Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Safety Corner > Gear Talk
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2010, 01:52 AM   #1
loosenoose
veteran novice

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
07 sv650!

Member Garage

badass all weather firstgear jacket for cheap!

i get pressured by my job to get a black or navy blue jacket to keep in compliance with uniform code.
i was going to get a neon kilamanjaro, but i dont think that would fly too well, even though it's a safety device and not part of my uniform. whatever.
then i saw this new alpinestars rain jacket for under 180. i went to cg today hoping to find it and a really helpful salesman turned me onto a rather nice first gear jacket.
i dont remember the name of the jacket, which was discontinued a year or 2 ago, but this thing is so nice.
i just picked it up at cycle gear for right around $180, and it had originally listed near $400.
it's got knox armor, kevlar, thermid, so many pockets, a great liner, and only 1 complaint so far. it could really use some reflective piping or something, but thats just my opinion.

i havent ridden with this jacket yet, but i have been very pleased with it so far.

i'm sure i'll have more info as i ride in the nasty. tomorrow morning should be around 40 with rain
fun fun fun!

Last edited by loosenoose; 02-11-2010 at 01:56 AM.
loosenoose is online now   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cheap ladies jacket-small. BD#270 WILD WEST MOTOPLEX 4 02-09-2013 09:42 AM
cheap textile jacket BaoPee Gear Talk 1 02-24-2011 12:01 AM
$30 mesh jacket - cheap gear bioGuru Gear Talk 3 09-11-2010 08:00 PM
Shift Jacket Cheap! morvegil Gear Talk 2 02-01-2010 09:11 PM
So Im looking for a cold weather jacket... hotcknstrips Gear Talk 17 11-25-2009 08:37 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-11-2010, 11:14 AM   #2
BYRDMAN
WX MAN

Feedback Rating: (8)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 KTM Adventure 1190
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by loosenoose View Post
i get pressured by my job to get a black or navy blue jacket to keep in compliance with uniform code.
i was going to get a neon kilamanjaro, but i dont think that would fly too well, even though it's a safety device and not part of my uniform. whatever.
then i saw this new alpinestars rain jacket for under 180. i went to cg today hoping to find it and a really helpful salesman turned me onto a rather nice first gear jacket.
i dont remember the name of the jacket, which was discontinued a year or 2 ago, but this thing is so nice.
i just picked it up at cycle gear for right around $180, and it had originally listed near $400.
it's got knox armor, kevlar, thermid, so many pockets, a great liner, and only 1 complaint so far. it could really use some reflective piping or something, but thats just my opinion.

i havent ridden with this jacket yet, but i have been very pleased with it so far.

i'm sure i'll have more info as i ride in the nasty. tomorrow morning should be around 40 with rain
fun fun fun!
So your job prefers matching over safety? My job ( the Air Force) which is really strict on motorcycle riding requires me to wear a reflective vest when in uniform (actually it states we have to be in reflective gear in low light times in/out of uniform). But that sounds so stupid they would tell you this. Are you preforming your duties while on your bike or representing your job while riding?

Thanks for the heads up on the jackets though

AMERICAN MADE WITH MEXICAN PARTS
BYRDMAN is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisement