MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2010, 08:34 AM   #21
Hail
Middle Aged Crazy Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 Triumph Speed Triple R
2012 DR-Z 400S

Fight like man!
Hail is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Saddam Guilty: Sentence = Death By Hanging ArturoC Off Topic 65 12-31-2006 02:50 PM
Hussein gets death sentence ownage Off Topic 14 11-06-2006 04:00 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-12-2010, 08:57 AM   #22
996Pilot
Aerobatics Junkie

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):

you have youth and strenth on your side. Poeple beat cancer everyday. Just don't loose focus. Please take your nutrition seriously. It'll be hard to eat sometimes, but don't let yourself stop eating. I'll keep you and all cancer patients in my prayers. be with you every step of your fight.
996Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:58 AM   #23
Senator
Dude....Seriously?

Feedback Rating: (17)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
Ducati S2R1000
2006 R6 (sold)
2004 R6 (sold)
97 zx6r (sold)

You're 24 and that should give you an advantage. We have some of the best doctors, nurses, and researchers for cancer in the WORLD located right here.
You still got alot of fight let in you. Use it!

I don't know you, but I will keep a prayer in mind for a fellow rider.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:06 AM   #24
captturbo

Bike(s):
2008 turbo hayabusa

bless you & stay strong
captturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:11 AM   #25
TeleRomeo
Wide Freaking Open!

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 ZX-6R Track
Cr125 Braaap

Dude, dont get depressed. That helps the cancer. Stay positive and focused and you may overcome this.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:24 AM   #26
Tim Vipond
Banned

Bike(s):
2006 BMW K1200LT
1973 JC Penney 3 speed

User is banned

Tim Vipond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:34 AM   #27
1sickGixxer
if ur not 1st, ur last!!!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
none currently :-(
13' ZX-14 (R.I.P)
84' H-D potato.potato.(sold)
07' sixxer (R.I.P)

thank you guys for the overwhelming positive responces, i greatly appreciate all of them. and im currently staying at the methodist off of fannin. i am deff not giving up but i was told it is a very aggresive form of cancer thats why i hinted about selling the bike. heck i just had one of these procedures done on dec.25th and it showed no cancer of any sort, then yesterday on just a follow up visit i wake to everyone running around like a chicken with its head cut off. i should have know something was up by the way the started treating me and instantly addmitted me into the hospital. ill keep you guys posted as much as i can seeing how i wont be working for acouple of months due to the surgery and/or chemo.

once again thanks to everyone with there prayers and good wishes to will help me get though this difficult time.
1sickGixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:39 AM   #28
logan5

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2001 SV 650 (my track ), 2005 SV 650s

My uncle was diagnosed with prostate cancer 5 years ago ... they caught it early and he reacted well to the treatment so he considers himself very lucky ... the one thing he learned while in the hospital is that regardless of how, all life ends in death ... and it really liberated him in the sense that he started to really live ... do things he always wanted to do but said there wasn't any time ...

Good luck to you, find what's important in your life and make it your focus.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:53 AM   #29
S@int

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2007 R6(sold)
01' Gixxer 750 (sold)
2010 Yamaha R1

dude keep your head up stay positive keep us posted and if you need help with anything dont be afraid to ask im pretty sure most of us here will back you up. keep focused stay strong our prayers are with you.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:54 AM   #30
1sickGixxer
if ur not 1st, ur last!!!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
none currently :-(
13' ZX-14 (R.I.P)
84' H-D potato.potato.(sold)
07' sixxer (R.I.P)

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
Good luck to you, find what's important in your life and make it your focus.

deffinately my wife/daughter/family/ and of course all you 2wheelers on motohouston.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Vipond View Post
I too am currently battling cancer. Mine is Stage 3C, signet cell, mucinous, adenocarcenoma colon/appendiceal cancer. Only about 3 cases per year are diagnosed in the US with a 5 year survival rate of 7%. However, I believe my surgery removed all of it, and am halfway thru chemo (not so bad) and feel I am cured after being diagnosed on 9/11/09. I am 54 years old, and you being in your prime is a great advantage.

I am going to Texas Oncology off highway 6 in Sugar Land. I feel I am getting the best possible treatment and every one there knows me by name. My doctor is almost always there, I get my chemo there, I get my PET/CT scans there, on site pharmacy, great nurses.

I tried to get a second opinion at MD Anderson, but my surgery would have been delayed a month, and I've left numerous phone calls and emails that no one has responded to for a second opinion.

Due to my aggressive type of cancer, and my low platelet counts which has reduced the frequency and concentration of chemo, I am considering radiation treatments of 1 hour a day, M-F, for the next 6 weeks. But the risks seem high for the benefits. I can also get this same treatment at my current facility.

You need to turn your attitude around from "death sentence" to "second chance". Everything I've read and heard suggests that a good attitude is half the battle. You body responds to positive thoughts and feelings chemically, and reacts negatively to negative thoughts and feelings.

If you are at MD Anderson and want a second opinion, I highly suggest Texas Oncology in Sugar Land.

I wish you well and pray for you. Feel free to call me at 713-301-1872 and we can talk about our experiences. I've been able to get out a few times a month to ride and expect to continue to do so and be declared cancer free in a few months after my last chemo.

it sounds like we are in the same boat, do you remember what your first inital reaction was when they told you. all of this is still sinking in because they just told me last night, and id be lieing if i said apart of me still thinks i can just walk out of here that all of this is a bad dream or something.
1sickGixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:02 AM   #31
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Welcome to your new outlook on life. . .Every day from this point on will take on a whole new meaning. In 1997 I was given a 10% chance of survival, that day changed my world!!! I've been visiting M.D.Anderson for 12 years now and it hasn't slowed me down one bit!!! I learned to appreciate EVERYTHING, both good and bad. Take it day by day and take it all in stride. All the support you can handle is out there, you just have to WANT it. Took me a looong time to realize that I NEEDED it. . .
Old 02-12-2010, 10:16 AM   #32
JoeCue

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
07' zx10r
Buell Firebolt xb12 (sold)

Be strong...My prayers will be with you brother.
JoeCue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:35 AM   #33
spring r1

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
07 r1
04gsxr600 track
ttr90

prayers sent........
Old 02-12-2010, 10:46 AM   #34
spyderryder
Paid Poser

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 1k
2006 r6-sold
2002 gsxr 600-sold
95 yzf 600-sold

Send a message via MSN to spyderryder Send a message via Yahoo to spyderryder
Being positive will definitely help get you through this tough time! My dad was diagnosed with cancer last summer. It had also gotten into to some of the lymphnodes in that area. They did surgery immediately and took out eVERYHTNG (has a colostomy bag). He went through 2 months of chemo, 2 months of chemo/radiation, and another 2 months of chemo at the end. He fought really hard and is now Cancer free! We have a family friend who was diagnosed with 3 different types of cancer at different times (2 of those times they sent him home to die!!) He fought hard and got on a really good, healthy diet, and started drinking wheat grass juice everyday, and he is a 3 time cancer survivor now! I hope this helps. Keep your bike, enjoy your life with the wife and kids and make every second count even AFTER you beat this! This will be a hard road, but you are young and have plenty of reasons in your life to fight. does amazing things so believe in that and know that you have many people saying prayers for you.
spyderryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:54 AM   #35
landon05

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2004 Gsxr- 600 (wrecked)
2006 gsxr-750 custom painted by "House of Pain" SOLD!!!
LOOKING FOR A GSXR 1000

Send a message via AIM to landon05
Be strong brother wouldnt put anything on you that you cant bare!! I will shoot up a special prayer for you stay strong and live life to the fullest with the wife, family and daughter!!!!
landon05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:05 AM   #36
hd33

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2007 HD 1200 custom

May bless you and your family. Just keep focused on beating this and live life everyday like it is your last. My grandfather was given 3-4 months to live last september and he is 78 years old. today he is almost cancer free. works wonders you just have to believe and be strong. you have alot of prayers and support coming from people you havent met ,cause it doesnt matter what kind of bike you ride its about pulling together when a fellow rider needs help.
hd33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:06 AM   #37
VDM

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
Suzuki SV650 2007 (Sold)
Yamaha Midnight Warrior 2009
Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Sold)

Never give up man. Keep your bike and think positive. I know it's hard but please fight it. Life must go on. There are people who love you and need you. Good luck bro!
VDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:12 AM   #38
HoustonRepsol
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2013 HD Breakout
09 Honda CBR 1000 Repsol
07 Buell lightning 1200
04 Yamaha R6

Member Garage

news bro. Stay strong and you'll be in our thoughts and prayers.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:21 AM   #39
burnboy
upliftmofopartyplan

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2011 kawi z 1000

the emotion is the hardest part. it's going to take a conscious effort on your part. i too have been visiting md anderson for 3 years now. my situation is nowhere near as extreme as you and the other posters. but it's all the same. i have seen so many different cases over the years. it dosent pick and choose gender, age, culture. but i wish real hard for you to one day soon be a survivor. till then
Old 02-12-2010, 11:30 AM   #40
cj_sandman
custom user title!!

Bike(s):
'03 CBR 600 F4i
'99 FXST

Stay strong. You'll be in our prayers.
cj_sandman is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement