MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2010, 08:25 PM   #21
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigntx View Post
in highschool i was told by hpd it's illegal to have home speakers in your car
Then how the **** are you supposed to get them home from Best Buy?
Bevo is online now   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Harris County Precinct 5 Constable Killed J-Row General Discussion (Moto Related) 77 10-04-2007 06:09 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-27-2010, 08:34 PM   #22
JSki

Bike(s):
06 SV650

I've been pulled over twice by montgomery county constables on 45 and I've been let off both times. First time was BS because some jerk off cut me off, it was dusk (I don't think he saw me) and I was only doing 65mph in the second lane over from the right coming up to 242. After the idiot got in front of me and slowed down to about 55mph, I changed lanes and sped up to 70 and passed him and got a little ways ahead of him and slowed back down 65. Next thing I know I've got lights flashing behind me so I pull over to get the lectures and one of which happened to be him threatening to give me a ticket for competition of speed. Why? Because when I changed lanes and "overtook that vehicle back there he sped up too." Needless to say, when he saw my apprent disgust for how retarded he was being and he realized he had nothing he let me go with a warning (had M endorsement, current stickers, and insurance).

The second time I should've gone to jail or been slapped with a huge ticket... I was late for work, made it through the woodlands hauling and watching carefully for cops, but apparently one entered the freeway while I was passing one of the on ramps and he started following (no markings). I was going South and hit an open gap in traffic right after passing the mall around the rayford/sawdust exit and got up to about 95mph. As I'm checking my mirrors I see the front end of a suburban who had just changed into my lane (quite a ways back) and I rememberred that front end from that body style all too well from being pulled over 6 months earlier and cut the throttle (no brakes trying not to draw too much attention) and sure as it's another one of those black suburban moco sheriff vehicles and he turned his lights on. The conversation went as follows:

Officer: "You know how fast you were going?"
Me: "No sir, I have no idea, I was too busy paying more attention to the traffic around me and trying not to get hit that I wasn't looking down at my speedometer."
Officer: "You were doing over 95mph in a 65mph zone. I clocked you at 98mph for awhile."
Me: "Are you serious? I had no idea! I can't believe that I was going that fast."
Officer: "Well, I've been following you since 1488/242 area and I've been watching you weaving in and out of traffic while travelling at excessive speeds. Did you know that that's reckless driving and I could take you to jail?"
Me: "Really, I'm just in shock that I was going that fast because I never do."
Officer: "If you don't believe me I have it all on the dashcam if you want to go watch. It even shows your speeds..."
Me: "I'm not disbelieving you, just cannot believe I was being that careless."
Officer: "Let me see your license and insurance."

5-10 minutes later the officer walks back with his clipboard finishing up filling out what appears to be a ticket, smiles, says sign this, and as I am looking at it he says "I'm letting you off with a warning so I better not catch you doing this again..."

I about myself!

Overall, nice experiences for the most part with these guys...
Old 01-28-2010, 07:19 AM   #23
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eberry2001 View Post
Went to Advance auto on rayford today, as im checking out i notice a Montgomery County Constable walk in. So i put my helmet and gloves on and i see him walk back out (nothing in his hands, didnt have time to even look at anything). So im chuggin along as im turning onto the feeder road to 45 he is signaling me to pull over. First thing he said was look at your plate, so i did, and he said the registration is up, and i asked him if he saw that from the street, and he said no. So i get a ticket. When im putting my license back in my wallet he sees my wifes license in there to, so hes all huffy about that, how next time he pulls me over i better not have that in my possession (notice i WILL be gettin pulled over by him apparently). So i asked him if that was him in the Advance auto parts place and all the sudden hes playing dumb, said he didnt know what i was talking about. I told him yeah once you saw i was on a bike you must have turned around right away to get in your truck and catch up with me. He didnt wanna hear it. So i made sure he was far far away when i pulled out and gunned it back home...........crappy story i know, but my place to vent a little
does it make a difference where or when he saw the expired registration? is it not a fact you were riding dirty and got caught? ok.
Now, at least you know now, he gave you a warning he will visit again, I would def. make sure all my stuff was ready for the next time.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:47 AM   #24
MudBug
Banned

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

MudBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 12:56 PM   #25
Eberry2001
The 5th Dimension

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2006 Yamaha FZ6

OK, so now im fully legal again, gotta go show the LAW my paperwork and pay my penalty fee. Costs money to be an outlaw nowadays
Eberry2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 02:20 PM   #26
lbjasonc
Doin it big!

Bike(s):
06 gsxr1Theezy

shoulda kicked him in the nutz
Old 01-28-2010, 03:42 PM   #27
MadseasoN

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

I don't think it's illegal to have someone else's ID in your wallet.

I don't have a problem with getting pulled over. It's the cops who think Badge=Daddy that I have a problem with. Write me a ticket and shut your mouth. That "You better not let me catch you .... " talk is BS.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement