MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2010, 01:10 PM   #21
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid_who View Post
wait? are you saying that i don't have to have my drives license to go to MSF classes????????
You don't need your license for the MSF as far as I know.

The best thing about taking the MSF is that you don't have to do the "live" riding text (with a DPS officer following you in a car), just the computer test.

And, those DPS officers will pick you apart when you ride the bike, they love finding errors on your riding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Weird Lady
Mucus Membrane!
hotcknstrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cop rear ends rider, then BLAMES the rider CTtriple General Discussion (Moto Related) 76 11-06-2013 10:09 AM
Rider hit by other rider - Video Inside Neon Samurai General Discussion (Moto Related) 52 07-31-2012 03:42 PM
Rider and co-rider down 290E & Barker Cypress jimrad General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 04-17-2011 12:17 AM
Rider Down on 242, report says inexperienced rider Davekg General Discussion (Moto Related) 94 03-24-2011 07:11 PM
Rider to Passenger/Other Rider Communication Pyrofallout General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 02-22-2008 09:38 AM
Advertisement
Old 01-23-2010, 01:12 PM   #22
kid_who

Feedback Rating: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotcknstrips View Post
You don't need your license for the MSF as far as I know.

The best thing about taking the MSF is that you don't have to do the "live" riding text (with a DPS officer following you in a car), just the computer test.

And, those DPS officers will pick you apart when you ride the bike, they love finding errors on your riding.
thanks!!!!!!!!
kid_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 02:03 PM   #23
SW@T
SWAGGA OF A CRIPPLE!!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Track= 07 600RR
Street= 09 R6 white/red

Member Garage

Quote:
i PM challen
i'm just waiting for an answer now!!

SW@T thank you so much for everything you really help me when i get my bike i'll PM you so we can go ride some time

and thank you to everyone else my thread i made really help me alot that
:notwo rthy::h ello:
no problem man, welcome to the forum

keep us posted on how the bike hunt is going...if you have anymore questions just post em up
SW@T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 03:23 PM   #24
the mother

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r

Member Garage

250 is the way to go i love mine
the mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 03:34 PM   #25
Deano3090
Dino Racing

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2012 YZF-R1 - (Race)
2009 GSXR 750 - (Race)
2007 GSXR 750 - (Race)
2003 CRF450 Motard (Race)
2005 CRF100 Motard (Race)

Quote:
wait? are you saying that i don't have to have my drives license to go to MSF classes????????
That is correct.

I took the class, bought my gear and did my license before I even bought my bike.
www.SCRaceCenter.com - www.P-1Race.com - www.DNPAmericas.com - www.GoPro.com
www.amsoil.com - www.racerglovesusa.com - www.VPRacingFuels.com - www.SidiSport.com
Deano3090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 05:22 PM   #26
ormand
Deelish!

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r
Total Mileage: 42,000

250 will suit you fine...in relation to cars, its about as quick as a civic. And like a civic, it's not stupid fast where you will get in trouble at your age. The 650 is a lil more powerful, more like a 350z if I had to relate it to a car. Definently not super sport fast (which can be as fast as lambos) but its fast. I am about 260lb and my 1st bike was/is a 650...glad I got it instead of the 250 because I know my weight is slowing down the bike. Like everyone else said, get a 250 used real cheap because you will either drop it and/or get tired of it fast...but DONT SELL IT unless you have a good price from a buyer. Instead, keep it for continued learning as you move up the ladder. I know I plan on keeping my 650 forever should I ever feel like starting all over again
Old 01-23-2010, 05:36 PM   #27
Princess
MH's ex fake mod

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti

Send a message via AIM to Princess
I know of a green 08 250 for sale in my garage!
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 05:45 PM   #28
SW@T
SWAGGA OF A CRIPPLE!!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Track= 07 600RR
Street= 09 R6 white/red

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ormand View Post
250 will suit you fine...in relation to cars, its about as quick as a civic. And like a civic, it's not stupid fast where you will get in trouble at your age. The 650 is a lil more powerful, more like a 350z if I had to relate it to a car. Definently not super sport fast (which can be as fast as lambos) but its fast. I am about 260lb and my 1st bike was/is a 650...glad I got it instead of the 250 because I know my weight is slowing down the bike. Like everyone else said, get a 250 used real cheap because you will either drop it and/or get tired of it fast...but DONT SELL IT unless you have a good price from a buyer. Instead, keep it for continued learning as you move up the ladder. I know I plan on keeping my 650 forever should I ever feel like starting all over again
Great post
SW@T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 05:55 PM   #29
kid_who

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW@T View Post
Great post
but wait i am about 240 to 250lbs so should i still get a 250 as a starter bike or 650??????

question-on the 650r you know how the seat is a one piece can you mod it so that you can change it to a two piece like all the other ninja's?????
Old 01-23-2010, 05:56 PM   #30
kid_who

Quote:
but wait i am about 240 to 250lbs so should i still get a 250 as a starter bike or 650??????
Old 01-23-2010, 05:57 PM   #31
kid_who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano3090 View Post
That is correct.

I took the class, bought my gear and did my license before I even bought my bike.
what MSF school did you go too????? did you go to awsome cycle
Old 01-23-2010, 05:59 PM   #32
ormand
Deelish!

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r

Quote:

question-on the 650r you know how the seat is a one piece can you mod it so that you can change it to a two piece like all the other ninja's?????
Get a seat cowl

Quote:
Again, even at your weight, I would start at a 250 only because you have a LOT to learn from cars/bikes at your age. Yes, you will tire of it quickly, but better off starting slow than going too fast and then not learning the proper techniques from the start. A strong foundation in this sport goes a long way
Old 01-23-2010, 06:02 PM   #33
ormand
Deelish!

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r

I started about 6 months ago and have now racked up 12k miles looking to move up

Here's where I started...good reads

Ormand Does A Motorcycle - CLICK HERE

Ormand Does Awesome Cycles MSF - CLICK HERE
Old 01-23-2010, 06:03 PM   #34
kid_who

Quote:
Get a seat cowl

Again, even at your weight, I would start at a 250 only because you have a LOT to learn from cars/bikes at your age. Yes, you will tire of it quickly, but better off starting slow than going too fast and then not learning the proper techniques from the start. A strong foundation in this sport goes a long way
okay 250r is the way to go then!!!!!!!
Old 01-23-2010, 06:05 PM   #35
kid_who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
Do you know any one from this site? How did you hear about us?
my uncle ridess he told my about the site!! he has a ninja zx-6r
Old 01-23-2010, 06:26 PM   #36
brandontx

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

I think that if you are 250lbs then you should get a bigger bike. That 250 won't move with someone of your size on it. Not trying to clown it is just that you have effectively doubled the weight of a bike that isn't that fast to begin with. Try a 600 twin like an SV 650 or that Kawasaki whatever it is.
brandontx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 06:30 PM   #37
brandontx

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

Wait...you are 16 years old. Dude, if I had a road bike when I was that young I would be dead. You haven't even driven a car on public roads very much. Horrible idea. Get a dirt bike or a sports car and live your life. Take a couple of years getting used to driving on the road first before you go out on a road bike...seriously. You live in Houston, if you lived out in the country it may be a different story.
brandontx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 07:42 PM   #38
K. Oliveira
Cypress' OG Fo Sho!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2006 R6 Raven Edition

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandontx View Post
Wait...you are 16 years old. Dude, if I had a road bike when I was that young I would be dead. You haven't even driven a car on public roads very much. Horrible idea. Get a dirt bike or a sports car and live your life. Take a couple of years getting used to driving on the road first before you go out on a road bike...seriously. You live in Houston, if you lived out in the country it may be a different story.
+1,000 it's hard to stay alive in a cage these days lmao
Old 01-23-2010, 09:17 PM   #39
Ulric
Dirty Old

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
..and I started on a bike at 15.

Do the 250, it'll still go accelerate faster than anything your used to and go faster than any legal limit on the road. :-)
Old 01-23-2010, 09:35 PM   #40
kid_who

Quote:
oh no worry dude i'm in no hurry to get a bike!!!!! i just wanted some advice so when it does come around to buying one i will be prepared and don't worry i got a uncle that rides he tells me everything !!!!!

Advertisement