   #69
petah50

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2012 BMW S1000RR
2011 HD XR1200X
2012 Ducati Monster 696

petah50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:32 PM   #70
Ares

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
Z-rex ZRX1200r
Ninjette 250ex - SOLD :'|
Blondie ZX6R - SOLD :'|

^ now that's a trunk. I dont even have that much luggage space at the back of my car :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
I got the hint and dropped to the back of the ranks just in front of Ares, who btw rocks the outta that 250.
Ares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:32 PM   #71
Cody_Rules
this.

Bike(s):
650r nekkid

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Cody_Rules
clayton and anthony taught me all i cared to learn about riding and then some

(fck msf)
Old 02-17-2010, 11:43 PM   #72
petah50

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2012 BMW S1000RR
2011 HD XR1200X
2012 Ducati Monster 696

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares View Post
^ now that's a trunk. I dont even have that much luggage space at the back of my car :(
I know, when he had that bike he rode all over the country. He used to use a bungee cord around my waist to his belt loops to hold me on. That was in 1975, who needed gear? Thankfully he wears gear now!
petah50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 08:29 AM   #73
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas94fs View Post
My first memory of a motorcycle was sitting in the back of my moms jeep driving down the road when up next to us pulls a mint condition Triton, guy fully rockered out. He looked over gave me a nod and then pinned it. After that it was all over for me and I had to have a cafe racer. Finally got her december 21 of 07 after having another bike for a year.
ed norton honeymooners

Norton
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 08:59 AM   #74
ThomasNinja650
SSG Coleman

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650-R

I would say my Father. If it wasn't for him, I probably would have never gotten onto a motorcycle. As kids, my father bought us various dirt bikes. (You know the old hard frames with on the forks for suspension and a 5 hp briggs and straton). From the day Dad put us on his old Honda 750 Nighthawk, us boys were hooked. While growing up, Dad bought us old dirt bikes and fixed them up. Later during our high school years, we all had a street bike.(yes, we rode dirty but that's how life is when you're starting out ) I had an old Kawasaki CSR 305.

Life after high school netted me various bikes over the years and I must say that I owe a big thank you to my father. I know that the day that we're together again, we'll ride side by side on Heavens backroads.

Thanks Dad. Love you
Old 02-18-2010, 03:42 PM   #75
Fenrous
Fenrous

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
1987 VFR700 Interceptor
2009 Kawaski Ninja 500R

Send a message via ICQ to Fenrous Send a message via AIM to Fenrous Send a message via MSN to Fenrous Send a message via Yahoo to Fenrous
Actually, I posted a pretty long introduction a few months back, but this time around it is my wife whom got me back into riding. We are taking ti slow and easy and staying comfortable with our rides. Something Fun for us to do, which she is getting ready to take her MSF course, sometime in March. In truth, I think she is sick of me putting the miles on her bike and my bike, instead of her doing it.

Fenrous is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement