MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related) > Stolen Bike Reports
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2010, 06:51 PM   #21
tyler83
Ummmm.................

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 9 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjasonc View Post
exactly.

its a attitude but I've grown tired of reading these "my bike was stolen from my apt complex" threads, along with "no I don't have full coverage or theft ins"

when will people learn?! I hate to read that u got robbed bro, but u might as well of left the keys in it
I dont think the fukers that stole it care if it had insurance on it or not. lol
tyler83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stolen Honda CBR600 Org/Black orgnblk Stolen Bike Reports 1 05-25-2014 09:27 PM
Missing a 2007 cbr600?? negordon Off Topic 3 05-02-2014 08:54 AM
97 cbr600 f3 BuffaloRider13 How To's and Q & A's 1 02-25-2013 04:27 PM
anyone here had their honda cbr600 stolen from memorial mall this summer? pwned General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 08-28-2009 08:54 PM
2006 CBR600 Talight on a 2007 CBR600 ls_dm How To's and Q & A's 12 01-13-2008 03:06 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-11-2010, 07:02 PM   #22
lbjasonc
Doin it big!

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
06 gsxr1Theezy

of course they don't. they don't give a fukk if it was given to u by ur dad while he was laying in his deathbed. theives are scum! the point is, as a bike community we need to lock our bikes up. have full coverage and theft insurance on it. don't give theives a chance to steel ur hard earned motorcycle. it drives me nuts to read that people leave their bikes outside in an apt complex. a thread was started a while back from a post I made offering my garage to anyone needing the space. use it! keep ur bike indoors people! its a guarantee u will get robbed leavin ur scooter outside. a gaurantee!
Old 02-11-2010, 11:00 PM   #23
allthrottle

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
'98 CBR600 F3 - Stolen

I understand you guys have been here awhile, and are probably tired of reading sob stories from people that act carelessly but are surprised when their stuff gets stolen. I do realize I have no one to blame but myself right now and I accept that. I didn't make this thread to get sympathy, only to try to get the word out just in case someone happened to see my bike parked in someones garage, backyard, or come across someone selling similar parts.

I'm usually not so careless, whoever took my bike just happened to come along at the perfect time. I lost the rotor lock on the way home from work, and was immediately rushed to a dinner...go figure. The bike's not been running and hasn't left my covered/fenced in patio for the last 3 months; I got my M license and insurance on it 4 months ago. Since the bike hasn't been running and I've been pouring any spare cash into getting it safe and running, I couldn't justify(or afford) keeping full coverage on it. I just happened to stumble into fixing the issues this last weekend, and planned to add theft coverage Friday, when I get paid.

And I don't believe I led anyone to the bike/my apartment. The only help I asked for(and received) was from the thread I made on this site. There were no PM's, emails or phone calls made.. no one stopped by to help "check out" the bike for any reason. The one day it left the apartment(yesterday), it was a straight shot less then half a mile to work from Hillcroft to Dunvale, then back again when I left work.

Again, still not great excuses, but I don't want to be thought of as just some klutz looking for a pity party. I do appreciate everyone's help though I'm just going to have to move on for now and save up for another bike. Definitely a lesson learned though, about insurance if nothing else.
allthrottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:05 PM   #24
PYROBUG51
GMFS Racing

Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 750 Track
06 R6 Track

04 ZX6RR NINJA (STOLEN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by allthrottle View Post
I understand you guys have been here awhile, and are probably tired of reading sob stories from people that act carelessly but are surprised when their stuff gets stolen. I do realize I have no one to blame but myself right now and I accept that. I didn't make this thread to get sympathy, only to try to get the word out just in case someone happened to see my bike parked in someones garage, backyard, or come across someone selling similar parts.

I'm usually not so careless, whoever took my bike just happened to come along at the perfect time. I lost the rotor lock on the way home from work, and was immediately rushed to a dinner...go figure. The bike's not been running and hasn't left my covered/fenced in patio for the last 3 months; I got my M license and insurance on it 4 months ago. Since the bike hasn't been running and I've been pouring any spare cash into getting it safe and running, I couldn't justify(or afford) keeping full coverage on it. I just happened to stumble into fixing the issues this last weekend, and planned to add theft coverage Friday, when I get paid.

And I don't believe I led anyone to the bike/my apartment. The only help I asked for(and received) was from the thread I made on this site. There were no PM's, emails or phone calls made.. no one stopped by to help "check out" the bike for any reason. The one day it left the apartment(yesterday), it was a straight shot less then half a mile to work from Hillcroft to Dunvale, then back again when I left work.

Again, still not great excuses, but I don't want to be thought of as just some klutz looking for a pity party. I do appreciate everyone's help though I'm just going to have to move on for now and save up for another bike. Definitely a lesson learned though, about insurance if nothing else.
Take it easy on yourself buddy..i had my stuff stolen as well... happens to good working folks..fkn thieves just dont give a chit but keep your head up and stay in the game and be caustions next time
PYROBUG51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:20 PM   #25
allthrottle

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
'98 CBR600 F3 - Stolen

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROBUG51 View Post
Take it easy on yourself buddy..i had my stuff stolen as well... happens to good working folks..fkn thieves just dont give a chit but keep your head up and stay in the game and be caustions next time
allthrottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 12:22 AM   #26
Gsxracer
gsxR Rider

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2006 Gsxr 600

sucks to hear man, i'll definitely keep an eye out

Quote:
Originally Posted by allthrottle View Post

Gsxracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 07:36 AM   #27
That_Boy_J

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
98 CBR 600 SOLD!
07 Ninja ZX6R SOLD!
02 Kawasaki KX125

that sucks man... I hope you find it and who ever stole it gets what they deserve!!!!
That_Boy_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:18 AM   #28
DanteLee
Sexy Dynamite

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
suzuki katana 96(sold)
honda cbr f4i 06 (sold)
ride my neighbors harley cuz he doesnt ride it

it doesnt matter whether you have full coverage, an armed guard, guard dog, junkyard dog. or locked in fort knox, getting your hard earned bike/vehicle/whatever stolen isnt a great feeling so to the op im sorry for your loss of your property......
Old 04-06-2010, 08:19 AM   #29
viper3ez
Hello, My Name Is Nuvie

Experience: 1-3 months

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to viper3ez Send a message via MSN to viper3ez Send a message via Yahoo to viper3ez Send a message via Skype™ to viper3ez
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasNinja650 View Post
Sucks to hear of your loss but it doesn't matter how much precaution you can take. If the thieving POS want something, they'll find a way to get it. Apartments are a thieves paradise.
true to an extent but if your bike gets taken outside an apartment complex after the thousands of similar stories, you effed up.

i live on the 1st floor so i roll my bike right i n the living room. i wont leave my few hundred dollars TV outside so why leave my few thousand dollar bike out?

if i did not have the luxury of a second floor, i'll be renting someone's garage or storage closeby.

point is, you cant protect your bike 100% but you sure can make the thieves put in way more effort than breaking your steering lock which is like the easiest thoing to do ever and rolling your bike away. if i lost my lock, i'll buy a new one the same day, no excuses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler83 View Post
I dont think the fukers that stole it care if it had insurance on it or not. lol
yes they dont but you'll be covered if the bike is not recovered. protected investment
viper3ez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:23 AM   #30
Texas94fs
SBN Bus Driver

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2006 Triumph Thruxton

Member Garage

Sucks to hear. . . .seems like it was just the wrong day to take her out. Best of luck, hopefully you find something out or can get a new one sooner rather than later! I'll keep my eye out and PM you what I find, I am currently looking for some f3 parts anyway

April 2009 BOTM
Texas94fs is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement