MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2010, 03:53 PM   #41
HoustonRepsol
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2013 HD Breakout
09 Honda CBR 1000 Repsol
07 Buell lightning 1200
04 Yamaha R6

Member Garage

Glad your ok bro, Can't beat good gear. Keep us posted
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Almost ran off the road.. Dinismo General Discussion (Moto Related) 74 11-04-2011 06:07 AM
Lady ran me off the road and didnt stop Ninja420 General Discussion (Moto Related) 47 04-17-2011 11:16 PM
Who ran from a Sheriff in the Jones/290/West Road area this morning issanni General Discussion (Moto Related) 80 12-19-2007 08:02 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-10-2010, 11:45 PM   #42
chase4556

Dude, its Chase from Randy's.

Glad to hear you are okay!!! Speedy recovery to you my man.
chase4556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:52 PM   #43
gtdrivr
Al Gore lied to me.

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
CBR954 arrrr arrrr

Sending CC right over.

Riding the back roads of heaven.

gtdrivr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:43 AM   #44
Redux

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
grasshopper

Glad to see you're ok.
Redux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:38 AM   #45
Shinyman

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 CBR1000rr with some repsol fairings
07 Buell XB9R (totaled)

Good to know my gloves should hold up in a wreck.
Shinyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:39 AM   #46
GAU-8
official thread ender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chase4556 View Post
Dude, its Chase from Randy's.

Glad to hear you are okay!!! Speedy recovery to you my man.

????? wtf ?!! CHASE?... your on MH!?

thanx ! i will be stopping by the shop some time this week sometime. guess i dont have to tell yall now :P

GTDRIVR: ..CC ? what will CC do? if you remember I was giving the little sammich maker a foot rub, not the other way around... where was my foot rub? huh? HUH? i had too much...., too much.
GAU-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:10 AM   #47
GAU-8
official thread ender.

as for the accident itself:

I was in left lane (and left side of lane) and speeding up for 45 entrance ramp. (i was aboutish 65-70)

A truck veered over without blinker (i dont think it was intentional..he just had a " i need on 45!" moment...and kept drifting left after his initial veer over.

I started PANIC braking (but NOT lockup) initially and then cut to his right and intended to pass (or slow) there (now that i hit the brakes, there was not the speed, power or proper gear selection to pass on the left. he could have sandwhiched me there, if i stayed still, i would have hit him from behind.)

Driver realised he pulled out in front of another vehicle, and did the "my bad, let me give you room" thing, by hitting brakes, and now pulling back to the right. but he wasnt aware i was to the right of him now, and equal to his cab.

At this point both of us slowed down enough for other cars to be around us.

Truck on my left (thinking i was going to pass on his left)was now drifting, to the right, towards me. cars on my right, and the median split for freeway was danger close. (with a nice big "45 S" immovable sign juxtaposed in the center of the curb)

WHOAH! no longer in panick brake mode..but now full lockup. I didnt want to hit a car, and i didnt want to hit a truck, and i sure didnt want to hit a razor sharp sign with an immovable steel column. (target fixation played at this point right here) i knew i was going to hit SOMETHING. was able to refocus away from the sign, and pointed towards "safety"...an area to the left and behind the sign. flat smooth tarmac. extra wide, and relatively clear of dangerous objects...and if i slide that far..GRASS! woot soft muddy grass.

At that point, truck driver realised I was now on his RIGHT, immediately swerved left and gave me room. there was new room to manuever! to be honest , I didnt get that far. allready ejected before i could physically release the lever, and lean into the space he gave. (in my brain the plan was initiated, but physically, it didnt happen in time)

(cool part:chicks dig scars)

once on the ground facing the sky..i started to laugh, and layed there for a few moments, and uttered something from ROAD WARRIOR about "dont count out the mongoose till the fox goes in the hole!!" (or something like that, after mongoose wrecks)

car passed by, askin if i was ok... i gave to big thumbs up, way still gazing up. (and im still laughing) im sure they thought i was nutz...they stayed until i got up on my feet. and at that point thats when shock started up, and post #1 went up :P

self analysis: for the community

could outcome be different?

sure there was multiple decisions that could have initially taken place. and from there, more decisions for next course of action.

could speed have played a part?

me? yes. allthough i wasnt trying to be a speed freak, the lane was ahead, and clear. i decided to speed up before entering the entrance lane

him? yes. allthough he was probably doing the "speed limit" on the feeder, he was going slower than the rest of traffic

did panick braking play a part?

YES. and im glad i practice it!

did fear take over?

YES...after heavy braking, and scenario wasnt working to my advantage..yeah the pucker factor sucked up my seat, and a huge darkie from the rear tire can be seen. nice fat straight line

target fixation?

yes, only when a big sign in front of me presented itself initially. but I was able correct it, look elsewhere ..i picked a spot past the sign, and directed myself to flat tarmack, with a wide berth, away from all traffic. considering the situation. ..it looked quite safe!

prepared for the accident not the ride?

GEAR for the WIN!

any other comments?

accidents happen. fact of life. practice, and prepare for WCS (worst case scenarios) at any given moment, the decisions you make, will play a part in the next decision. right or wrong, follow it thru, then correct with the next move. if doesnt go as planned, and least you have your gear.

all things considered, i got up and walked away. i regret nothing on my decision making, (and collection of gear i wear each and every time i ride) and while it didnt plan out the way i wanted....

i get to see my kids again, and get to ride another day. and thats whats important to me

cheers!
Old 02-11-2010, 07:34 AM   #48
cedestech

Feedback Rating: (12)

Trackdays: 10+

So the truck realized he had some part of your dirt taste and didn't stop?

I suppose no one got a lisence #?

Glad you are OK. It could have been MUCH different...

Way gear FTW...
cedestech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:29 AM   #49
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAU-8 View Post
once on the ground facing the sky..i started to laugh, and layed there for a few moments, and uttered something from ROAD WARRIOR about "dont count out the mongoose till the fox goes in the hole!!" (or something like that, after mongoose wrecks)
Hey, Midge...

...don't write off the Goose, until you see the box going into the hole.
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:47 AM   #50
GAU-8
official thread ender.

mad max

:: lol that line came out of nowhere

CEDESTECH:

correct, truck didnt stop. wiiide sob. actually those who where behind me, couldnt stop in time . so they all doubled back on freeway to return back, or stopped on the shoulder up ahead.

im not too upset at the lack of a plate....but i am so glad majority of those had the same initial thoughts..chase the truck, but when they saw me hit..all of them, came back, and were surprised i was standing. apparently several thought i hit the pole, some the truck hit me, and others saw the actual incident clean..all were certain i was in need of seious help. Had 2 calls to 911 that were made before they got to me, and a nurse happened to pass by and stop.

Allthough i was ok, im glad they chose me, than getting the plate. LOL last thing they saw was the unicorn draggin pipe against the curb, in huge sparkly fireball, and Gau doin backflips head first :O

SHINYMAN: your gloves will hold up fine....cause you never ride, your always parked! ;P
Old 02-11-2010, 12:25 PM   #51
Ares

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Z-rex ZRX1200r
Ninjette 250ex - SOLD :'|
Blondie ZX6R - SOLD :'|

Sounds rough. Recover quickly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
I got the hint and dropped to the back of the ranks just in front of Ares, who btw rocks the outta that 250.
Ares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:34 PM   #52
Warmaster259

Bike(s):
2002 ZRX 1200
2002 ZX12r
2001 KX125
2002 400EX Quad

Glad you made it man, like that scares me.

+1,000,000,000,000 on the gear! AGATT for the win
Old 02-11-2010, 12:50 PM   #53
cedestech

I'm glad people stoped. Fugger in the truck, even though he didn't
"intentially" run you off is going to reap some horrid karma for not stoping.

Post up when you know what it wrong with your scoot. I have some bits also..
Old 02-11-2010, 12:59 PM   #54
cedestech

That isn't your only ride is it?
Old 02-11-2010, 05:49 PM   #55
GAU-8
official thread ender.

correct. it was.

took a brief look at it today. where the oil is leaking from, is low on the right hand side of case. my manual is packed up.

leaking from black plug, right where the upper/lower halves meet. has allen head . that cap, has been ground down on the bottom at an angle. problem is that i think the case underneath that sap has been too. so im not sure if i was able to replace the cap..if it would stop. and there is a section on bottom side (right behind the cap, on a rib (?) its like 1/4 inch away. that area looks ground down, and is black, but cant tell if it was an actual hole, or just a "burn" from the drag.

will be able to look at it better tomorrow. and i know the front SS brake line was ripped away from resevior (front brake)... again, just a quick look. not sure if i need a new one of those, or just the brake line...or both.

typos may be rampant on this one, in a rush to get back out.

btw i did see the accident site.. LOL big black tire marks ..probably 20-30 yards long, ..looks like a missile trail staight into the curb and said "i knock u the out!". bikes and curbs, when will thier battle end? why do they fight? cant they get along???? ;P
Old 02-11-2010, 07:33 PM   #56
spyderryder
Paid Poser

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 1k
2006 r6-sold
2002 gsxr 600-sold
95 yzf 600-sold

Send a message via MSN to spyderryder Send a message via Yahoo to spyderryder
I am so sorry! Glad that you are relatively ok. Better to be outta a bike and not outta a life. Hope you get to feeling better soon.
spyderryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:56 PM   #57
--SV--
Not anymore but whatever

Experience: 3 years

moto houston kneepad thread ftw. I started wearing mine too after reading that thread. Glad to hear your ok. Anti-squid all day.
--SV-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 08:05 PM   #58
GAU-8
official thread ender.

wierd double post.. from above..

nm

Advertisement