MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2010, 09:04 PM   #1
morvegil
Banned

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter

User is banned

morvegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Harley Sportster '48 poor_kid Cruisers Lounge 40 01-11-2015 07:47 PM
48(us) black dainese wytcbr1k New Riders and MSF Course Info 1 03-31-2014 10:40 PM
RSD 48 - Would you Ride? Neon Samurai General Discussion (Moto Related) 18 01-30-2014 10:25 AM
drag bars for my harley 48 hollywood Cruisers Lounge 5 01-14-2014 02:38 PM
4:48 in this vid........WHOOPS Solracer General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 12-01-2012 06:59 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-26-2010, 09:31 PM   #2
jus10

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty

if there has ever been a company who knows how to recycle... it's Harley for sure!
jus10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:40 PM   #3
didimao0072000

Bike(s):
50cc metropolitan

if any of you here trade stocks, HOG is an excellent stock to short...
didimao0072000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:45 PM   #4
Nightster Ridester
Holmes Hot Rods & Cycles

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
1975 Harley Ironhead

Member Garage

It's actually a nice Project Bike.... I mean it has all the potential to go many ways, thats how Harley makes its Money, ACCESSORIES!!!!!!
Peanut Gas Tank, Drag Bars, Flipped Mirrors, Blacked out engine, Fat Front Tire, Bobbed Rear Fender, Solo Seat.....I mean thats just a cool little Old School Bike straight off the show room floor. And actually if anybody knew about hdforums.com and all the changes people have done to their Nightsters/Irons then you would see that Harley surfs the web looking for the latest Wave. I mean everybody now is puttin peanut gas tanks on, flipping their stock mirrors, painting their engines black, buying cool solo seats, doin wide glide conversions on their bikes. So Harley took all those ideas and made their next Popular Bike, THATS SMART BUSINESS!!!
But yeah Peanut Gas tank volume sucks but, Gotta pay to play!

-Harley Davidson is The Original Gangster
Nightster Ridester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:05 PM   #5
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

idk.... still a sportster. as far as the tank goes.... that puts it about the same range as a sport bike. around 110 miles per fill up.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:22 AM   #6
didimao0072000

Bike(s):
50cc metropolitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightster Ridester View Post
It's actually a nice Project Bike.... I mean it has all the potential to go many ways, thats how Harley makes its Money, ACCESSORIES!!!!!!
Peanut Gas Tank, Drag Bars, Flipped Mirrors, Blacked out engine, Fat Front Tire, Bobbed Rear Fender, Solo Seat.....I mean thats just a cool little Old School Bike straight off the show room floor. And actually if anybody knew about hdforums.com and all the changes people have done to their Nightsters/Irons then you would see that Harley surfs the web looking for the latest Wave. I mean everybody now is puttin peanut gas tanks on, flipping their stock mirrors, painting their engines black, buying cool solo seats, doin wide glide conversions on their bikes. So Harley took all those ideas and made their next Popular Bike, THATS SMART BUSINESS!!!
But yeah Peanut Gas tank volume sucks but, Gotta pay to play!
smart business? i guess that's why HD recently posted an earnings lost 3 times more than analysts had expected. since the buell experiment didnt work out, this bike, the iron, the nightster, etc are nothing more than pathetic attempts at attracting a younger audience. it's clear that HD is in desperation mode. their demographics keeps getting older and shrinking every year with no viable product in the pipeline.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:37 AM   #7
KeeBee
Old man

Bike(s):
12 HD Street Glide
11 HD Softail Deluxe
SOLD 08 Liquid Silver R6
STOLEN 93 GSXR 750

Send a message via AIM to KeeBee
I like it but I am getting old.
KeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:51 AM   #8
Nightster Ridester
Holmes Hot Rods & Cycles

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
1975 Harley Ironhead

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by didimao0072000 View Post
smart business? i guess that's why HD recently posted an earnings lost 3 times more than analysts had expected. since the buell experiment didnt work out, this bike, the iron, the nightster, etc are nothing more than pathetic attempts at attracting a younger audience. it's clear that HD is in desperation mode. their demographics keeps getting older and shrinking every year with no viable product in the pipeline.
Yeah to me I think it smart business....I mean we are sill in the recession correct? Even tho Harley lost 3 times Earnings, thats still great compared to many other businesses. Harley will always be in business, some years may go down but they're still monsterous. I'm not goin to turn this thread into a Earnings debate or a Business meeting. I just liked the Bike and the "Idea" behind it. And Harley is expanding and tryin to reach out to younger people, whats wrong with that? Younger people got money too so why hould Harley just go after guys over 40? Harley is expanding its range of people. Lets face it, you go to a Rally and 50% of Harleys there are now Nightsters, Irons, Sportsters (Younger Audience type Bikes) etc. So I wouldnt agree with PATHETIC attempt....look at the numbers or those bikes sold last year and the year before that.....I think you'll be suprised how many!
'48 will sale, maybe not millions but it will sale

-Harley Davidson is The Original Gangster
Nightster Ridester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:07 AM   #9
didimao0072000

Bike(s):
50cc metropolitan

I agree that HD will always be around but the future HD will be much smaller than they are today. Theyve banked everything on their air cooled engines and development wise, they cant go much further with it. Its a catch 22 situation: to appeal to the younger crowd, they need a decent water cooled engine but doing so will alienate the older hardcore HD fans. Theyve got some tough choices to make and the 48 shows that they are choosing the easy way out. This will hurt them in the long term and thats why I went short via puts on HD stock last week

Advertisement