MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2010, 11:17 AM   #1
kid_who
Senior Member
 
kid_who's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cypress Area
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 250












NEW RIDER????????

i'm thinking about getting a bike what should i get and I'm a Kawasaki man!!!! oh yeah i'm only 16

-ninja 250r
or
-ninja 650r

i know forsher my first bike is going to be the ninja 250r!!!!!
i just put this thread up cuz i want to hear what you guys/girls have to say!!!!
kid_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cop rear ends rider, then BLAMES the rider CTtriple General Discussion (Moto Related) 76 11-06-2013 10:09 AM
Rider hit by other rider - Video Inside Neon Samurai General Discussion (Moto Related) 52 07-31-2012 03:42 PM
Rider and co-rider down 290E & Barker Cypress jimrad General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 04-17-2011 12:17 AM
Rider Down on 242, report says inexperienced rider Davekg General Discussion (Moto Related) 94 03-24-2011 07:11 PM
Rider to Passenger/Other Rider Communication Pyrofallout General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 02-22-2008 09:38 AM
Advertisement
Old 01-23-2010, 11:23 AM   #2
SW@T
SWAGGA OF A CRIPPLE!!
 
SW@T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: SW side of Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,166

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Track= 07 600RR
Street= 09 R6 white/red



Member Garage





first...have you taken your MSF class? If not then you need to no questions asked, awesome cycles is a sponser on here and I'm sure majority will agree with me when I say they are the best place to take it

both the 250 and 650 are great bikes...you should be fine with both, just wear all your gear all the time, and take it easy until you rack up some seat time...once your comfortable start looking into doing some trackdays

Last edited by SW@T; 01-23-2010 at 11:25 AM.
SW@T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 11:45 AM   #3
Deano3090
Dino Racing
 
Deano3090's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: 290 / Eldridge / NW Houston
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 1,346

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2012 YZF-R1 - (Race)
2009 GSXR 750 - (Race)
2007 GSXR 750 - (Race)
2003 CRF450 Motard (Race)
2005 CRF100 Motard (Race)



Welcome

+1 on the MSF class

+1 on gear.... Always dress for the crash..... trust me, it will happen

+1 on trackdays... Trackdays save lifes. They teach you what your bike is capable of doing and build your confidence so you don't panic in emergency situations.

Good luck on your bike hunt.
__________________
CMRA/WERA # 86 - Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/DinoRacing309
2016 Sponsors - Bridgestone Tires - 380 Racing & Paint - Leather & Lace Racing
www.gravesport.com - www.RideSmart.info - www.CycleGear.com - www.spyoptics.com
www.SCRaceCenter.com - www.P-1Race.com - www.DNPAmericas.com - www.GoPro.com
www.amsoil.com - www.racerglovesusa.com - www.VPRacingFuels.com - www.SidiSport.com
Deano3090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 11:48 AM   #4
kyu612
Senior Member
 
kyu612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: atx
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 290


Bike(s):
06 zx10r
07 1000rr








both are great bikes.. id get the 250 if i were you (just making an assumption about your age)

if i had a bike when i was 16, id probably wouldnt be here today

not that the 650r is a supersport by all means, but still definitely has enough power to get you in trouble rather quickly

i started on a friends 250 at first, and ended up buying the 650r, absolutely loved both bikes

if you do decide to get a 650.. snow has one for sale for a good price in the f/s section
kyu612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 11:48 AM   #5
Cortez31
You can never go too FAST
 
Cortez31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Katy,TX. Use to live in La marque and Texas City area
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 500

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 ZX10r









Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano3090 View Post
Welcome

+1 on the MSF class

+1 on gear.... Always dress for the crash..... trust me, it will happen

+1 on trackdays... Trackdays save lifes. They teach you what your bike is capable of doing and build your confidence so you don't panic in emergency situations.

Good luck on your bike hunt.
yeah what he said and Welcome
Cortez31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:01 PM   #6
atexanone
*Facepalm Distributor*
 
atexanone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NW
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,487

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
06 Kawi 636






I would recommend all beginner riders on a 250r I have one (03 Ninja EX250R)and it's a blast the handling on it is insane due to the light weight. There is enough power to get you moving but not too much to where you can't correct if you make a mistake. I toped it out at a little over 100 mph but i do only weigh 160lbs with you only being 16 you have plenty of time to move up in size just my .02
atexanone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:18 PM   #7
kid_who
Senior Member
 
kid_who's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cypress Area
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 250












Quote:
Originally Posted by SW@T View Post
first...have you taken your MSF class? If not then you need to no questions asked, awesome cycles is a sponser on here and I'm sure majority will agree with me when I say they are the best place to take it

both the 250 and 650 are great bikes...you should be fine with both, just wear all your gear all the time, and take it easy until you rack up some seat time...once your comfortable start looking into doing some trackdays
thank!!!!!!! how much is MSF class???????
kid_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:22 PM   #8
kid_who
Senior Member
 
kid_who's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cypress Area
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 250












Quote:
Originally Posted by kyu612 View Post
both are great bikes.. id get the 250 if i were you (just making an assumption about your age)

if i had a bike when i was 16, id probably wouldnt be here today

not that the 650r is a supersport by all means, but still definitely has enough power to get you in trouble rather quickly

i started on a friends 250 at first, and ended up buying the 650r, absolutely loved both bikes

if you do decide to get a 650.. snow has one for sale for a good price in the f/s section
thank for the advice!!!! i'll keep them in mine!!! well i know i'm getting the 250r first!!! then i'll see from there
and i'm turning 17 this summer so i'll see if i can get one then
kid_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:25 PM   #9
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector
 
texlurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Smack dab in the middle of Colo
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 10,236

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage





250r or 500r so you don't outgrow it so fast.. depends on how big you are and if you have ridden dirt bikes before. And buy used, because you WILL drop your first bike more than once.
__________________
sig pic
A wise man once told me: "No matter how fine she is, just remember. Somewhere, someone is tired of her !"
.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:25 PM   #10
kid_who
Senior Member
 
kid_who's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cypress Area
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 250












Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortez31 View Post
yeah what he said and Welcome
thank guys for all the advice!!!!
my uncle has a ninja ZX-6R and he always tell me "before you ride put on gear"
cuz it will save your life!!!!!
kid_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:28 PM   #11
SW@T
SWAGGA OF A CRIPPLE!!
 
SW@T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: SW side of Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,166

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Track= 07 600RR
Street= 09 R6 white/red



Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by kid_who View Post
thank!!!!!!! how much is MSF class???????
Here is the link to awesome cycles...http://www.awesomecycles.com/ check out the schedule and sign up for a class you can make

here are the prices:

Weekday Classes: $175.00*
All Others: $195.00*

MH members get a discount,I can't remeber exactly how much it is...but the class is worth every penny
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP171 View Post
no she doesn't wear the pants, she does however own the !
SW@T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:29 PM   #12
kid_who
Senior Member
 
kid_who's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cypress Area
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 250












Quote:
Originally Posted by atexanone View Post
I would recommend all beginner riders on a 250r I have one (03 Ninja EX250R)and it's a blast the handling on it is insane due to the light weight. There is enough power to get you moving but not too much to where you can't correct if you make a mistake. I toped it out at a little over 100 mph but i do only weigh 160lbs with you only being 16 you have plenty of time to move up in size just my .02
i'm turn 17 in the summer!! lol
but like i'm 5'11 and i play football so i have that football body!!!
so yeah, but 250r is the way to go!!!! i weight about like 200 something do you think the 250r is still good for me???????????????????????

and i'm not really think about get a bike yet no rush!!!!! still have to take the class!! i just want to know what is a good starting bike
kid_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:33 PM   #13
kid_who
Senior Member
 
kid_who's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cypress Area
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 250












Quote:
Originally Posted by SW@T View Post
Here is the link to awesome cycles...http://www.awesomecycles.com/ check out the schedule and sign up for a class you can make

here are the prices:

Weekday Classes: $175.00*
All Others: $195.00*

MH members get a discount,I can't remeber exactly how much it is...but the class is worth every penny
this is a stupid question but i have to have a license to take this class right cuz i'm still working on get my divers license right now???
kid_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:35 PM   #14
SW@T
SWAGGA OF A CRIPPLE!!
 
SW@T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: SW side of Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,166

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Track= 07 600RR
Street= 09 R6 white/red



Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by kid_who View Post
i'm turn 17 in the summer!! lol
but like i'm 5'11 and i play football so i have that football body!!!
so yeah, but 250r is the way to go!!!! i weight about like 200 something do you think the 250r is still good for me???????????????????????

and i'm not really think about get a bike yet no rush!!!!! still have to take the class!! i just want to know what is a good starting bike
Age has nothing to do with it...it's all about experience...there's a member on here "thenextrossi" that is your age and can basically ride the rubber off of anything at the track

you will be fine on the 250, but as texlurch said you will probably out grow it quickly, as stated check out the ninja 500's they are great bikes as well...there is one in the for sale section as we speak TRINI is the member who is selling it, check out her thread and see if the price fits your budget
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP171 View Post
no she doesn't wear the pants, she does however own the !
SW@T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:49 PM   #15
kid_who
Senior Member
 
kid_who's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cypress Area
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 250












Quote:
Originally Posted by SW@T View Post
Age has nothing to do with it...it's all about experience...there's a member on here "thenextrossi" that is your age and can basically ride the rubber off of anything at the track

you will be fine on the 250, but as texlurch said you will probably out grow it quickly, as stated check out the ninja 500's they are great bikes as well...there is one in the for sale section as we speak TRINI is the member who is selling it, check out her thread and see if the price fits your budget
oh okay thank man
kid_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:53 PM   #16
SW@T
SWAGGA OF A CRIPPLE!!
 
SW@T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: SW side of Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,166

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Track= 07 600RR
Street= 09 R6 white/red



Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by kid_who View Post
this is a stupid question but i have to have a license to take this class right cuz i'm still working on get my divers license right now???
Hmm to be honest I really don't know

PM Challen on here...he will be able to help you with any and all questions you have related to the MSF at awesome cycles
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP171 View Post
no she doesn't wear the pants, she does however own the !
SW@T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:53 PM   #17
kid_who
Senior Member
 
kid_who's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cypress Area
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 250












how do i find people's profile i want to see thenextrossi profile?? he's the same age as me!!! nice that crazy cool
kid_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:55 PM   #18
Deano3090
Dino Racing
 
Deano3090's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: 290 / Eldridge / NW Houston
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 1,346

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2012 YZF-R1 - (Race)
2009 GSXR 750 - (Race)
2007 GSXR 750 - (Race)
2003 CRF450 Motard (Race)
2005 CRF100 Motard (Race)



Quote:
Originally Posted by kid_who View Post
this is a stupid question but i have to have a license to take this class right cuz i'm still working on get my divers license right now???
If I'm not mistaken, you must take the MSF class to get your class M license now. I think they passed a state law. None the less, you want to take the class weather it's required by the state or not.

When I took it, you just had to go to the DPS office, show you passed the class, and just take the "writen" (computer) test.
__________________
CMRA/WERA # 86 - Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/DinoRacing309
2016 Sponsors - Bridgestone Tires - 380 Racing & Paint - Leather & Lace Racing
www.gravesport.com - www.RideSmart.info - www.CycleGear.com - www.spyoptics.com
www.SCRaceCenter.com - www.P-1Race.com - www.DNPAmericas.com - www.GoPro.com
www.amsoil.com - www.racerglovesusa.com - www.VPRacingFuels.com - www.SidiSport.com
Deano3090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:59 PM   #19
kid_who
Senior Member
 
kid_who's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cypress Area
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 250












Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano3090 View Post
If I'm not mistaken, you must take the MSF class to get your class M license now. I think they passed a state law. None the less, you want to take the class weather it's required by the state or not.

When I took it, you just had to go to the DPS office, show you passed the class, and just take the "writen" (computer) test.
wait? are you saying that i don't have to have my drives license to go to MSF classes????????
kid_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 01:10 PM   #20
kid_who
Senior Member
 
kid_who's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cypress Area
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 250












Quote:
Originally Posted by SW@T View Post
Hmm to be honest I really don't know

PM Challen on here...he will be able to help you with any and all questions you have related to the MSF at awesome cycles

i PM challen
i'm just waiting for an answer now!!

SW@T thank you so much for everything you really help me when i get my bike i'll PM you so we can go ride some time

and thank you to everyone else my thread i made really help me alot that
:notwo rthy::h ello:
kid_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:32 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy