Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > How To's and Q & A's
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2010, 05:33 PM   #1
gsx-R_kid

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2005 suzuki gsx-r 600 SOLD
91 suzuki gsx-r 750 SOLD
95 kawasaki zx6r SOLD
06 kawasaki zx10 SOLD
03 honda cbr 600rr SOLD, Sixth Bike - 2000 suzuki gsx-r 600 SRAD SOLD

2005 GSXR 600 Lagging

I wish i didnt have to buy one (Power Commander) but im just might have too. I purchased a wrecked bike not to badly damaged and got it back to stock condition. I found out later that the person I got the bike from had sold the power commander that was connected to the bike. So when the bike was sold to me the settings that were last put on are still on. The bike lags when im riding at a high and low RPM's. Even at a high RPM's when I take off the bike still lags and then a burst or power. The last time i checked I didnt have a carbed bike.

I have changed the spark plugs, air filter, changed oil and filter, no knocking or abnormal noises cause of the wreck. I was reading about my bike, it is a 20th Anniversary 2005 GSXR 600. Supposedly from what i read the bike is supposed to do that, but to me it stays at a lag too long almost like carbed bike. The easiest thing would be to find someone with a bike that has a power commander and ask to use it to put the stock setting back on my bike. But, all my friends no longer ride and im the last of them and nobody i know has a Power Commander. I'm not sure if the bikes computer goes back to stock settings when the Power Commander is disconnected. But, I defiantly have a power issue. If anybody could think of anything or has had this similar issue let me know. I dont want to just start buying stuff with out diagnosing what could be the problem first. But, if I have learned anything from the large amounts of problem cars i'v owned is (trail and error). I know about bikes, but when it comes to electrical im lost. I havnt gotten that far into my apprenticeship, hahaha.

Thanks for any help.
gsx-R_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stolen! 2005 Gsxr 600 - Central Houston debit_debit Stolen Bike Reports 29 12-02-2012 12:33 PM
Stolen 2005 GSXR-600 (Black and Gold) gabrielmu23 Stolen Bike Reports 9 04-04-2011 11:20 PM
What is a good deal on a 2005 GSXR 600 for track Ridesmart Taking it to the Track 2 10-19-2008 03:37 PM
2005 gsxr 600 relay? bluewave18 How To's and Q & A's 14 12-14-2007 10:22 AM
headlight help 2005 gsxr 600 bluewave18 How To's and Q & A's 6 12-09-2007 11:58 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-25-2010, 06:28 PM   #2
tyler83
Ummmm.................

Experience: 9 years
I am very interested in this also. I have a buddy with the same year gsxr 1000, and he has bought his bike with about the same story as you. As for as I know though the power comander just manipulates the signals going to or from the engine or vice versa which ever it is. So I would say, no pc no map and you should have a stock tune now, but this is just what I have gathered I'm sure others on here will pipe in.
tyler83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 06:40 PM   #3
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

There is only one answer to your problem...

Call Patrick at Motorcycles Unlimited, 281-444-0545
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:42 PM   #4
CG636
Braaaaaap

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
KTM 525 sumo

Member Garage

Yep if the power commander is off the bike it will be back to the factory map in the ecu. Does the bike have any idle prolems like surging?
TXORR #63C
CG636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:50 PM   #5
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
^^^ correct.

The signal to check w resistance sweeps: throttle position sensor/adjustment. Just by the sound of it lagging, sounds like the system is not supplying fuel.

I am assuming: throttle cables adjusted properly, ignition is working properly, battery voltage/idle is correct.

Your system is a simple input/output... the throttle signal and rpms= this much fuel... if the sensor has a dead spot it in, the rpms wont increase until you get past that bad signal point and then the correct fuel for air coming in will give the correct power for the throttle position.

But that's just off the top of my head. One hour diag at Motorcycles Unlimited is a great price to pay. They will also do their courtesy inspection etc.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:01 PM   #6
gsx-R_kid

Bike(s):
91 suzuki gsx-r 750 SOLD
95 kawasaki zx6r SOLD
06 kawasaki zx10 SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
There is only one answer to your problem...

Call Patrick at Motorcycles Unlimited, 281-444-0545

thanks ill have to call over their in the morning.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:05 PM   #7
gsx-R_kid

Bike(s):
91 suzuki gsx-r 750 SOLD
95 kawasaki zx6r SOLD
06 kawasaki zx10 SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slow View Post
Yep if the power commander is off the bike it will be back to the factory map in the ecu. Does the bike have any idle prolems like surging?

nope, no idle problems. bike runs perfect. except for the lagging thing. but like i said i was reading somewhere online about the 2005 20th anniversary 600 and 750 and they re-tuned the motor compaired to the regular 600 and 750. but, i dont think its supposed to lag like this.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:09 PM   #8
gsx-R_kid

Bike(s):
91 suzuki gsx-r 750 SOLD
95 kawasaki zx6r SOLD
06 kawasaki zx10 SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
^^^ correct.

The signal to check w resistance sweeps: throttle position sensor/adjustment. Just by the sound of it lagging, sounds like the system is not supplying fuel.

I am assuming: throttle cables adjusted properly, ignition is working properly, battery voltage/idle is correct.

Your system is a simple input/output... the throttle signal and rpms= this much fuel... if the sensor has a dead spot it in, the rpms wont increase until you get past that bad signal point and then the correct fuel for air coming in will give the correct power for the throttle position.

But that's just off the top of my head. One hour diag at Motorcycles Unlimited is a great price to pay. They will also do their courtesy inspection etc.

that that make sense, but i will call them tomorrow to see if i could bring it in. if i go i will post back if they figure the problem. cause im sure im not the only one with these problems.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:16 PM   #9
CG636
Braaaaaap

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
KTM 525 sumo

Member Garage

No it shouldn't lag at all, should be smooth acceleration all the way till redline.
TXORR #63C
CG636 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement