Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track > Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2010, 11:59 PM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

rm65 cylinder????

sorry to bother everybody with another question. i tore the top end off my bike bc i planned on replacing the crank. i wast told my crank was bad. when i took the cylinder off it was actually the top end messed up. messed up the cylinder walls pretty bad actually so im just going to replace it.i found some stuff on ebay but it would all be coming from diff locations. anybody have anybody they use that will cut a good deal if i buy all the stuff. thanks in advance.
Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
cylinder replating 40acres General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 05-13-2015 02:39 PM
Need 2 stroke cylinder re-plated anatram Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 2 07-11-2014 01:44 PM
cylinder replating, who does it? Japawhat02 Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 17 07-20-2011 10:23 PM
2 cylinder F4i? TREE General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 08-08-2009 03:19 PM
Cylinder Deglaze slim thug Motorcycles Unlimited 1 02-08-2008 05:41 PM
Old 02-17-2010, 02:17 AM   #2
Feedback Rating: (5)

Various Equipment for various uses.
Dirt, Street, Track, Dual Sport, I like em all.

I think MCD uses and they seem to be pretty good prices but you can also check among others. They all will have to get all the parts in first and then send out to you tho.
You should make VERY sure the bottom end is fine in that motor before you close it up. Nothing worse than doing a top end and having the bottom end go and causing you to have to redo the top end again. Sometimes the top end goes because the bottom end did like in my motor. The rod bearing let loose and messed up the top end which the previous owner had just done. Just my 2 cents.

Good luck

#104 I Just Wanna Ride TMGP Endurance Team
Bagwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 06:54 AM   #3
Motorcycle School

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Wes at sportcycles Houston has them in stock. Tell him I sent you.
FastLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:47 AM   #4

I have found that service honda has some of the best prices on new OEM parts. Ebay is hit or miss, sometimes there prices are better, sometimes not. Also it seems a little tougher on ebay to be certain that you are getting the correct parts (by part numbers).

The cylinder from service honda is $278! It may be more cost effective to have Wes bore and re plate your stock cylinder for the 72cc kit.

With all that said, I would still replace the crank. I am guessing that your motor still has the stock crank? These motors are notorious for failing in the rod bearing (big end) and making a mess of the motor. This is the case when riding the bikes as designed (in the dirt by little kids). I would venture to say a crank failure for road racing is almost guaranteed at some point, unless you replace with an aftermarket crank (even then, you should keep on top of the maintenance).
mcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:40 AM   #5

The guy I got the bike from put a hot rod crank in the bike just before I got it. He told me at the time it was about due for a top end. I should have listened to him. I change the oil after every ride. And I only raced it twice. I wanted to keep it stock. The 72 kit will take me out of several classes correct? I will call Wes and see what he has. Thanks
Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote