MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2010, 12:42 PM   #101
99 Chris
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Richmond, Texas
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 5,293

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki GSX-R1000
2006 Suzuki GSX-R1000








User is banned

.
99 Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Saddam Guilty: Sentence = Death By Hanging ArturoC Off Topic 65 12-31-2006 02:50 PM
Hussein gets death sentence ownage Off Topic 14 11-06-2006 04:00 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-31-2010, 02:21 PM   #102
burnboy
upliftmofopartyplan
 
burnboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,609

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2011 kawi z 1000









I just saw this thread again. So glad to hear you will survive. Eye of the tiger man
__________________
f,f&f 4 ever R.I.P. coach dave
burnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 06:23 PM   #103
+Travis+
Our past stops right now
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: In a van, down by the river!!!
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 580

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'95 Speed Triple
'05 ZX-6R








Sorry I'm just seeing this thread; would like to have given you some words of encouragement Scott. I'm 36, and was diagnosed 16 months ago. Thankfully, I caught it relatively early. It get's better, I promise.

I will say that this: Do not let anyone convince you that you "cancer free" -- this is something you are going to have to watch for the rest of your life, both due to predisposition and the treatments actually encourage new cancers, usually with several years lag.

I hope you are feeling better by now, and you as well Tim!

Everybody has something to worry about; don't let this get you down. I would much rather deal with my cancer than get squished by a bus and not get to see my family again!

Edit: If you want to talk doctors, etc. PM me. I'm over at M.D. Anderson radiation oncology, and used to work for the hospital you are now at. I think as long as the doctor is paying attention when you see them, you will get good care anywhere in the region.

Last edited by +Travis+; 03-31-2010 at 06:26 PM.
+Travis+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 06:42 PM   #104
LivInG lYfE
Blessed!!!
 
LivInG lYfE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Humble
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 350


Bike(s):
None









My prayers go out to you and your family, don't give up! Remember has the last word!
LivInG lYfE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:56 AM   #105
1sickGixxer
if ur not 1st, ur last!!!
 
1sickGixxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NW H-town
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 492

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
none currently :-(
13' ZX-14 (R.I.P)
84' H-D potato.potato.(sold)
07' sixxer (R.I.P)






hey i was really pondering on updating this but i didnt wana feel like i was playing a sympothy(sp) card.

but hey since yall brought it up here it goes.

I just got my 3rd round of chemo last friday. alls i can say is these chemicals do not belong in a human body and ur body deff knows it. the best way i can describe how the chemo makes "me" feel is, its like i take a back seat and everything becomes knumb.

for instance youre taste buds are all wacked out. the receptors in my stomach which tell me "hey its time to eat, or whoa its time to stop eating now" seem to have faded away.

my emotions as far as extremly happy or sad seem to take a different approach, so much that even peeps that dont hang around me that much take notice.


as far as the treatment is goin everything seems to be goin on par - ie. tumor is shrinking but is still there. i still cannot eat very well and if i lose anymore weight i will turn inside out.((((im 6feet tall and weight in at 135lbs soaking wet)))). b4 all of this i was barely holding 185lbs hitting the weights constantly taking in about 5-6k calories a day. needless to say i have a high metabolism.


as far as work goes i am on short term diability so it is nice getting paid 40hrs a week to sit back and handle the fight of my life. well it sure does make it a heck of alot easier anyway. ive been off since feb 11th and wont be returning until i am finished with everything and can return to FULL active duty with no restrictions. i have called my super and asked to be put behind a desk just writing programms for machinst but due to insurance reasons i cant go back until im all clear. although i said its nice sitting here, it really does suck because i feel i am mooching off of my company and this is not how i was raised to just sit back and collect a check so this is a new page im not liking.

i have reached the half way point in my treatments (3down- 3to go) so that is a positive hurdle. although i do have spot radiation after all my chemo and ive heard thats even worse.


all in all i still have a very positive attitude and i am sure 100% i am going to beat this and look back many years from now just saying "man that was one easy hurdle" as i stated b4 i have hands down, a beautiful caring wife that wont even let me begin to give up and a amazing 2 1/2 year old daughter that amazes me each and every single waking moment so i dont lose this battle.


this fight has brought many new people into my life and cant even begin to thank all of you enough who send your prayers and thoughts to my family and i in this battle we call LIFE.

P.S. keep those prayers coming im not done yet!!!

oh and sorry for all the spelling, punctuation, ect, ect. english was and is by far my worst subject, thats why i just crunch numbers all day. 7-axis machinist all the way FTW!!!!
1sickGixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 12:44 PM   #106
gtdrivr
Al Gore lied to me.
 
gtdrivr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 9,337

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
CBR954 arrrr arrrr









I havent been through it, but my mother has. I know generally what you are going through due to her. Keep strong, man. Kick that . Things will be fine. It will suck temporarily, but all will be good in the end. As far as the disability goes, it's insurance, dude. It was paid into for this type of situation. Dont feel guilty collecting on an insurance policy! Just concentrate on family and getting back to 100%!!

A friend of mine had 27 tumors. they gave him 2 weeks to live. # years later, he's still fighting the last one, but he's still around. The human spirit and body can do amazing things!
__________________
RIP Coach and Andy

Riding the back roads of heaven.

gtdrivr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 12:58 PM   #107
1sickGixxer
if ur not 1st, ur last!!!
 
1sickGixxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NW H-town
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 492

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
none currently :-(
13' ZX-14 (R.I.P)
84' H-D potato.potato.(sold)
07' sixxer (R.I.P)






Quote:
Originally Posted by gtdrivr View Post
I havent been through it, but my mother has. I know generally what you are going through due to her. Keep strong, man. Kick that . Things will be fine. It will suck temporarily, but all will be good in the end. As far as the disability goes, it's insurance, dude. It was paid into for this type of situation. Dont feel guilty collecting on an insurance policy! Just concentrate on family and getting back to 100%!!

A friend of mine had 27 tumors. they gave him 2 weeks to live. # years later, he's still fighting the last one, but he's still around. The human spirit and body can do amazing things!

yeah unfortunatly i lost my mother about 4years ago to this bullshizz of a disease.

my grandma is 70something and this is her 3 round (comes and goes) and if she can do it i d@mn sure can!!!
1sickGixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:39 PM   #108
HMFIC
Senior Member
 
HMFIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tierra de Azucar
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,812

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Super Duke R
08 YZ450F
Santa Cruz Blur 4x
09 YZ250F






Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
hey i was really pondering on updating this but i didnt wana feel like i was playing a sympothy(sp) card.

but hey since yall brought it up here it goes.

I just got my 3rd round of chemo last friday. alls i can say is these chemicals do not belong in a human body and ur body deff knows it. the best way i can describe how the chemo makes "me" feel is, its like i take a back seat and everything becomes knumb.

for instance youre taste buds are all wacked out. the receptors in my stomach which tell me "hey its time to eat, or whoa its time to stop eating now" seem to have faded away.

my emotions as far as extremly happy or sad seem to take a different approach, so much that even peeps that dont hang around me that much take notice.


as far as the treatment is goin everything seems to be goin on par - ie. tumor is shrinking but is still there. i still cannot eat very well and if i lose anymore weight i will turn inside out.((((im 6feet tall and weight in at 135lbs soaking wet)))). b4 all of this i was barely holding 185lbs hitting the weights constantly taking in about 5-6k calories a day. needless to say i have a high metabolism.


as far as work goes i am on short term diability so it is nice getting paid 40hrs a week to sit back and handle the fight of my life. well it sure does make it a heck of alot easier anyway. ive been off since feb 11th and wont be returning until i am finished with everything and can return to FULL active duty with no restrictions. i have called my super and asked to be put behind a desk just writing programms for machinst but due to insurance reasons i cant go back until im all clear. although i said its nice sitting here, it really does suck because i feel i am mooching off of my company and this is not how i was raised to just sit back and collect a check so this is a new page im not liking.

i have reached the half way point in my treatments (3down- 3to go) so that is a positive hurdle. although i do have spot radiation after all my chemo and ive heard thats even worse.


all in all i still have a very positive attitude and i am sure 100% i am going to beat this and look back many years from now just saying "man that was one easy hurdle" as i stated b4 i have hands down, a beautiful caring wife that wont even let me begin to give up and a amazing 2 1/2 year old daughter that amazes me each and every single waking moment so i dont lose this battle.


this fight has brought many new people into my life and cant even begin to thank all of you enough who send your prayers and thoughts to my family and i in this battle we call LIFE.

P.S. keep those prayers coming im not done yet!!!

oh and sorry for all the spelling, punctuation, ect, ect. english was and is by far my worst subject, thats why i just crunch numbers all day. 7-axis machinist all the way FTW!!!!
Although what Ive been through is "nothing" compared to cancer treatments (lost my Dad to cancer), just keeping a positive mindset can do wonders, it worked for me....

Glad to hear youre keeping up the fight!!!
__________________
Frank
HMFIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:00 AM   #109
pwned
Senior Member
 
pwned's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,235

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
07 gixxer 750









you got this bro! kick em hard

prayers sent
pwned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:56 AM   #110
1sickGixxer
if ur not 1st, ur last!!!
 
1sickGixxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NW H-town
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 492

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
none currently :-(
13' ZX-14 (R.I.P)
84' H-D potato.potato.(sold)
07' sixxer (R.I.P)






Quote:
Originally Posted by HMFIC View Post
Although what Ive been through is "nothing" compared to cancer treatments (lost my Dad to cancer), just keeping a positive mindset can do wonders, it worked for me....

Glad to hear youre keeping up the fight!!!
i dont know man taking a bullet might alil bit tuffer in my opinion. i think we can just agree that both of our situations suck but will overcome them and refect on them many years from now goin "what a life".

oh and did the doc's say how long before you are completly healed up?
1sickGixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:05 AM   #111
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug
 
witchdoctor575's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (11)
Posts: 23,547

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage





hang in there man. my dad died of lung cancer in october. he fought well but the moment he decided to give up, it took only 2 weeks for him to pass. I don't think he had very good doctors out there in arizona. here in houston we have a rockin health care system that is best in the nation.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:09 AM   #112
ThomasNinja650
SSG Coleman
 
ThomasNinja650's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bryan/College Station
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 16,277

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650-R









I lost my father last year to liver cancer. You're going to beat this with the attitude to fight like I've been reading in your post. Stay positive and keep up the fight
__________________
For those looking to give back to Texas and serve those in times of need, Join the Texas State Guard.
Locate a Recruiter http://www.gotxsg.com/join.php
ThomasNinja650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:34 AM   #113
Chino
We need Emotional Content
 
Chino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 377


Bike(s):
R6's









Keep the positive attitude... you have a lot to live for... beside, riding season is here!!!
Prayers sent
Chino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:53 AM   #114
1sickGixxer
if ur not 1st, ur last!!!
 
1sickGixxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NW H-town
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 492

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
none currently :-(
13' ZX-14 (R.I.P)
84' H-D potato.potato.(sold)
07' sixxer (R.I.P)






Quote:
Originally Posted by Chino View Post
Keep the positive attitude... you have a lot to live for... beside, riding season is here!!!
Prayers sent
yeah but im worried about them insurance peeps takin photo's of me whoolie'in my bike down the block so that's why ive been puttin off getting a new rear tire. i can just hear the insurance peeps now " if u got enough strenght to whoolie that bike, u got enough strenght to work a 8hour shift."

nobody says i gotta be a maniac every time i ride my bike but what can i say i didnt buy a sportbike just to PUTT.. PUTT.. PUTT.. around all day.
1sickGixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:59 AM   #115
Versatile337
They call me V or Franco
 
Versatile337's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,120

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2009 GSX-R 750 (Blk/Matte Blk)




Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares View Post
+1

I'm [almost] 22 and really need to live life to the full. But then I wonder, how do you do it?
"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."

And RIDE like there's no cops around
Versatile337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 11:05 AM   #116
smokinjoe
Seņor Membero
 
smokinjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Woodlands
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 4,045

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Honor Cycle 5000
╯°□°)╯┻━┻



Member Garage





Send a message via Yahoo to smokinjoe
whoop that toomahr! hang in there man, prayers sent
__________________
smokinjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:11 AM   #117
1sickGixxer
if ur not 1st, ur last!!!
 
1sickGixxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NW H-town
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 492

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
none currently :-(
13' ZX-14 (R.I.P)
84' H-D potato.potato.(sold)
07' sixxer (R.I.P)






UPDATE!!!! Warning there alil BLOOD!!

..
1sickGixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:26 AM   #118
K. Oliveira
Cypress' OG Fo Sho!
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cypress, Texas
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 1,513

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2006 R6 Raven Edition




Member Garage





Hey sickgixxer, I truly do hope that you are getting better and im glad to see your having a positive outlook on things. Keep on fighting! I check this thread all the time...keeps giving ME motivation to go out there and grab life by the ! So thank you for not only staying strong for yourself but giving other ppl strength and motivation
__________________
K. Oliveira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:34 AM   #119
1sickGixxer
if ur not 1st, ur last!!!
 
1sickGixxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NW H-town
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 492

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
none currently :-(
13' ZX-14 (R.I.P)
84' H-D potato.potato.(sold)
07' sixxer (R.I.P)






Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Oliveira View Post
Hey sickgixxer, I truly do hope that you are getting better and im glad to see your having a positive outlook on things. Keep on fighting! I check this thread all the time...keeps giving ME motivation to go out there and grab life by the ! So thank you for not only staying strong for yourself but giving other ppl strength and motivation
thank you for youre kind words of incouragement(sp).





oh and by the way some cool pics on the bottom of page 6!!!!!
1sickGixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:41 AM   #120
Mr.D
Senior Member
 
Mr.D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Med Center
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 4,532

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
ZZR 600
2007 GSXR 600
VFR 800
Honda Stunt 50






Keep it up man. When I wanna and moan about my , I am reminded of people like you who are way stronger and deal with alot more. puts me in perspective.

Good luck man. Keep you in my prayers
Mr.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:06 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy