MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2010, 11:36 AM   #1
TeleRomeo
Wide Freaking Open!

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 ZX-6R Track
Cr125 Braaap

What do you think of Lifan LF 200?

As a starter bike. I want to get it for my wife but dont know if I should. All the reviews have been more positive than negative. But I rather hear it from respectable riders ...... I would like to hear feed back of someone who had it or someone that knew someone and has riden it.

Sooooo!!

Thanks in advance!!
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LF200 (Lifan) vs. Ninja 250 Mase General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 06-10-2010 12:42 AM
LF biker friends NgaWhat General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 05-18-2010 11:42 PM
Lifan clutch pull TxSandman Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 6 12-01-2008 02:01 PM
lifan 125 an chassis for sale yellowjacket Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 8 11-02-2008 09:33 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-28-2010, 11:45 AM   #2
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

buy a used ninja 250. . .it will hold it's value better than the lifan, and parts are available everywhere
Old 01-28-2010, 11:47 AM   #3
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

I started on a Nighthawk 250, after a year moved on to my SV. I don't really think there would be a problem starting on an SV, though. I did like riding the smaller bike, though - I gained a lot of confidence on it.

The most important thing is that she learn throttle control and take the MSF course. Do IT! You guys will have something you can share and you'll think she's cool.

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:49 AM   #4
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

From a TX distributor:

http://www.beginnerbikers.org/forum/...?t=9778&page=3

Quote:
We carry the LF200 in our Irving, TX dealership along with every other Lifan motorcycle.

http://www.motorcycles.pro/Motorcycl...0/Default.aspx

If you’re looking for a perfect, Honda quality bike that will not give you any issues, then the LF200 is not for you. If you are good with troubleshooting minor motorcycle issues and if you like a great deal, then you will love the LF200.

If you are considering buying a LF200, you should either buy from a local dealer, who will support the product or you should be good with troubleshooting motorcycles.

The Negative:
Many of the LF200s have issues right out of the box. This is attributed to poor QA by the manufacturer. Most of the issues we have seen are minor to fix: loose bolts, broken speedometer, locked brakes.

The Positive:
Lifan is the largest privately owned motorcycle manufacturer in China. This is important as it means, parts supply and support are readily available. Parts for the LF200 are also cheap. Lifan also makes a great engine. We have never had an issue with a Lifan engine. The LF200 is rated to go 65 mph; however, we have had a few customers that say they have taken it 85 mph. (This is not recommended)

The sad truth is that there are alot of junk Chinese motorcycles out there being sold on the Internet and Ebay. See: http://www.motorcycles.pro/ScooterSc...4/Default.aspx

Many of the products being sold on Ebay can't be registered or will fall apart within a few weeks.

Fortunately, you should not have any issues registering the LF200 in the U.S. as long as you do not live in CA. You may have noticed several other iterations of the Lifan such as: Skygo, Eagle, etc.

The American Distributor, AmericanLifan has exclusive rights to distribute the Lifan Brand Name in the U.S. No other company in the U.S. has rights to import the Lifan Brand name direct from the manufacturer; however, many importers have gotten around this by rebranding the Lifan product as another name. Same product, just different name.

When compared to the other Chinese motorcycles, Lifan stands out from the crowd in performance and value. While Lifan won't get an award for quality, you should be able to find parts and support for most of the issues you may come across with this bike. We sell this bike in our store left and right for $2000. For the $1000 price tag that many of the internet dealers are selling this bike for, the LF200 is a steal, not to mention, below dealer cost.

VRob
www.Motorcycles.pro
sales@motorcycles.pro
I'd buy a used ninja...
Old 01-28-2010, 11:51 AM   #5
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigComfy View Post
From a TX distributor:

http://www.beginnerbikers.org/forum/...?t=9778&page=3

I'd buy a used ninja...
Dang. Thanks for that report. I have to agree, though. Our 'cheap' dirt bikes have been in the shop more than they have been home.

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:56 AM   #6
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squoddybody View Post
Dang. Thanks for that report. I have to agree, though. Our 'cheap' dirt bikes have been in the shop more than they have been home.
+1 We burned out the clutch on the coolster in less than a month. Now the car is acting up...and yes we've cleaned it etc...
Old 01-28-2010, 12:03 PM   #7
TeleRomeo
Wide Freaking Open!

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2006 ZX-6R Track
Cr125 Braaap

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigComfy View Post
From a TX distributor: