MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Forum Updates & Feedback
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2010, 03:34 PM   #1
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

FS section

As of late there has been some really crappy FS ads on MH. Sellers, if you have a salvage title bike please realize that having a bad title REDUCES the selling price of your bike DRASTICALLY no matter what amount of $ you have invested in your bike. Insurance companies will take the salvage title into account and if the buyer happens to crash the bike will give him pennies on the dollar instead of FMV. Secondly, please check KBB retail value and trade in value of the item you are selling. Your price should be in between these 2 numbers not at full retail value. Retail is used for dealers as they incur the cost of making sure the bike is in good working order etc...also bc they are in business of making money on bikes.

If I were interested in your bike and were on the verge of buying it my offer would be around 2.-2.4k.

I'm not trying to be negative just giving you a little insight from someone who has worked in the motorcycle business and has purchased more than a few bikes.

please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or remarks

Martin
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS section question Dr Strangelove Forum Updates & Feedback 6 08-10-2010 01:24 PM
RIP Section *** Memorial Section *** PoPoRiderRR Forum Updates & Feedback 5 09-05-2008 05:16 AM
is it me ? or do things in the FS section disapear ? Maverick Forum Updates & Feedback 10 03-09-2006 09:39 PM
New Section????? dotcom Forum Updates & Feedback 53 12-11-2005 07:07 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-22-2010, 03:50 PM   #2
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

people can price whatever they want, you either buy it, or dont say .
Old 01-22-2010, 03:59 PM   #3
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post

"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 04:04 PM   #4
BigComfy

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Oops was supposed to be a PM. please edit the pricing.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:04 PM   #5
spartandude
Custom User Title

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
750 honda shadow spirit

Member Garage

Quite the Mod stomp.
My left eye turned into my skull and attempted to eat its way through my brain to escape the visual assault of stupidity. Awww , it just got to my Primary Motor Cortex. I can feeeeeeeeeeelllkknowqenf npnvpjw jwq uqvrp
spartandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 04:13 PM   #6
BigComfy

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
You right and so can I. However, MH from my understanding is a forum that is here to help ridersnew and old no? Then when a bike is priced avoer Full retail and has a salvaged title isn't that contrary to what MH is here for? Unless th concept changed to just being a site for forum to promote themselves only and OT things..... Chris please get let me know on this thread or better yet you have my number and call me.

I'm not bashing MH on the contrary I have much love for the site I'm just trying to help the community a little by giving an honest point of view. I'm not liked by many members but for the most part respected....well at least in some way shape or form I am. The that has been going on as of late in the FS section especially is a big turn off to people who have plenty to contribute and to newer people who need QUALITY info. Seems like some of the top member (inculding sponsors that have always been very helpful) have refrained from doing so. I even see them on the "other" forum helping more there. Why? I don't feel a need to answer that.

This isn't an attack Chris. It is a comment from a friend and a member.

MH is still the best forum around but for how long?
Old 01-22-2010, 04:46 PM   #7
ormand
Deelish!

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r
Total Mileage: 42,000

"Buyer Beware"
Old 01-22-2010, 04:55 PM   #8
BcFrancis

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 9-12 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 yamaha R6(sold)

Member Garage

I would have to agree... I rather look on craigslist for a deal rather than on MH, b/c it seems everyone is out to make a killing on this site with their bikes!
Old 01-22-2010, 05:07 PM   #9
silverfudge
superfast jellyfish

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigComfy View Post
As of late there has been some really crappy FS ads on MH. Sellers, if you have a salvage title bike please realize that having a bad title REDUCES the selling price of your bike DRASTICALLY no matter what amount of $ you have invested in your bike. Insurance companies will take the salvage title into account and if the buyer happens to crash the bike will give him pennies on the dollar instead of FMV. Secondly, please check KBB retail value and trade in value of the item you are selling. Your price should be in between these 2 numbers not at full retail value. Retail is used for dealers as they incur the cost of making sure the bike is in good working order etc...also bc they are in business of making money on bikes.

If I were interested in your bike and were on the verge of buying it my offer would be around 2.-2.4k.

I'm not trying to be negative just giving you a little insight from someone who has worked in the motorcycle business and has purchased more than a few bikes.

please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or remarks

Martin
We try to protect our users, provide the resources, etc, but at some point we do hope users use whats between their ears.

We can only babysit so much.
silverfudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 05:09 PM   #10
AJFLo

Feedback Rating: (8)

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

Quote:
Mther fcking werd...

If someone thinks its a good deal. Then its a good deal.
Iím really happy for you and Iím going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
AJFLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 05:17 PM   #11
Valkorin

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 F4i
Stolen Big Wheel

Quote:
All true, and yet several threads recently come to mind where new guy douche bags have screwed around and wasted the time of members.

Perhaps though there is an easy solution, restrict posting for sale ads to members with say 100 posts, or several months of membership?

Might discourage continued BS, but not my site.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:12 PM   #12
DanteLee
Sexy Dynamite

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
suzuki katana 96(sold)
honda cbr f4i 06 (sold)
ride my neighbors harley cuz he doesnt ride it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkorin View Post
All true, and yet several threads recently come to mind where new guy douche bags have screwed around and wasted the time of members.

Perhaps though there is an easy solution, restrict posting for sale ads to members with say 100 posts, or several months of membership?

Might discourage continued BS, but not my site.
100 or 100,000 posts same chit will continue as long as the BEATINGS arent strictly enforced.......
Old 01-22-2010, 07:28 PM   #13
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR

Altho what BC is true, what Chris say is also true, something may be worth 10 bucks for me, but to the next guy it may be worth 100.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Weird Lady
Mucus Membrane!
hotcknstrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:52 PM   #14
mammothmc

I've built some really nice custom bikes out of salvage title bikes that I've sold for WAY over retail. For me, I could care less what's on a piece of paper if the bike is nice. I've seen clean titled bikes that I wouldn't give you $50 for.

In general, most bikes get wrecked or dropped at some point in thieir life. Salvage titled bikes get that way because somebody had full coverage insurance & had an oops. Insurance company pays off the bike & sends it to an auction. They VOLUNTARILY apply for a salvage title to show an accident. I Have less worries about those bikes than the clean title bike that some douche financed on a yamaha card wrecked & tried to fix it himself with chinese plastic & no mechanical skills.

He really couldn't afford the bike in the first place which is why he didn't have full coverage. Sine he was short on cash he probably didn't even change the oil. He didn't apply for the salvage title, so some rookie thinks they're getting a great deal & end up with a ...........but it has a clean title so its all good right?
mammothmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:58 PM   #15
AJFLo

Bike(s):
K7 GSXR 600
06 Honda 50

^^^ Well put...
Iím really happy for you and Iím going to let you finish but AJFlo is one of the baddest mother fockers of all time!!!
AJFLo is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement